Lil Kim - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Facts, Relationship, Boyfriend, Family, Parents, Nationality, Ethnicity, Height, Weight Loss, Awards, Career, Albums
Lil Kim is an American rapper, actress, model as well as a reality TV personality. She is famous for being one of the most successful female rappers, having sold over 15 million albums and over 30 million singles. She is well-recognized for being the second rapper in music history to have at least three studio albums (Hard Core, The Notorious K.I.M., and La Bella Mafia) certified as platinum. In November 1996, she released her debut studio album, "Hard Core", which was a huge hit and was certified double Platinum by RIAA which spawned three successful singles: "No Time", "Not Tonight (Ladies Night)", and "Crush on You". The album was followed by The Notorious K.I.M. (2000), La Bella Mafia (2003), The Naked Truth (2005), 9 (2019). In January 1999, she made her theatrical film debut in the romantic comedy movie, "She's All That". She made her first TV show appearance in the comedy talk show, The Chris Rock Show in 1997. Her appearance in the show wasn't credited. Her first credited work came in the musical talk series, Soul Train in 1997. In the year 2001, she was featured on the single "Lady Marmalade" (a remake of the 1974 hit single of the same name, originally recorded by LaBelle), alongside Mýa, Pink, and Christina Aguilera, which topped the U.S. Billboard Hot 100. She released her first clothing line, Hollyhood in 2004. In September 2010, she launched her second clothing line under the label of 24/7 Goddess Collection. As part of her endorsement deal with Cîroc Vodka, she was declared the first lady of the brand. She was placed in the #34 spot by VH1 in the list featuring 50 Greatest Hip Hop Artists. Her music catalog features undertones of sex-positive feminism and the importance of female pleasure, instead of the man as the "dominant priority," through explicit lyrics about sex. She is nicknamed Lil' Kim, Queen Bee, Queen of Hip-Hop, Queen of Rap, and Rap Goddess.
- Being one of the most successful female rappers.
- For releasing multiple commercially successful albums such as The Notorious K.I.M. and La Bella Mafia.
- For her bold and eye-catching fashion sense, which has inspired several next-generation rappers.
- For her risk-taking and luxurious approach to fashion that inspired many artists; she has been cited as a fashion icon, as well as one of the most influential rappers of all time by various media outlets.
What Ethnicity is Lil Kim? Details To Know About Her Parents, Nationality, and Education
Lil Kim was brought into this world by her parents on 11th July 1975 in the Bedford–Stuyvesant neighborhood of Brooklyn. She is from New York City, New York, the USA. Her birth name is Kimberly Denise Jones. As per her birthdate, Kim's Zodiac sign falls under Cancer. By nationality, she is American and she belongs to Mixed ethnicity as she has African-American ancestry. About her family, her father's name is Linwood Jones, a former US Marine, and her mother's name is Ruby Jones (later Ruby Jones-Mitchell). Also, he has a sibling; an older brother namely Christopher Jones. At the age of 9, her parents separated, and Jones was raised by her father, with whom she had a tumultuous relationship. She follows the Christianity religion. Her race is black.
Focusing on her education, Kim went to the Queen of All Saints Elementary School in Brooklyn. After being kicked out of her house by her father, Jones dropped out of high school and began living out on the streets. After that, she got enrolled at the Sarah J. Hale Vocational High School. After studying for two and a half years, she dropped out. She then got admission at the Brooklyn College Academy to complete her high school education.
Lil Kim Career Timeline
- Jones's career started when B.I.G was promoting the Brooklyn-based group Junior M.A.F.I.A. which includes Jones as well.
- Then, Jones adopted the stage name, Lil Kim.
- The group's album "Conspiracy" was released on 29th August 1995 which debuted at number eight on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart, selling 69,000 copies in its first week of release. The album's hit singles are "Player's Anthem", "I Need You Tonight", and "Get Money". The RIAA certified Conspiracy gold on 6th December 1995.
