Facts About Lionel Richie
|Celebrated Name||Lionel Richie|
|Age||74 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Lionel Richie|
|Birth Name||Lionel Brockman Richie, Jr.|
|Place Of Birth||Tuskegee, Alabama, U.S|
|Birth Nation||United States of America|
|Famous For||Singer. Songwriter, Composer|
|Height||5 feet 11 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||11 US|
|Spouse||Diane Alexander, Brenda Harvey-Richie|
|Father||Lionel Brockman Richie|
|Mother||Alberta R. Richie|
|Net Worth||$200 Million|
|School||Joliet Township High School|
|College / University||Tuskegee Institute|
|Source of Wealth||Music Industry|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Lionel Richie's name will go down in history as the writer and creator of numerous hits from his days with the Commodores o his time as a solo artist. He is an award-winning singer-songwriter of American descent and he continues to impact the music world to this day by inspiring and mentoring numerous up and coming acts. Let's know more about him through this article.
What is Lionel Richie famous for?
- An American singer, songwriter, composer, multi-instrumentalist, record producer and actor.
Where is Lionel Richie born?
Recalling his early life, Richie was born in Tuskegee, Alabama, the USA in the year 1949. His birth name is Lionel Brockman Richie Jr. He is the son of Alberta R. Foster and Lionel Brockman Richie, Sr.
Similarly, His nationality is American and he is of African-American, English, Scottish, and French-Canadian ethnicity. Further, his birth sign is Gemini.
Where is Lionel Richie educated?
Concerning his education, Richie was graduated from Joliet Township High School, East Campus. He played tennis while he was at college. He accepted a tennis scholarship to attend Tuskegee Institute and dropped out of Tuskegee Institute after his sophomore year. She seriously considered studying divinity to become a priest with the Episcopal Church.
When did Lionel Richie begin his music career?
- Moving towards his career, Richie began his career as a member of R&B groups in the mid-1960s. In 1968, he became a singer and saxophonist with the band Commodores.
- They signed a recording contract with Atlantic Records in 1968. By the late 1970s, he began to accept songwriting commissions from other artists.
- He released his debut solo album, Lionel Richie in 1982. The album hit #3 on the music charts and sold over 4 million copies. His second album Can’t Slow Down won two Grammy Awards, including Album of the Year. Richie has sold over 100 million records worldwide. He is one of the world’s best-selling artists of all time. He is also a five-time Grammy Award winner.
- He went on a hiatus for a few years only to return with his greatest-hits collection, Back to Front, in 1992. Four years later, he released his fourth studio album, Louder Than Words, which had disappointing sales.
- Time, his fifth studio album, released in 1998, also failed to make it big and had very low sales compared to his previous ventures.
- From 2002 to 2005, His song Running with the Night was featured on the video game, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. During this time, he was also seen in the British series, Top Gear and on a CMT Crossroads episode.
- From 2007 to 2009, he was seen on Australian Idol, performed at Times Square for the New Year’s Eve celebration and he also went on to release the album, Just Go.
- In 2009, he was seen performing at Michael Jackson’s memorial service.
- In 2010, he performed at the National Memorial Day Concert in Washington DC and he also performed at the AFL Grand Final Replay. Two years later, he released his tenth studio album, Tuskegee, which also features the hit singles of other recording artists.
- In 2013, he announced that he would launch the All the Nights All Night Long tour, on The Today Show on NBC.
- In 2016, He received the Songwriters Hall of Fame’s highest honor, the Johnny Mercer Award.
- On March 25th, 2019, He announced a 33-date tour across North America for the summer. His Hello Tour kicked off May 10th at Arlington's KAABOO Festival and runs through August.
- He is currently judging one of the greatest shows the American Idol with Katy Perry and Luke Bryan.
Who is Lionel Richie wife?
Reflecting on his personal life, Richie has been married and divorced twice in his life. His first wife was Brenda Harvey-Richie. They got married on 28th October 1975. The couple had a daughter named Nicole Richie. They divorced on 9th August 1993.
He got married for the second time on 21 December 1995, with Diana Alexander Richie. The couple had two children named Sofia Richie and Miles Brockman Richie. They divorced in 2004.
In 2009, he dated actress Bai Ling for a few months. According to the records, he is possibly single at the present time.
How much is Lionel Richie worth?
Being a singer and songwriter by profession, Richie earns an impressive amount of money and fame from his profession in the field of the music industry. Based on some online reports, his estimated net worth said to be $200 million at present. However, his salary and assets details are yet to be disclsoed.
How tall is Lionel Richie?
Observing his body statistics, Richie stands a height of 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighs around 77 kg. Similarly, He has black hair color and dark brown eye color. Further, His shoe size 11 (US).
Trivias About Lionel Richie You Need To Know.
- Richie is a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity.
- He holds a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Lionel is one of the all-time best selling artists in the world.