Facts About Louise Minchin
|Celebrated Name||Louise Minchin|
|Age||54 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Louise Mary Grayson|
|Place Of Birth||Hong Kong|
|Famous For||Hosted BBC One Breakfast for 20 years|
|Education||Degree in Journalism|
|College / University||University of St. Andrews, London College of Communications|
|School||St. Mary's School|
|Daughter||Scarlett and Mia|
|Height||1.63 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||Around 55 kg|
|Source of Wealth||Journalism career|
|Net Worth||Around £2.1 million|
Louise Mary Minchin, popularly known as Louise Minchin is a British journalist and news presenter. Minchin currently works as a freelance within the BBC. She was a regular anchor on the BBC One program Breakfast from 2006 until 2021. She stepped down as the main presenter of Breakfast after working there for 20 years. She also hosted several other BBC shows as well. She has also hosted several other shows outside of BBC.
What is Louise Minchin Famous For?
- Hosted BBC One Breakfast from 2006 to 2021.
Where is Louise Minchin From?
Louise Minchin was born on 8 September 1968. Her birth name is Louise Mary Grayson. Her birth place is in Hong Kong. She holds British nationality. Her father was British Army Officer who served as a Major in the Irish Guards regiment. More details about her parents, siblings, and early life will be updated here. She belongs to white ethnicity and her religion is Christianity. Her zodiac sign is Virgo.
Regarding her educational background, she attended St. Mary's School, Ascot. After high school, she attended the University of St Andrews. She obtained a degree in Spanish. She later studied journalism at the London College of Communication.
Louise Minchin Career
- Louise Minchin worked for Radio 5 Live in 1998. She presented several programs there including Drive and Breakfast.
- She was a regular BBC News Channel presenter from 2003 to 2012.
- She was also one of the main relief presenters for the BBC News at One until 2012.
- She was a relief presenter on BBC Breakfast in 2006 and 2007.
- She was the regular weekend presenter of the show from 2009 to 2012.
- She became the main presenter of BBC Breakfast in December 2011.
- She announced in June 2021 that she would be stepping down as the role of the main presenter of BBC Breakfast after working for 20 years.
- She made her final appearance for the show in September 2021.
- She presented Missing Live along with Rav Wilding in 2008, 2009, and 2010.
- She presented the Sunday Morning show, Sunday Life on BBC One in 2008.
- She presented Real Rescues with Nick Knowles in 2009.
- She co-presented the BBC sports magazine In the Know during the 2004 Athens Olympics.
- She co-presented The One Show in 2010.
- She presented the BBC One documentary series, Crime and Punishment with Gethin Jones in 2012.
- She co-presented Radio 5 Live's Drive in 2012.
- She was the occasional presenter of BBC Radio 4's daily consumer program, You and Yours.
- She played herself reading the news in three BBC drama series, Spooks, crime drama Silent Witness, and the Torchwood mini-series, Children of Earth.
Who is Louise Minchin Wife?
Louise Minchin is a married woman. She is married to David Minchin. The couple got married on 6 June 1998. The couple shares two daughters together, Scarlett and Mia.
The family lives near Chester.
How Tall is Louise Minchin?
Louise Minchin stands around the height of 1.63 m i.e. 5 feet and 4 inches tall. She has a body weight of around 55 kg. She has a slim body build. Her eye color is blue and her hair color is blonde. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Louise Minchin Salary and Net Worth?
Louise Minchin is one of the popular British journalists. She is one of the popular news presenters who has been working for BBC for over 20 years. She was the main presenter of the BBC One show, Breakfast until 2021. She is reported as one of the highest-paid presenters on BBC. She was reportedly paid an annual salary of around £190,000 at BBC. She has also hosted several other shows. Her net worth is estimated at around £2.1 million.
Trivias About Louise Minchin You Need To Know.
- She worked for the Latin American section of the BBC World Service and for various local radio stations in Argentina.
- She finished second in the BBC One Celebrity MasterChef in 2016.
- She was awarded an Honorary Doctor of Letters degree by the University of Chester in 2014.
- She is an amateur triathlete and competed in several championships.
- She is a supporter of SOS Children's Villages.
- She has also taken part in "Around the World in 80 days" for Children in Need.
- She is a supporter of the charity Missing People, which provides support for missing children, vulnerable adults, and families left in limbo.