Lisa Riley - Bio, Net Worth, Emmerdale, Weight, Age, Facts, Partner
Lisa Jane Riley is an English actress and television presenter. She is excellently known as Lisa Riley. She is well known for portraying Mandy Dingle in the ITV soap opera "Emmerdale" between 1995 and 2001, and again in 2019. She started training in ballet when she was four and was spotted by an agent at age 12 while performing at the Oldham Theatre Workshop. In 1995, Lisa made her theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama, "Butterfly Kiss" as Danielle. She was also seen as herself in the British talk show "Loose Women" in 2021. Lisa has also earned a lovely fan base on her social media as she has gained more than 185K followers on her Instagram account and over 132.2K followers on her Twitter account. Moreover, Riley also won the National Television Awards for "Most Popular Newcomer" for her work in "Emmerdale".
Emmerdale Lisa Riley famous for
- Being an English actress and television presenter.
- For portraying Mandy Dingle in the ITV soap opera "Emmerdale".
Where was Lisa Riley born?
Lisa Riley opened her eyes for the very first time on 13th July 1976 in Bury, Greater Manchester, England. She was born with the real name of Lisa Jane Riley in a Christian religious family. She holds British nationality and she came from British-white ethnic background. Lisa has celebrated her 45th birthday in 2021 and as per her birth date, her zodiac sign is Cancer. Thus, her race is white. She is the daughter of her father Terry Riley and her mother Cath Riley (who died in July 2012 due to breast cancer). She has also one sibling a brother named Liam.
Moving to Lisa's education, she got enrolled at the Oldham Theatre Workshop to hone her acting and stage skills.
Lisa Riley Career
- Lisa Riley began her acting career starring in both "Coronation Street" and "Brookside" after which she was a cast member in "Butterfly Kiss".
- In 1995, she appeared in a guest role as Mandy Dingle in the British soap opera "Emmerdale" and also presented "You've Been Framed!" between 1998 and 2002.
- She even co-presented the six-part ITV series "Birthrace 2000" with Davina McCall in 1989 and featured as Rebecca Patterson, a "shy, retiring, twenty-something" woman, in the drama series "Fat Friends".
- She appeared as Nadia Hicks in the second series of ITV crime drama, "Scott & Bailey" in 2012 and signed up as a contestant on the tenth series of "Strictly Come Dancing", partnering with Robin Windsor.
- But, the pair were eliminated during the semi-finals, on 16th December 2012.
- Lisa has since appeared on the 2013 live tour and the backstage show "Strictly Confidential", directed by Craig Revel Horwood.
- It was announced that Riley had joined the ITV daytime series "Loose Women" as one of three new panelists in September 2016.
- Riley featured in the BBC miniseries Three Girls as Lorna in May 2017 and appeared in another BBC drama, Age Before Beauty, as "Tina Reegan" in August 2018.
Is Lisa Riley in a relationship?
Lisa Riley is an unmarried woman. She is in a romantic relationship with her handsome boyfriend AI. Lisa has remained tight-lipped about her relationship, but she confirmed her engagement in 2018 by sharing a photo of her stunning ring with her Instagram followers. She wrote: "Yes I can now confirm the rumors are true….I have got engaged…My soul mate and best mate and love of my life Al is the best thing to have ever happened to me…." Talking about her sexual orientation, she is straight.
How much is Lisa Riley's Net Worth?
Lisa Riley is a talented woman who has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2022 whereas she has also a handsome amount of salary which is around thousands of dollars per year. Lisa's among those few individuals that have such a wide range of experience and remains true to whatever she embarks on. Her major source of income is her acting career.
Lisa Riley Weight Loss
Lisa Riley stands at an ideal height of 5 ft 6 in with a balanced body weight of 70 kg. She has dark brown hair and eyes color. Additionally, Riley lost over 10 stones in weight in late 2016, and a year later, she had surgery to remove excess skin. Riley describes herself as a "dedicated vegetarian". Her body build type is average.
Trivias About Lisa Riley You Need To Know.
- She began training in ballet when she was four.
- Robin Windsor paired up with her on the tenth series of Strictly Come Dancing, and the two made it to the quarterfinals.
- She has done activism work for a number of charities and foundations to raise awareness about cancer.
- She is a supporter of the Labour Party.
- She identifies herself as a dedicated vegetarian.