Last updated on August 14th, 2023 at 02:11 pm
Facts About Leonardo DiCaprio
|Celebrated Name||Leonardo DiCaprio|
|Age||48 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio|
|Place Of Birth||California, US|
|University||University of Los Angeles (UCLA)|
|Father||George Di Caprio|
|Mother||Irmelin Di Caprio|
|Awards Won||Oscars 2016’ for ‘Best Actor’ in ‘The Revenant’|
|Net Worth||$300 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Acting and modeling career, producer|
|Famous For||Being an American actor, producer, and environmentalist.|
|Best Known For||For playing Jack Dawson in the 1997 film "Titanic", Frank Abagnale Jr. in the 2002 film "Catch Me If You Can", Howard Hughes in the 2004 film "The Aviator", J. Edgar Hoover in the 2011 film "J. Edgar". Teddy in Shutter Island etc|
|Awards||Golden Globe Awards, Academy Awards etc|
|School||Seeds Elementary School|
|Links||Instagram Twitter Facebook|
Multi-talented actor, Leonardo Di Caprio shot to stardom after starring in the 1997 epic romance and disaster film "Titanic" directed by James Cameron. Since then his acting skills have polished and has showcased great acting skills in movies like, "The Aviator", "Blood Diamond", "The Departed", "Shutter Island" and many more. He also campaigns for environmental issues all over the world.
Leonardo DiCaprio is very active in Social Media.. More than 60 million people follow him on Instagram.
What is Leonardo DiCaprio Famous for?
- For Playing the role of Jack Dawson in the 1997 film Titanic, Frank Abagnale Jr. in the 2002 film Catch Me If You Can, Howard Hughes in the 2004 film The Aviator, and J. Edgar Hoover in the 2011 film J. Edgar.
- including the action thriller Inception (2010), the western Django Unchained (2012), the biopic The Wolf of Wall Street (2013), the survival drama The Revenant (2015)—for which he won the Academy Award for Best Actor—and the comedy-dramas Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019) and Don't Look Up (2021).
Where is Leonardo DiCaprio from?
On November 11, 1974, Leonardo DiCaprio was born in California, US. His Full name is Leonardo Wilhelm Caprio. He belongs of American nationality. By Profession, he is Film Actor and Film Producer. He attended the University of Los Angeles (UCLA). His horoscope sign is Scorpio.
DiCaprio grew up with his parents, George DiCaprio (father) and Irmelin DiCaprio (mother). His father was an underground comic artist while his mother was an illegal German immigrant. However, his parents divorced when he was young age. However, the credit for starting his acting career goes to his parents who motivated him to start acting at an early age.
The Career Highlights of Leonardo DiCaprio
- By the early 1990s, DiCaprio began acting regularly on television, starting with a role in the pilot of The Outsiders (1990) and one episode of the soap opera Santa Barbara (1990), in which he played a teenage alcoholic.
- DiCaprio made his film debut later that year as the stepson of an unscrupulous landlord in the low-budget horror sequel Critters 3 – a part he later described as "your average, no-depth, standard kid with blond hair"
- In 1992, DiCaprio had a brief role in the first installment of the Poison Ivy film series, and was handpicked by Robert De Niro from a shortlist of 400 young actors to co-star with him in This Boy's Life
- DiCaprio's first role of 1995 was in Sam Raimi's Western The Quick and the Dead. When Sony Pictures became dubious over DiCaprio's casting, co-star Sharon Stone paid his salary herself
- DiCaprio next starred opposite Claire Danes in Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet (1996)
- DiCaprio rejected a role in Boogie Nights (1997) to star opposite Kate Winslet in James Cameron's Titanic as members of different social classes who fall in love aboard RMS Titanic during its ill-fated maiden voyage. Titanic became the highest-grossing film at the time, eventually earning more than $2.1 billion in box-office receipts worldwide.
- DiCaprio had a brief featured role in Woody Allen's 1998 satire of fame, Celebrity.
- DiCaprio has taken up roles of characters that helped him secure a place in the American film industry.
- in 2002, DiCaprio starred in Martin Scorsese's Gangs of New York, a historical drama set in the mid-19th century in the Five Points district of New York City.
- He starred in the 2004 film "The Aviator" the 2006 crime drama "The Departed", and a documentary film "The 11th Hour" (2007)
- DiCaprio continued to collaborate with Scorsese in the 2010 psychological thriller film Shutter Island, based on the 2003 novel of the same name by Dennis Lehane.
- Along with this, he played in the film, "The Great Gatsby" in 2013, which is a novel adaptation of the same title.
- DiCaprio's second role in 2010 was in Christopher Nolan's critically acclaimed ensemble science-fiction film Inception.
- The same year, he even starred in the movie "The Wolf of Wall Street" taking up the role of Jordan Belfort.
