Lisa Shaw (BBC Presenter) - Bio, Net Worth, Death, Death Cause, Husband, Family, Parents, Nationality, Age, Height, Wiki, Facts, Career, Illness, Kids
Lisa Shaw was a British radio presenter and journalist who was well known for her work as a presenter on the BBC show, "BBC Radio Newcastle". She had been working at the radio station for 5 years since 2016, until her death on May 21, 2021, at age of 44. Her death became a national headline as she died following complications after receiving the first dose of the Oxford–AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.
Previously, she also worked as a co-presenter at a breakfast show alongside Gary Philipson for Century Radio. She was even the recipient of a Sony Gold award for presenting the Best Breakfast Show in Britain. She was a married woman and a mother of her only son at the time of her death.
What was Lisa Shaw famous for?
- Famous as an award-winning radio presenter and journalist.
- Known for her work at BBC Radio Newcastle.
Where was Lisa Shaw From?
Lisa Shaw was born on June 19, 1976, in the County of Durham, England. Her birth name was Lisa Shaw. Her nationality was British. Shaw belonged to White ethnicity while Gemini was her zodiac sign.
Born and raised in County Durham, Lisa was quite good in academics since her childhood that she ought to become a radio presenter in the future. Following her graduation, she went on to start her radio career as a journalist initially.
How Did Lisa Shaw Die?
Lisa Shaw passed away at age of 44 on May 21, 2021, at Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary. Her death came following her illness complications after receiving her first dose of the Oxford–AstraZeneca vaccine a few days earlier. After vaccination, she was hospitalized and was treated in an intensive care for blood clots and cerebral bleeding.
Her death was announced by BBC Radio Newcastle two days later. Her death was later reported by BBC News as due to an extremely rare "vaccine-induced thrombotic thrombocytopenia", a condition that leads to a brain hemorrhage.
On June 10, 2021, her funeral was held at Durham Cathedral. She is survived by her husband and sons who now are planning to establish a charity named "Lisa Shaw's Little'uns" for bereaved orphanage children.
Lisa Shaw's Career Highlights
- Lisa Shaw started her radio career as a presenter at Newcastle's Metro Radio.
- She then moved to Century Radio(Real Radio/Heart North East), where she co-presented the show, "Gary and Lisa at Breakfast" alongside Gary Philipson twice first in 2004 and then between 2010-14.
- After years of working at Century Radio, she later went on to join BBC Radio Newcastle in 2016.
- She remained on the show for over 5 years, becoming one of the essential presenters at the radio station that she was regarded to be one of the popular radio personalities in the 2000s.
- She also presented a weekday show for the station during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.
- Apart from her career as a radio presenter, she also had worked as a compere and voiceover artist and even had written for The Newcastle Sun.
- Besides, she even had won a Sony Gold Award in 2012 for the Real Radio breakfast show she co-presented with Gary Philipson.
- She presented her last program for BBC Radio Newcastle on May 7, 2021.
Who was Lisa Shaw's Husband?
Lisa Shaw was a married woman and had been married to her only husband, Gareth Eve till her death. Gareth is the creative director at WriteSound Creative, which produces radio commercials, with whom Lisa was married for over a decade. The couple together had only a child and had been living a blissful family life together. However, Lisa's death now has left her sons to be alone with their father only.
Lisa Shaw's Net Worth
Lisa Shaw had quite good earnings from her professional career as a radio presenter and journalist. Having her career started initially as a journalist then as a presenter at Newcastle's Metro Radio, Lisa had managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular recorder presenters in her decade-long career run.
Her source of income was her work at the BBC Radio station which she had been performing prominently for 6 years till her death in 2021. Her net worth was estimated to be around $350k.
Lisa Shaw's Height and Weight
Lisa Shaw was a beautiful lady with a well-maintained body physique in her 40s at the time of her death. She had a height of 5ft. 7inch. while her body weight was around 58kg. She had a fair complexion with blonde hair and blue eyes.