Lizzo - Bio, Net Worth, Real Name, Rapper, VMAs, VMA Performance, Truth Hurts, Music, Songs, Albums, Tour, Movies, Boyfriend, Famous, Flute, Age, Size
Lizzo is an American rapper, singer, and dancer who is famous for her strong and encouraging lyrics for almost every situation. Undeniably gifted as a music star, she also has a great personality of self-assurance and positivity. Having started her career in 2008, she has formed various indie hip hop groups including The Chalice, Grrrl Party, and The Club.
As a solo act, she has released various albums, Eps, and singles including Tempo which she released with Missy Elliot. Although she has been around for close to a decade, it is her 2019 Single, Juice that became her first commercially successful piece.
10 Things you need to know about American Singer and Rapper, Lizzo
Where did Lizzo grow up?
Recalling her early life, She was born in Detroit, Michigan, USA. Her birth name is Melissa Viviane Jefferson. Her family relocated to Houston, Texas when she was 10 years old. After that, she moved to Minneapolis, Minnesota in 2011. She has got two older siblings. Lizzo lost her father in 2010.
She often battled with body acceptance while growing up. Until she reached the age of 21, her insecurities continued to haunt her and when she realized that she can’t change who she is and she should be okay with it. Lizzo holds American citizenship but her ethnicity is African-American. Talking about her education history, Lizzo has not revealed anything about her education history.
When did Lizzo pursue her music career?
- Lizzo began rapping as a teenager in the Southwest Alief part of Houston, Texas. She formed a group named Cornrow Clique with her friends at the age of 14.
- She performed with Indie groups in Minnesota, including the electro soul-pop duo, Lizzy & the Larva Ink. Then, she formed three-piece all-female rap/R&B group, The Chalice, and the group released their first album ‘We Are the Chalice’, which became locally successful.
- She released her debut album ‘Lizzobangers’ produced by Ryan Olson and Lazerbreak. The song was released on October 15, 2013, to regional and national success. Moreover, she toured the US and UK in the fall of 2013 opening for Har Mar Superstar, and additionally sang with his band.
- Likewise, she shared the stage with St. Paul and The Broken Bones on June 1, 2014, and performed ‘A Change Is Gonna Come’ together. Then, she came up with ‘Big Grrrl Small World’ on December 11, 2015. On October 7, 2016, her first major-label EP, ‘Coconut Oil’ was released.
- In June 2018, she was profiled Teen Vogue Music Issue. She released her single, ‘Juice’ on January 4, 2019. She performed at the Coachella Music Festival for the first time in April of 2019.
Is Lizzo married or not?
Reflecting her personal life, Lizzo might be currently single. She likes to keep her lips tight and has not shared any information about her relationship status. Also, she has not been linked with any other person. She is currently busy in her career and hope, she will find the perfect one soon.
How much does Lizzo earn?
The net worth of this rapper, Lizzo is estimated to be $3 million as of 2019. Her exact salary will be updated soon. Her major source of earning is from her music career.
How tall is Lizzo?
Observing her body physics, She has a height of 5 feet 10 inches and weighs 84 kg. Lizzo has black eyes and dark brown hair. But, information regarding Lizzo’s body measurement, shoe size, dress size, are not available. She loves the color of her skin which is dark brown and says that it’s the largest accessory in her body.