Loris Karius - Bio, Net Worth, Girlfriend, Age, Height, Salary, Career
Loris Karius is a German professional footballer who plays for the Premier League club Newcastle United. His playing position is a goalkeeper. He began his career with Stuttgart before moving to Manchester City in 2009. After two years in Manchester City's youth system, he returned to Germany with Mainz 05. He established himself as the first-choice goalkeeper for the Bundesliga side before transferring to Liverpool in 2016 for a fee of £4.75 million. On 25 August 2018, Karius joined the Turkish club Beşiktaş on a two-year loan move. On 28 September 2020, Karius was loaned to German side Union Berlin for the 2020–21 season. In July 2021, Karius returned to Liverpool. He represented Germany at the youth level.
Loris Karius Famous For
- Being a German footballer.
- Playing as a goalkeeper for Newcastle United.
Where is Loris Karius From?
Loris Karius was born with the birth name of Loris Sven Karius on 22nd June 1993. He is from Biberach an der Riss, Germany. He holds German nationality and his ethnicity is German-White. He is the son of his mother, Christine, and his father, Harald Karius. Harald intended for his son to become a motocross rider, but Loris' grandfather, Karl, encouraged him to focus on football. His present age is 29 as of 2022. About his education, he attended Pestalozzi-Gymnasium Biberach until his move to England in 2009 where he was then privately tutored.
Loris Karius Football Career
- Initially, Loris played for local team SG Mettenberg and SSV Ulm 1846 before joining VfB Stuttgart.
- He completed his signing with the club on 1 July 2009.
- He played for the under-18 and the under-21 Manchester City teams but did not make a senior appearance during his time in Manchester.
- Manchester City loaned Karius to Mainz 05 in August 2011.
- There, he played for Mainz 05's reserve team, Mainz 05 II, in the Regionalliga.
- On 11 January 2012, the move was made permanent with Karius committing himself to a two-year deal with an option for a third year that would extend his contract to June 2015.
- He made his Mainz 05 debut on 1 December 2012 in a Bundesliga match against Hannover 96.
- He made no further appearances in the 2012–13 season.
- He established himself as the first-choice goalkeeper in the 2013–14 season.
- On 12 January 2015 signed a three-year contract extension.
- He was ever-present in the 2015–16 season keeping nine clean sheets, saving two penalties, and being voted the second-best goalkeeper in the league in a poll of 235 fellow Bundesliga players.
- On 24 May 2016, Karius signed with Liverpool for a fee of £4.75 million on a five-year deal.
- He made his debut in a 3–0 EFL Cup win over Derby County on 20 September 2016.
- He played his first Premier League match against Hull City on 24th September.
- He next played against Manchester City in the 2018 Champions League quarter-final 2nd leg and against AS Roma in the Champions League semi-final home leg.
- He started for Liverpool against Real Madrid in the 2018 UEFA Champions League Final which Liverpool lost 3–1. After the match, he wept and tearfully apologized to Liverpool fans who remained in the stands.
- In July 2018, Liverpool broke the world transfer fee record for a goalkeeper when they signed Alisson for an initial fee of €62.5 million (£56m), potentially rising to €72 million (£66.8 million) with performance-based bonuses. The signing effectively relegated Karius to a backup role.
Loan to Beşiktaş
- He joined the Turkish club Beşiktaş on a two-year loan move on 25th August 2018.
- In March 2019, he sought legal action against Beşiktaş for back payment of four months' wages which he alleged the club had failed to pay him.
- On 4 May 2020, Karius terminated his contract with the team.
Loan to Union Berlin
- On 28 September 2020, Karius was loaned to German side Union Berlin for the 2020–21 season.
- He made his debut in a 3–2 defeat against SC Paderborn in the German DFB Pokal on 22nd December 2020.
- He made his first start in the Bundesliga for Union Berlin in a goalless draw against Schalke on 13th February 2021.
Return to Liverpool
- In July 2021, Karius returned to Liverpool.
- Manager Jürgen Klopp stated in January 2022 that Karius would not be included in the squad; he made no further official appearances for the club until the end of his contract.
Newcastle United F.C.
- On September 8th, 2022, several British newspapers reported that Karius would sign a deal with Newcastle United F.C. after club goalkeeper Karl Darlow suffered an injury in training.
- He is currently playing with the team, Newcastle United F.C.
Loris Karius International Career
- Loris Karius represented Germany at all youth levels from under-16 onward, but his appearances were limited due to competition from other goalkeepers.
Awards and Achievements
- UEFA Champions League runner-up: 2017–18
- Liverpool on 29/06/2021 at the end of the loan
- 1. FC Union Berlin on 27/09/2020 on loan
- Liverpool on 04/04/2020 at the end of the loan (free)
- Beşiktaş JK on 24/08/2018 for 2.5M € (free)
- Liverpool on 30/06/2016 for 6.2M €
- 1. FSV Mainz 05 on 31/12/2011 for Free
- 1. FSV Mainz 05 on 27/08/2011 on loan
- SSV Ulm 1846 Yo on 30/06/2001 From Mettenberg Yth. for free
What is Loris Karius Net Worth?
Loris Karius is a successful footballer whose net worht is estimated to have $8 Million as of 2022. Back then, he signed a 5-year / £6,500,000 contract with the Liverpool F.C., including an annual average salary of £1,300,000. His main source of wealth comes from his football career and he is living a lavish lifestyle as of now. He is also making decent amount of money from sponsorship deals, bonuses, and more. His present market value is €1.5 Million as of June 15, 2022.
Who is Loris Karius Girlfriend?
Loris Karius is not married yet but it seems he is currently in a relationship with beauty influencer, Janine Wiggert. After recently celebrating her 30th birthday, it was widely reported in the German media that Wiggert and Karius had visited each other in Germany and England, although the pair are yet to officially confirm their relationship on social media. His sexual orientaiton is straight and he is not gay.
Previously, he dated Sophia Thamalla, Ianthe Rose, Annelie Alpert, Pamela Reif, and Mia Khalifa.
How tall is Loris Karius?
Loris Karius is a handsome footballer with a height of 1.89 m or 6 feet 2 inches. His body weight consists of 90 KG. His body type is athletic. He has a pair of blue eyes and his hair color is blonde. Overall, he has got a healthy body and he maintains his body a lot by doing frequent exercise. In addition, he has also inked tattoos on his body.
Trivias About Loris Karius You Need To Know.
- His playing position is goalkeeper.
- He began his career with Stuttgart before moving to Manchester City in 2009.
- He represented Germany at youth level.
- He is from Biberach an der Riss, Germany.