- On 23rd July 1996, Jones was arrested for possession of marijuana after police raided the Teaneck, New Jersey home of Wallace. The arrest came after police smelled marijuana inside the home when they went to ask for someone to move an illegally parked car. She denied she was smoking, claiming she was "upstairs all day sleeping".
- Her debut album was "Hard Core" was released in November 1996 after she started her solo career. The album debuted at number 11 on the Billboard 200, the highest debut for a female rap album at that time, and number 3 on Billboard's Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums, selling 78,000 copies in its first week of release and has sold over 5 million copies worldwide. The album was certified double platinum by the RIAA on March 14, 2001, after having been certified gold on January 6, 1997, and platinum on June 3, 1997. The album's singles is "No Time", "Crush on You", "Not Tonight" among others.
- Also, she promoted Hard Core by performing on P. Diddy's "No Way Out" tour in 1997 which became one of the highest-grossing hip-hop tours of all time, grossing an estimated $16 million.
- Then, she launched her own label Queen Bee Entertainment.
- Also, she continued working under the management of B.I.G.'s best friend, Damion "D-Roc" Butler's "Roc Management", touring and modeling for various fashion and pop culture companies including Candie's, Versace, Iceberg, and Baby Phat from the year 1998 to 2000.
- On 17th March 1999, Teaneck police issued an arrest warrant after Jones failed to turn up to court dates stemming from the arrest. She was later removed from Teaneck's wanted list in October 2003, after $350 in bail was posted on her behalf.
- She released her second album The "Notorious K.I.M." on 27th June 2000. The album debuted at number 4 on the Billboard 200 and number 1 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart, selling 229,000 copies in its first week which was certified platinum by the RIAA, four weeks after its release.
- She then teamed up with Christina Aguilera, Pink, and Mýa to remake "Lady Marmalade" in 2001 and recorded the song for the Moulin Rouge! film soundtrack which was released in April 2001. The song stayed number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for five weeks and also went to number 1 in 50 countries around the world. She became the second solo female rapper in history to hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100 charts.
- The second single, "Kimnotyze", was released as the lead single of record producer DJ Tomekk's compilation album "Beat Of Life, Vol 1."
- She released the song "Whats The Word" in mid-2002 which went on to peak at number 9 on the Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles chart which was later released on the Japan edition of her third studio album, "La Bella Mafia", as a bonus track.
- On 20th June 2003, she had $250,000 worth of jewelry stolen from her while catching a flight at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport after a bag, which she intended to carry on, was mixed up with eight other pieces of her luggage. The missing jewelry was recovered 10 days later, found wrapped up in a rag in a locker room for airline employees by a United Airlines worker.
- She then released her third studio album, "La Bella Mafia" on 4th March 2003 which debuted at number 5 on the Billboard 200, selling 166,000 copies in its first week. The album included the singles, "The Jump Off", "Magic Stick", "Thug Luv" among others.
- In addition, she also made an appearance on the multi-platform videogame "Def Jam: Fight for NY".
- She recorded a cover of "These Boots Are Made for Walkin'" in 2004.
- In addition, she was featured on the remix of "Naughty Girl" by Beyoncé.
- she began recording a pilot for a VH1 reality show titled "718 Makeover" in December 2004.
- She was convicted of three counts of conspiracy and one count of perjury for lying to a federal grand jury about her and her friends' involvement in a 2001 shooting outside the Hot 97 studios in Manhattan on 17th March 2005.
- She released her fourth album, "The Naked Truth" on 27th September 2005. The album debuted at number 6 on the Billboard 200 chart, selling 109,000 copies in its first week of release, giving Lil' Kim her third top 10 debuts on the chart. The album's singles is "Lighters Up", "Whoa" among others.
- Debbie Harry released a song in tribute to Lil' Kim called "Dirty and Deep" in protest of her conviction in May 2006.
- On 6th June 2006, her first compilation album "Dance Remixes" was released which featured remixes of songs from "The Naked Truth and Hard Core".
- She presented the award for Best Male Video at the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards on 31st August 2006.
- Moreover, she made appearances on the show "The Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll" and "Pussycat Dolls Present: Girlicious" in 2007 and 2008 as a judge.
