Lesley Manville - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Personal Life, Married, Husband, Parents, Family, Nationality, Age, Height, Wiki, Facts, Awards, Career, Son
Lesley Ann Manville, popularly known as Lesley Manville is an English actress. Manville started her career in theaters and later starred in numerous movies and television shows. She is best known for her frequent collaborations with director Mike Leigh. They have collaborated in films, Grown-Ups, High Hopes, Secrets & Lies, Topsy-Turvy, All or Nothing, Vera Drake, Another Year, and Mr. Turner. She also appeared in numerous other films in her career. She won several critics' awards for her work in Another Year and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for Phantom Thread. In television, she is known for her roles in Emmerdale Farm, A Bunch of Fives, Mum, and Harlots. She also has guest roles in several other television series. She has also starred in numerous theater productions.
For her work, she has won several awards and earned numerous nominations. She was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2015 Birthday Honours.
What is Lesley Manville Famous For?
- Her collaboration with Mike Leigh in several films.
Where is Lesley Manville From?
Lesley Manville was born on 12 March 1956. Her birth name is Lesley Ann Manville. Her birth place is in Brighton, East Sussex in England. She holds an English nationality. She was born to her father, Ron Manville, and her mother, Jean Manville. She has two sisters. She belongs to white ethnicity and her religion is Christianity. Her zodiac sign is Pisces. Her home town is nearby Hove. She attended the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts at age 15.
Lesley Manville Career
- Lesley Manville started training as a soprano singer at the age of 8. She became U18 champion of Sussex two times.
- She learned improvisation from Italia Conti teacher Julia Carey.
- She made her professional stage debut with the West End musical I an Albert in 1972. It was directed by John Schlesinger.
- She started her television career acting career appearing in minor roles.
- She made her television debut with the tv series, Village Hall in 1974.
- She soon landed a major role of Rosemary Kendall in the British soap opera in Emmerdale Farm.
- She made her film debut with the 1985 British tragedy film, Dance with a Stranger.
- She is known for her collaboration with director, Mike Leigh who she met in 1979. They went on to collaborate in numerous movies, Grown-Ups (1980), High Hopes (1988), Secrets & Lies (1996), Topsy-Turvy (1999), All or Nothing (2002), Vera Drake (2004), Another Year (2010), and Mr. Turner (2014).
- She won Evening Standard British Film Award for Best Actress and the London Film Critics Circle Award for Best British Actress of the Year for All or Nothing.
- She was nominated for BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Actress for Another Year in 2011.
- She won London Film Critics Circle Award for Best British Actress of the Year, the National Board of Review Award for Best Actress, the San Diego Film Critics Society Award for Best Supporting Actress, and the Santa Barbara International Film Festival Virtuoso Award for her work in Another Year.
- She has starred in several other films as well. Some of Manville-starring major films are Dance with a Stranger (1985), A Christmas Carol (2009), Maleficent (2014), Phantom Thread (2018), Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019), and Let Him Go (2020) among others.
- She was nominated for the Best Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for her role in Phantom Thread.
- She won London Film Critics' Circle Award for Supporting Actress of the Year for Phantom Thread and was nominated for several other critics' awards.
- In television, she had major roles in Emmerdale Farm, A Bunch of Fives, Mum, and Harlots.
- She won the Royal Television Society Award for Comedy Performance (Female) for her work in Mum. She was nominated for the British Academy Television Award for Best Female Comedy Performance for the same role in 2017 and 2019.
- She also has appeared in guest roles or minor roles in numerous television series.
- She will portray Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon in the final two seasons of the television series The Crown.
- She has also starred in numerous theatre productions.
- She won Laurence Olivier Award for her role in the 2013-14 revival of the play, Ghosts.
Who is Lesley Manville Husband?
Lesly Manville has been married twice. She was first married to Gary Oldman. They got married in 1987. Their son, Alfie was born in 1988. The pair split in 1989 and divorced in 1990. Prior to that, she dated actor Peter Duncan.
Her second marriage was to an actor, Joe Dixon. They got married in 2000, only to divorce four years later in 2004. More details about her personal life will be updated here.
How Tall is Lesley Manville?
Lesley Manville stands at the height of 1.57 m i.e. 5 feet and 2 inches tall. She has a body weight of around 132 lbs i.e. 60 kg. She has a slim body build. Her eye color is hazel and her hair color is dark brown. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Lesley Manville Net Worth?
Lesley Manville earns from her career in the entertainment industry. The majority of her income comes from her acting career. Having started off her career as a theater actress, she later went on to star in numerous movies and television shows, most notably her collaboration with director Mike Leigh. She has starred in numerous movies, tv shows, and theater plays. For her work, she has won several awards and earned several nominations. She gets paid a handsome paycheck for projects. She has made her fortune working in the entertainment industry for over four decades. Her net worth is estimated at around $2 million by some media outlets.
Trivias About Lesley Manville You Need To Know.
- Her mother was a ballet dancer.
- Her father was a taxi driver.
- She rejected teacher Arlene Phillip's invitation to join the new dance troupe Hot Gossip.
- She delivered a monologue for the Equity Benevolent Fund to support fellow actors during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.
- She was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2015 Birthday Honours.
- She was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2021 New Year Honours for services to drama and charity.