Facts About Lorenzo Insigne
|32 Years Old
|Lorenzo Il Magnifico
|Place Of Birth
|Popular Italian footballer
|Roberto, Marco, Antonio
|Made his professional debut in 2009
|Current Club Country
|1.63 m (5 ft 4 in)
|Genoveffa "Jenny" Darone
|31 December 2012
|Source of Wealth
|Football (Contracts, Salaries, Endorsements)
|4.5 million Euro
|35 million Euro
Lorenzo Insigne is an Italian professional football player. Having started his professional football career from Napoli, he spent early of his professional career on loan spells with Cavese, Foggia, and Pescara. He was one of the influential players in the Pescara team that helped the club to earn a promotion to the Serie A in 2012. After he returned to Napoli, he has been a key player for the team. He has won two Coppa Italia titles and one Supercoppa Italiana with Napoli.
On the international level, he represented Italian youth teams before making his senior international debut in 2012. He has represented Italy at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, UEFA Euro 2016, and 2020.
What is Lorenzo Insigne Famous For?
- Popular Italian footballer playing for Napoli.
Where is Lorenzo Insigne From?
Lorenzo Insigne was born on 4 June 1991. His birth place is in Frattamaggiore, Naples in Italy. He holds Italian nationality. He belongs to European white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. His zodiac sign is Gemini. He was born to his father Carmine Insigne and his mother Patrizia Insigne. He has Sicilian ancestry.
He has three siblings, all brothers, Roberto, Marco, and Antonio. All of his brothers also play professional football.
Lorenzo Insigne Career
- Lorenzo Insigne started playing football joining the youth academy of Olimpia Sant'Arpino.
- He was later signed by Napoli for 1,500 Euro in 2006.
- He was initially signed to play for the club's youth team.
- He was promoted to the club's first team in 2009.
- He made his Serie A debut against Livorno in January 2010.
- The club loaned him to Cavese for the rest of the season.
- After his loan spell at Cavese, Napoli loaned him to Foggia for the 2010-11 season.
- He scored his first professional goal in the Coppa Italia Lega Pro match against L'Aquila on 14 August 2010.
- Napoli loaned Insigne to Pescara in June 2011.
- He finished the 2011-12 season with 18 goals and 14 assists. He was the second top-scorer of the season behind teammate Ciro Immobile.
- Insigne and Immobile's performance helped the club to earn a promotion to Serie A.
- Insigne, Immobile, and Marco Verratti were named the "Best Player" of the Serie B season.
- Insigne returned to Napoli after the 2011-12 season with Pescara.
- Insigne scored his first Serie A goal against parma in September 2012.
- He made his UEFA club competitions debut in the UEFA Europa League fixture against AlK Fotboll.
- He made his UEFA Champions League debut against Borussia Dortmund in September 2013. He scored his debut Champions League goal in the same match.
- He won his first Napoli trophy, Coppa Italia 2013-14. In the final, he scored two goals against Fiorentina to win the title.
- He became the tournament's top goalscorer as well.
- He was also part of Napoli that won Supercoppa Italiana 2014.
- Insigne suffered the anterior cruciate ligament on his right knee in November 2014 that kept him out of the football for five months.
- He returned to football in April 2015.
- Napoli assigned him the official captain of Napoli in February 2019.
- Insigne became Napoli's outright all-time leading goalscorer with 122 goals when he scored an equalizing goal against Inter Milan in the second leg of the 2019-20 Coppa Italia semi-final in June 2020.
- They also reached the Coppa Italia final where they defeated Juventus in the penalty shootout.
- From his professional debut until the end of the 2020-21 season, Insigne has scored 109 goals in 397 appearances in all competitions for Napoli.
Lorenzo Insigne International Career
- Insigne represented Italy national team at various age levels.
- He represented Italy's U20 and U21 football teams.
- He was part of the Italy U21 team that finished runner-up in the UEFA European U21 Championship in 2013.
- He made his senior international debut in the World Cup qualifier against Malta in September 2012.
- He scored his debut senior international goal against Argentina in August 2013.
- He made his World Cup debut against Costa Rica in the 2014 FIFA World Cup. Italy lost to Germany in the penalty shoot-out in the quarterfinals.
- He also represented Italy in the UEFA Euro 2016 and UEFA Euro 2020.
Who is Lorenzo Insigne Wife?
Italian footballer Lorenzo Insigne is a married man. He is married to Genoveffa "Jenny" Darone. The couple got married on 31 December 2012. The couple is blessed with two children, Carmine (2013) and Christian (2015).
How Tall is Lorenzo Insigne?
Napoli star Lorenzo Insigne stands at a height of 1.63 m i.e. 5 feet and 4 inches tall. He has a body weight of 141 lbs i.e. 64 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is hazel and his hair color is dark brown. He often dyes his hair with blonde highlights. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Lorenzo Insigne Salary and Net Worth?
Lorenzo Insigne is one of the popular footballers in European football. The Napoli star started his football career from Napoli and is in pursuit of becoming the club's legend. His income comes from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. According to the five-year contract he signed in 2017, his annual salary was reported around the region of 4.5 million Euro. He also has a personal endorsement deal with Adidas. Summing up, the Italian star has made a good fortune out of his football career. At present, his net worth is estimated at 35 million Euro.
Trivias About Lorenzo Insigne You Need To Know.
- He was 15 years old when Napoli signed him for 1,500 Euros.
- His first trophy as Napoli captain is the 2019-20 Coppa Italia.
- His former teammate and North Macedonia captain Goran Pandev refers to him as the "Italian Messi".
- After scoring a goal, Insigne often celebrates by making a "heart" gesture with his hands.