- Next, she released her first mixtape, "Ms. G.O.A.T.", an acronym for "Greatest of All Time", on June 3, 2008, which was produced by New York City DJs Mister Cee and DJ Whoo Kid.
- The song "Girls" by Korean singer Seven featuring Lil' Kim was released through digital stores as his U.S. debut single on 10th March 2009.
- Additionally, she released the song "Download" featuring R&B singers T-Pain and Charlie Wilson on 24th March 2009.
- She appeared on the eighth season of the reality series "Dancing with the Stars" in which she was paired with professional dancer Derek Hough until the dance couple was eliminated on 5th May 2009.
- Then, the Ludacris song "Hey Ho", which featured Lil' Kim and Lil Fate, was released as a promo single for his seventh studio album "Battle of the Sexes" on 16th February 2010.
- She started her 2010 Tour, her first headlining tour since 2000. in June 2010 which took her across the US, as well as Canada and Europe.
- Her second mixtape "Black Friday" was released on 14th February 2011.
- On 28th November 2011, she released a buzz single called "I Am Not the One".
- She released the song "If You Love Me" on Valentine's Day 2012.
- On 17th May 2012, she started her "Return of the Queen Tour".
- She also stated that her upcoming book, "The Price of Loyalty", is on hold.
- She released her single "Looks Like Money" on 11th July 2013.
- She announced and released the cover art for a new mixtape entitled "Hard Core 2K13" on 26th July 2013.
- Next, she released the singles "Dead Gal Walking" and "Kimmy Blanco".
- On 11th September 2014, the "Hard Core" mixtape was released.
- Her fourth mixtape "Lil Kim Season" was released in the year 2016.
- She was then featured on the song "Lovin You for Life" from the album "The King & I", by singer Faith Evans.
- After that, she released a promotional single "Took Us a Break" and was featured on the song "Wake Me Up" by rapper Remy Ma.
- She released another promotional single "Spicy" in March 2018.
- She released the single "Nasty One" on 11th July 2018.
- On October 4, 2019, her next album "9" became available for pre-order on all digital-download platforms including the single "Go Awff", "Found You" among others. Sadly, the album failed to chart on the Billboard 200 due to selling less than 1,000 copies, and no song from the album landed on the Hot 100 or Bubbling Under.
- On her 8th November 2019 appearance on "The Real", Kim confirmed that Paris Hilton and Missy Elliott will appear on "9"'s follow-up; she said the song "sounds like a classic Missy Elliott record but 'now.'"(1:20).
Lil Kim Awards and Achievements
Lіl Кіm hаѕ won 41 awards and has won 88 nоmіnаtіоnѕ through hеr music саrееr. Ѕhе hаѕ wоn 2 'Ѕоul Тrаіn Lаdу оf Ѕоul Аwаrdѕ', 3 'МТV Vіdео Мuѕіс Аwаrdѕ,' 2 'МОВО Аwаrdѕ,' 'Grаmmу Аwаrd,' 'Віllbоаrd Мuѕіс Аwаrd,' 2 'ВМІ Urbаn Аwаrdѕ,' 'Сhаnnеl [V] Тhаіlаnd Мuѕіс Vіdео Аwаrdѕ,' 'Соkе Јuісе Аwаrdѕ', 2 'Grооvеvоlt Мuѕіс & Fаѕhіоn Аwаrdѕ' among others.
