Lorenzo Cain - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Wife, Contract, Height, Salary
Lorenzo Cain is an American professional baseball whose playing position is a center fielder. At present, he is playing for the Milwaukee Brewers of Major League Baseball (MLB). Previously, he played for the Kansas City Royals (2011–2017). The Brewers drafted him in the 17th round of the 2004 MLB draft from Tallahassee Community College in Florida. In 2010, Cain made his MLB debut. He is known for his defensive prowess and was named MVP of the 2014 ALCS after helping the Kansas City Royals capture the AL Pennant. He then won a World Series Championship with the team in 2015. Likewise, he also won the 2014 American League Championship Series Most Valuable Player Award due in part to his defensive play. His shirt number is #6.
What is Lorenzo Cain Famous For?
- Being an American professional baseballer.
- Playing for the Milwaukee Brewers of Major League Baseball (MLB).
What is Lorenzo Cain Nationality?
Lorenzo Cain was born on April 13, 1986, with the born name of Lorenzo Lamar Cain. He is from Valdosta, Georgia, the USA. He is American by nationality and his ethnicity is African-American. His present age is 36 as of 2022. Aries is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Christianity. After losing his father at the age of 4, he was raised by his mother Patricia at his brother’s side. Unlike most of his peers, he did not play baseball as a child. He started playing in his second year at Madison County High School, which he attended.
Lorenzo Cain Career Timeline
- Initially, he was selected by the Milwaukee Brewers in the 17th round of the 2004 MLB draft out of Tallahassee Community College. He started his MLB career in 2005 where he played for their Rookie League Helena Brewers and AZL Brewers.
- After a year, he was promoted to the Class A West Virginia Power.
- In 2007, he was promoted to their Class A-Advanced Brevard County Manatees.
- He made his major league debut against the Atlanta Braves on 16th July 2010 for the Milwaukee Brewers
- He was traded to the Kansas City Royals on 18th December 2010.
- On February 18, 2012, the Royals announced they had signed Cain to a one-year contract for the 2012 season.
- He finished the regular season hitting .301/.339/.412 with five home runs (one inside the park), four triples, 29 doubles, 28 stolen bases, 46 RBIs, and 55 runs in 133 games in 2014.
- With the team, Kansas City Royals, he also won the ALCS Most Valuable Player Award (MVP) award for his effort.
- Against the San Francisco Giants, he made a catch at the wall in Game 1. Later, Giants won Game 7 as well as the World Series.
- He was one of five players ejected for being involved in a bench-clearing brawl during the game against the Chicago White Sox on 23rd April 2015.
- He finished the regular season with career highs in batting average (.307), home runs (16), runs scored (101), and RBIs (72) in 2015.
- On 26th January 2018, he signed a five-year, $80 million contract to return to the Brewers.
- He batted .260/.325/.372 with 11 home runs and 48 RBIs, with the highest opposite field percentage of all National League batters (32.4%) in 2019.
- He played in five games in the abbreviated 2020 MLB season. Later, he didn't play the remaining season due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- He then returned to play in the 2021 season but played in only 78 games due to a hamstring injury that sidelined him for all of June and nearly all of July. He batted .257/.329/.401 with eight home runs, 36 RBIs, and 13 stolen bases.
- After batting .179 in 43 games for Milwaukee in 2022, the Brewers designated Cain for assignment on June 18.
Awards and Achievements
- 2015 World Series Champion
- 2018 All-Star
- 2015 All-Star
- 2019 Gold Glove Award Winner
- 2014 2014 American League Championship Series Most Valuable Player Award
- 2006 South Atlantic League (SAL) Post-Season All-Star
- 2006 SAL Mid-Season All-Star
- 2005 Topps Short-Season/Rookie All-Star
- 2005 Topps AZL Player of the Year
- 2005 Baseball America Rookie All-Star
- 2005 Arizona League (AZL) Most Valuable Player
- 2005 AZL Post-Season All-Star
Who is Lorenzo Cain Wife?
Lorenzo Cain is a married man to his beautiful wife, Jenny Cain. The couple married in 2013 and have been together ever since. They have three children; their first son, Cameron was born in 2014, their second son, Jayden, was born two years later in 2016, and in 2017, their third son, Landyn was born. They are enjoying their life a lot without a sign of divorce. His sexuality is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Lorenzo Cain Net Worth?
Lorenzo Cain has made a huge sum of money from his MLB career. As of 2022, the net worth of Lorenzo is estimated to have $19 million. He even signed a five-year, $80 million contract to return to the Brewers on January 26, 2018. Likewise, he also has amassed huge wealth during his time with the Kansas City Royals. For the year 2016 alone, he earned a whopping $6.5 million. This excludes his other financial ventures. Today, he is making more than that annually. Moreover, he is also making a cool amount of money from brand endorsement. His main source of wealth comes from the baseball industry and he is living a cool lifestyle.
How tall is Lorenzo Cain?
Lorenzo Cain has an athletic body type with a standing height of 1.88 m (6 feet 2 inches). His weight consists of 93 kg. His other body measurement is still to get disclosed yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards him. He is also a fitness freak.
Trivias About Lorenzo Cain You Need To Know.
- He began playing baseball during his sophomore season at Madison County High School in Florida.
- He was raised by his mother Patricia following his father's death when he was four years old.
- His horoscope sign is Aries.
- The Brewers drafted him in the 17th round of the 2004 MLB draft from Tallahassee Community College in Florida.
- In 2010, he made his MLB debut.