- He also appeared in the films like The Revenant (2015), Before the Flood (2016), Once Upon Time in Hollywood (2019), and Don't Look Up (2021).
- In 2021, DiCaprio appeared in Adam McKay's satirical comedy Don't Look Up.
- DiCaprio next starred in Scorsese's crime drama Killers of the Flower Moon (2023) based on the book of the same name by David Grann, for which he was paid $30 million.
- Besides acting, he works as a producer too. He has produced several documentary films and movies, including The Aviator (2004), 11TH Hour (2007), Gardener of Eden (2007), Red Riding Hood (2011), and Fin (2021).
- To date, he has acted in around more than 30 films and appeared in several television shows too. The actor has improved and taken himself to the next level after starting his acting career.
Awards and Achievements of Leonardo DiCaprio
- Best Supporting Actor, nomination, as Arnold "Arnie" Grape in What's Eating Gilbert Grape
- Best Actor, nomination, as Howard Hughes in The Aviator
- Best Actor, nomination, as Danny Archer in Blood Diamond
- Best Picture and Best Actor, nominations, as Jordan Belfort in The Wolf of Wall Street
- 8Best Actor, win, for his role as Hugh Glass in The Revenant
- Best Actor, nomination, as Rick Dalton in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
- After being nominated six times for The Academy Awards, he finally won The Oscars for Best Actor for his work in the movie "The Revenant" in 2016.
- DiCaprio was nominated eleven times for the Golden Globe Awards. He won the Golden Globe Awards of 2005, 2015, and 2016 for his work in "The Aviator", "The Wolf of Wall Street", and "The Revenant" respectively.
- He received the People’s Choice Awards for Best Dramatic Movie Actor for his work in ‘"The Great Gatsby" in 2014.
- Along with this, he received nominations for prestigious awards like, ‘Teen Choice Awards, ‘Young Artist Awards’,’ Scream Awards’, ‘Saturn Awards’ and many more.
- DiCaprio has won three Golden Globe Awards: Best Actor – Motion Picture Drama for The Aviator and The Revenant and Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for The Wolf of Wall Street, as well as a BAFTA Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Actor for The Revenant.
Contributions of Leonardo Di Caprio
- 88th Academy Award Winner DiCaprio is an active advocate of an environment.
- He even took a break from his acting career to focus on issues of the environment.
- DiCaprio is an environmental campaigner and is actively concerned about issues regarding the world environment.
- He manages time to post updates related to his activities on social networking sites.
- Also, a foundation under his name ‘Leonardo Di Caprio Foundation’ has been established which posts news about his latest films and addresses environmental issues.
What is the marital status of Leonardo DiCaprio?
Leonardo DiCaprio's marital status is unmarried but he has been in several relationships until now. He has been in relationships with several actresses with whom he previously starred in movies.
Recently in September 2022, DiCaprio and Camila Morrone broke up, shortly after her 25th birthday. Despite having a 23-year age difference, the pair dated for about five years.
DiCaprio was in a long-time relationship with Bar Refaeli from 2005 to 2011. Bar Refaeli is an Israeli actress/model and a businesswoman. From 2011 to 2012, he was in relationships with Blake Lively, Erin Heatherton, Barbara Palvin, Tony Gann, and others.
Moreover, he had a short-time affair with the singer, Rihanna in the year 2015. He also dated Lorena Rae, Nina Abdel, Chelsea Weimar, and Kelly Rohrbach.
Similarly, he was in an unsuccessful relationship with other women like Demi Moore (1998-2002), Natasha Henstridge (1997), Kristen Zang, Bridget Hall, Heather Graham, and others.
According to rumors, he was in alleged affairs with Paris Hilton and Carmen Electra in 2000.
Currently, he is single.
How tall is Leonardo DiCaprio?
Handsome actor, Leonardo DiCaprio has a tall height of 1.83 m 5 feet 11 inches and a balanced weight of 75 kg (165 lbs). He has a Chest of 42 inches, a Waist of 34 inches, and biceps of 14 inches. His hair color is Blonde and his eye color is Blue. Moreover, he is straight in terms of sexual orientation.
What is the Net Worth of Leonardo DiCaprio?
Because of his hard work and enthusiasm, Leonardo DiCaprio has been earning a good amount of money throughout his acting career. His estimated net worth amounts to USD 300 million. Major credits of his earnings go to his career as an actor and film producer.
From ‘Titanic’, he earned around USD 55 million, and from ‘The Revenant’ he accumulated USD 30 million. However, his salary is not known.
Trivias About Leonardo DiCaprio You Need To Know.
- Caprio is an environmentalist aside from an actor.
- He separates a time from his busy schedule to indulge in environmental related activities.
- To support his environmental beliefs, he even included things about an environment in his Thank you speech at the ‘Oscars 2016’.
- He has no tattoo carvings on his body and has not done plastic surgeries.
- He also does a lot of traveling.