Lil Kim Personal Life, Relationships and Affairs
Lil Kim was an unmarried lady who is still to get married. She is assumed to be single at present as there is no news and rumors about her dating or having a relationship with anyone. It seems she is focusing on her career rather than being in a relationship. She is enjoying her present life a lot being single. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Initially, Lil' Kim dated Shawn Powell in her teens. They had first met at the Empire Roller Skating rink in Brooklyn and hit off immediately. After a couple of months, Powell was handed a prison sentence in excess of eight years. Jones and Powell continued their relationship with Jones visiting frequently and keeping in touch by writing letters to each other. The couple became engaged while he was incarcerated. With Jones focusing on starting her rap career, the engagement to Powell was eventually called off, and the couple split. After that, she met iconic rapper Christopher Wallace (The Notorious B.I.G.) in the year 1993 during a rap battle in Brooklyn. In 1996, she became pregnant with Wallace's child. Jones decided to terminate the pregnancy. "I already knew the kind of relationship that Biggie and I had, and I knew that [having a child] was something that couldn't take place..." Wallace called Jones three days before his death and told her he loved her. In a 2010 interview with Ed Lover on Power 105, Jones revealed that Wallace assaulted her and she described an incident where he choked her until she passed out. Later, in 2017, Jones admitted her relationship with Wallace was "very violent" after Jermaine Dupri claimed that he witnessed Wallace pull a pistol out on Jones. They were still in a relationship by the time of his death in March 1997. After then, she was in a relationship with Sean Combs, Jay-Z. In the year 2002, she started dating Damion "World" Hardy; the couple split in the year 2003. It was during this time that Jones had been a victim of physical abuse. Jones also stated how she had to have multiple nose jobs due to being punched. Also, she often had black eyes and once had to undergo an MRI to assess the damage caused by one vicious assault. In the year 2004, she started dating successful music producer, Scott Storch. Their relationship ended just after two months of their dating. In 2013, Storch revealed that he would have married Jones if the relationship had worked out. Then, she dated Jamie Foxx from the year 2007 to 2008, Tracy Morgan in 2008, Maino, Floyd Mayweather Jr. from 2011 to 2012. She dated rapper Mr. Papers in the summer of 2012. In June 2014, she gave birth to their daughter, Royal Reign. They eventually decided to go separate ways by the end of 2015.
Lil Kim Net Worth and Endorsement Deals
Lil Kim is one of the successful female rappers in the world. Professionally, Kim is an American rapper, record producer, model, and songwriter whose net worth is estimated to have $18 Million as of 2021. She made this fortune by releasing several songs, albums, and endorsement deals, Her main source of wealth comes from the music industry and she is leading a luxurious lifestyle from her earnings. She is a very dedicated, struggling, and hardworking lady. Her life story is fully inspiring and motivational.
About Lil Kim's products and endorsements, she signed to Wilhelmina Models. She has done endorsement work for the brands and products such as MAC cosmetics (Print Ad), Apple (TV commercial), Mac Cosmetics/Viv Glam (Magazine advert), Old Navy (TV commercial), MAC Viva Glam III lipstick (Print Ad), Graphic Hoods (TV commercial). In the year 2010, she signed a lucrative endorsement deal with Three Olives Vodka and was made the face of Purple Vodka. She has also had a promotional deal with Cîroc Vodka. She modeled for the urban fashion line Baby Phat in August 2000. It was announced that Lil' Kim would launch a designer watch collection, titled "Royalty by Lil' Kim" in the year 2004.
Lil Kim Body Measurements: How tall is she?
Lil Kim is a beautiful woman with an average body type. She stands at the perfect height of 4 ft 11 in or 150 cm matching with her body weight of 55 kg or 121 lbs. She has a short height. Overall, she has got a healthy body with a sweet smile. She has dark brown eyes and her hair color is also dark brown. She often gravitates towards various hues of blonde highlights. She has a curvaceous figure. She also has a mole mark above her upper lip. During her stint in the popular dance reality show, Dancing with the Stars, she managed to lose the weight about 20 pounds.
Trivias About Lil Kim You Need To Know.
- Lil Kim started her first clothing line, Hollyhood in 2004.
- She is the second rapper in music history to have at least three studio albums (Hard Core, The Notorious K.I.M., and La Bella Mafia) certified as platinum.
- In July 2010, she released her signature milkshake Queen Bee at the upscale “Millions of Milkshakes” in West Hollywood.
- She is a staunch supporter of LGBT rights.
- During her stint in the popular dance reality show, Dancing with the Stars, she managed to lose the weight about 20 pounds.
- Her birth name is Kimberly Denise Jones.