Loreen (Singer) - Bio, Net Worth, Family, Facts, Boyfriend, Career
Lorine Zineb Nora Talhaoui, excellently known as Loreen, is a Swedish singer and songwriter who gained fame for her victories in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2012 and 2023 with her popular songs "Euphoria" and "Tattoo." She has collaborated with groups like Rob'n'Raz and has been recognized for her activism by meeting with human rights activists in Azerbaijan during her participation in the Eurovision Song Contest held in that country. Loreen initially pursued a music career by participating in the "Idol 2004" TV competition, finishing in fourth place. She released her first single, "The Snake," the following year and also worked as a TV presenter on TV400. Recently, she competed in Melodifestivalen for the fourth time with her song "Tattoo" and emerged as the winner, earning the opportunity to represent Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest 2023 in Liverpool. In addition, Loreen achieved notable success in Sweden with her singles "Crying Out Your Name" (2012) and "Statements," which she performed in Melodifestivalen 2017, both of which reached the top 20 on the charts. She has a strong following on Instagram with 548K followers and on YouTube with 171K subscribers.
Where is Loreen from?
Loreen, birth named Lorine Zineb Nora Talhaoui, was born on October 16, 1983, in Stockholm, Sweden, to Moroccan immigrant parents. Growing up in Vasteras, she considers it her hometown. Loreen holds Swedish nationality and identifies ethnically as mixed. She practices the Muslim religion and belongs to the white race. In 2022, she celebrated her 39th birthday, being born under the zodiac sign Libra. Her mother is named Choumicha Talhaoui-Hansson, but she has chosen not to disclose any information about her father. Loreen has two siblings named Markiz Talhaoui and Maria From.
Loreen Musical Career
- Loreen gained recognition in Sweden after participating in the Swedish "Idol 2004" competition under the name Loren Talhaoui.
- Then in 2005, she released a promotional single called "The Snake" with the group Rob'n'Raz and presented the TV show Lyssna on Swedish station TV400.
- Loreen took a break from the spotlight and worked as a segment producer and director for reality TV shows such as "Varsta pojkvansakademin," "Matakuten," and "Frufritt."
- She returned to the public eye in 2011 by competing in Melodifestivalen with the song "My Heart Is Refusing Me," which became a hit in Sweden, reaching number 9 on the singles chart.
- In 2012, Loreen advanced to the final round of Melodifestivalen with her entry "Euphoria" and went on to win the national final, representing Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012.
- Loreen's debut album, "Heal," was released in 2012 and debuted at the top of the Sverigetopplistan Albums Top 60 chart.
- She appeared as a musical guest on various European TV shows to promote the album, including "Must Be the Music," "X Factor," and "The Voice of Holland."
- Loreen announced her first concert residency, "En Euforisk Jul," in May 2014 and released the single "Paper Light (Higher)" in 2015.
- In 2017, she competed in Melodifestivalen with the song "Statements" and released the single "Body" from her EP "Nude."
- Loreen made a cameo in the film "Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga" in 2020 and appeared in the Netflix film "JJ+E" in 2021.
- She released her self-written Swedish single "Sotvattentarar" in March 2021 and embarked on a Swedish tour.
- Loreen served as a guest celebrity judge on the reality TV series "Drag Race Sverige" in April 2023.
- She participated in and won the fourth heat of the Melodifestivalen 2023 competition, advancing to the final where she won and became the Swedish representative for the Eurovision Song Contest 2023 with her song "Tattoo."
- She went on to win the Eurovision Song Contest, earning Sweden its seventh victory and becoming the first woman and second performer to win the competition twice.
- In addition to her singing career, Loreen has been involved in various notable activities. On October 30, 2014, she received the Crystal Globe from the World's Children's Prize for the second time.
- During the award ceremony at Gripsholm Castle in Mariefred, Sweden, Loreen had the opportunity to meet Nobel Peace Prize laureate Malala Yousafzai and Queen Silvia of Sweden.
- She is also a staunch supporter of the WCP, which provides extensive educational programs for children on the subject of children's rights. Furthermore, in March 2022, Loreen took part in "Sverige samlas och hjalper," a live fundraising gala dedicated to supporting Ukraine following the Russian invasion.
Awards and Achievements
- Gaygalan Awards for her work in "My Heart Is Refusing Me"
- Radio Regenbogen Award for her work in "Euphoria"
- MTV Europe Music Awards
- Scandipop Awards
Who is Loreen's Boyfriend?
Loreen, an unmarried woman, is currently in a two-year relationship with her boyfriend Charli Ljung. Their connection was sparked by their shared passion for photography, with Ljung being recognized as one of the best photographers. Their strong bond suggests a promising future together, making it unlikely for them to separate. Prior to her current relationship, Loreen was involved with Daniel Lindstrom, the winner of "Idol 2004", from 2004 to 2006. During that time, they lived together in an apartment in Sodermalm, and Lindstrom even dedicated his first music album after winning Idol to Loreen. Moreover, in early 2017, Loreen publicly revealed her sexual orientation as bisexual.
How much is Loreen's Net Worth?
Loreen stands out as one of those remarkable individuals who possess a diverse range of experiences and remains committed to whatever path she undertakes. As of 2023, her net worth is estimated to be $5 million, while her salary remains undisclosed. With such a substantial net worth, she enjoys a life of opulence and luxury. Having achieved significant milestones in her career already, Loreen still has many more accomplishments ahead of her. She has also been involved in lucrative endorsement deals with various brands, which have contributed to her financial success. However, her major source of income stems from her flourishing singing career.
Loreen Measurements: Height, Weight, & Size
Loreen's captivating presence and captivating personality have undoubtedly captivated audiences throughout her career. Standing at 5 feet 7 inches (170 cm) tall, she possesses an elegant figure with a weight of 128 pounds (58 kg). Her black hair complements her dark brown eyes, adding to her allure. With measurements of 30 inches (78 cm) for her breast/bust size, 24 inches (61 cm) for her waist size, and 33 inches (84 cm) for her hips size, Loreen boasts a graceful physique. Her bra size is 36A (US) or 80A (EU), completing her overall appearance. Loreen has a slender body build, showcasing her slim physique.
Trivias About Loreen You Need To Know.
- She was born Lorine Zineb Nora Talhaoui in Stockholm, and grew up in Vasteras, Sweden.
- She made a political statement by meeting with human rights activists in Azerbaijan.
- Her parents emigrated from Morocco to Sweden prior to her birth.
- In March 2021, Loreen revealed that she had a boyfriend
- In early 2017, Loreen came out as bisexual.