Lionel Shriver - Bio, Net Worth, Journalist, Books, Married, Husband, Age, Facts, Wiki, Family, Parents, Salary, Career, Nationality, Awards, Religion
Lionel Shriver is an American journalist and author who lives in the United Kingdom. She is best known for her novel We Need to Talk About Kevin, which won the Orange Prize for Fiction in 2005 and was adapted into the 2011 film of the same name, starring Tilda Swinton. She had written seven novels presently. Let's know about her nearly and her written novel's messages through this article.
What is Lionel Shriver famous for?
- American journalist and author.
- Her novel "We Need To Talk About Kevin".
Who are the parents of Lionel Shriver?
Recalling her early life, Shriver was born in Gastonia, North Carolina, U.S. and currently lives in London. She holds American nationality and belongs to white ethnicity.
She was born to Donald W. Shriver, a Presbyterian minister and Peggy Shriver, an executive for the National Council of Churches. Her birth name was Margaret Ann Shriver along with the birth sign of Taurus. Later At age 15, she informally changed her name from Margaret Ann to Lionel. She also has two brothers; Greg Shriver and Timothy Shriver.
Regarding her education, she was educated at Barnard College, Columbia University and has taught metalsmithing at Buck's Rock Performing and Creative Arts Camp in New Milford, Connecticut.
When did Lionel Shriver begin to start writing?
- Moving towards her career, From 2005, Shriver began writing a column for The Guardian, in which she has shared her opinions on maternal disposition within Western society, the pettiness of British government authorities, and the importance of libraries.
- After that, She has written for The Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, The New York Times, The Economist, contributed to the Radio Ulster program Talkback and many other publications.
- In 2009, she donated the short story "Long Time, No See" to Oxfam's "Ox-Tales" project, four collections of UK stories written by 38 authors. Her story was published in the Fire collection.
- Her book So Much for That was released on March 2nd, 2010. In this novel, she presents a biting criticism of the US health care system. It was subsequently named a finalist for the National Book Award in fiction. Her work The New Republic was published in 2012. Her 2013 book, Big Brother: A Novel, was inspired by the morbid obesity of one of her brothers.
- The Mandibles: A Family, 2029-2047 which published in May 2016 which is set in a near-future in which the United States is unable to repay its national debt and Mexico has built a wall on its northern border to keep out the US citizens trying to escape with their savings. Members of the moneyed Mandible family must contend with disappointment and struggle to survive after the inheritance they had been counting on had turned out to have turned to ash.
- She had written seven novels and published six before writing We Need to Talk About Kevin, which she called her "make or break" novel due to the years of "professional disappointment" and "virtual obscurity" preceding it.
- She currently writes regularly for The Spectator. In online articles, she discusses in detail her love of books and plans to leave a legacy to the Belfast Education and Library Board.
Who is the husband of Lionel Shriver?
Recalling her personal life, Shriver was married to jazz drummer Jeff Williams in the year of 2013. At present, the pair living a blissful life without a rumor of separation or divorce. Information regarding their child and when they met and how long they in a relationship, etc were yet to be disclosed.
What is Lionel Shriver's net worth?
Being a journalist and author, Shriver earns the sum of a good amount of money through her profession in the field of social media. Based on online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $12 million at present. However, her salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Lionel Shriver?
Observing her body physics, Shriver still has got an attractive slim body physique and amazing personality with blue eyes and light blonde hair. Furthermore, information regarding her body measurements is yet to be disclosed. In the case of an update, we will let you know.
Trivias About Lionel Shriver You Need To Know.
- Her most controversial novel - "We Need to Talk About Kevin" - won the 2005 Orange Prize, a guild that was founded in 1996 to support women's written works.