Facts About Liz Carr
|51 Years Old
|Actress , Comedian , Activist
|Place Of Birth
|International disability rights activist
|Name Not Available
|Upton Hall School FCJ
|Birkenhead High School
|University of Nottingham
|Debut Television Show/Series
|Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the 2022 Laurence Olivier Awards
|1.6 m (5 ft 3 in)
|114 lbs (52 kg)
|Entered into a civil partnership
|Source of Wealth
|Acting and Comedy
|$5 million (Reported)
Liz Carr is an English actress, comedian, and broadcaster. She is also an international disability rights activist. Carr is best known for her role as Clarissa Mullery in the crime drama series, Silent Witness. She was cast in the series for eight years from 2013 until she left in 2020.
Herself a disabled personality, Carr has been in disabled rights activism for a long time. She has been involved with numerous international organizations for the cause.
What is Liz Carr Famous For?
- An international disability rights activist.
Where is Liz Carr From?
Liz Carr was born on 21 April 1972. Her birth place is in Bebington, Chesire in England. She holds an English nationality. Her home town is Bebington, Merseyside. Her mother is Patricia Carr. Information about her father and siblings is not available at present. She belongs to white ethnicity and her religion is Christianity.
Regarding her educational background, she attended Upton Hall School FCJ and Birkenhead High School. After graduating from high school, she attended the University of Nottingham.
Carr has arthrogryposis multiplex congenital and has been using a wheelchair since the age of seven. While a Nottingham student, she became involved in politics, disabled rights, and activism. After graduation, she began working as a disability equality trainer.
Liz Carr Career
- Liz Carr started her career in comedy.
- She started as a comedian with the sketch group, Nasty Girls.
- She was part of a number of comedy groups, most notably a member of Abnormally Funny People.
- She was runner-up in the Hackney Empire New Act of the Year competition in 2007.
- She co-hosted BBC's Royal Television Society award-winning Ouch! Podcast with Mat Fraser from 2006 to 2013.
- She worked as a researcher for the BBC comedy panel show, Have I Got News for You in 2011.
- She played her professional acting role, Mother Courage in her thirties.
- After playing in the Bertolt Brecht play, The Exception and the Rule, she joined the long-running BBC crime thriller series, Silent Witness.
- She was cast as a regular character Clarissa Mullery in the series.
- She left Silent Witness after eight years in 2020.
- She is the creator, writer, and actor in Assisted Suicide: The Musical.
- She appeared as Dr. Marlow Rhodes in The OA in 2019.
- She appeared as a university lecturer in the miniseries, Devs.
- She joined the cast of the second season of The Witcher in March 2021. She plays the role of Fenn.
- She joined the cast of Good Omens for the second season where she plays the angel Saraqael.
- She played Dr. Emma Brookner in the West End revival of The Normal Heart at the Royal National Theatre in 2021.
- She won the Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the 2022 Laurence Olivier Awards.
- She self-authored a two-part BBC World Service documentary When Assisted Death is Legal.
Who is Liz Carr Partner?
Liz Carr is a married woman. She is married to Jo Church. She entered into a civil partnership with Church in 2010 in what Carr called "A Wheelie Special Wedding". They danced to the Dirty Dancing theme.
An active disabled rights activist, she has been a campaigner for disability rights in the UK. She worked with ADAPT, a prominent disability rights group in the United States in May 2008. She joined with ADAPT to raise money for the organization and to protest against presidential candidate John McCain's refusal to support the right of people with disabilities to live in their own homes. She opposed Lord Falconer's Assisted Dying Bill, stating: "I fear we’ve so devalued certain groups of people – ill people, disabled people, older people – that I don’t think it’s in their best interests to enshrine in law the right of doctors to kill certain people." She supports Disabled People Against Cuts (DPAC).
How Tall is Liz Carr?
Liz Carr stands at the height of 1.6 m i.e. 5 feet and 3 inches tall. She has a body weight of around 114 lbs i.e. 52 kg. She has an average body build. Her eye color is brown and her hair color is black. Her sexual orientation is lesbian.
What is Liz Carr Net Worth?
Liz Carr is one of the most popular disabled actresses and comedians. Having started as a comedian, she is one of the popular comedians. She has starred in numerous movies and tv shows as well. Summing up, her income comes from her career in the entertainment industry. Several news portals report her net worth at around $5 million.
Trivias About Liz Carr You Need To Know.
- She frequently refers to her condition in her stand-up as "meus thronus kaputus".
- She is the first disabled person to play the role of Dr. Emma Brookner on stage.
- Her father was prohibited from using words like "brave" in his speech during their civil partnership.
- Carr and her personal assistant were the victims of an attack by a man on 10 August 2017.
- She was part of a Newsnight debate on assisted suicide in 2011.