Lucas Paqueta - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Nationality, Salary, Contract, Transfer, Awards, Wife, Family, Height, Facts, Parents, Wiki, Career, Position
Lucas Tolentino Coelho de Lima, a Brazilian professional footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder for Ligue 1 club Lyon and the Brazil national team is professionally known as Lucas Paqueta. His jersey number is 10. He began his career playing for Flamengo's youth academy at the age of 10 whereas, in 2016, he became a member of Brazil's Under 20 squad. During the 2017 season, he scored a total of 6 goals for Flamengo. Moreover, he came on as a substitute at half-time and scored in the 47th minute to give Brazil a 1-0 win in the 2021 Copa America quarter-final clash against Chile on 2nd July 2021.
Lucas Paqueta becomes a key player for Brazil at Copa America
Lucas Paqueta arrived at Copa America as a substitute but he's becoming a key player as the tournament advances toward Saturday's final. When Lucas left the pitch in pain at the end of Brazil's 1-0 win over Peru at a Copa America semifinal on Monday, there was concern among teammates whether he would play in Saturday's final.
"Paqueta is a great player, he is growing in every match for the national team. He had a great season at Lyon and he is showing he can be a very important player for us," Neymar said. "I am happy for the match he played, he was great. It is always good to find great players at the Selecao."
- Being a Brazilian professional footballer.
- For playing as an attacking midfielder for Ligue 1 club Lyon and the Brazil national team.
Where is Lucas Paqueta from?
Lucas Paqueta was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil with the real name of Lucas Tolentino Coelho de Lima on 27th August 1997. He holds Brazilian nationality and he belongs to Latino ethnic background. Similarly, his religion is Christian and his race is black. Lucas has celebrated his 23rd birthday as of 2020 and he will be celebrating his 24th birthday in the August of 2021. As per his birthdate, his star sign is Virgo. Further information regarding his parents are unknown however, we know that he has a brother named Matheus Paqueta who is also a Brazilian professional footballer.
What does Lucas Paqueta do for a living?
- Lucas Paqueta began his football career at the age of 10 at Flamengo in 2007 where he won the 2016 Copa Sao Paulo de Juniores title and was promoted to the club's professional team right after the competition.
- He got promoted to Flamengo's professional team in March 2016 and signed a contract extension until 2020.
- He then debuted as a starter in a 3-1 win over Bangu in a 2016 Rio de Janeiro State League match on 5th March 2016 and scored his first professional goal on 19th February 2017 in a 4-0 victory against Madureira at the Estadio Raulino de Oliveira in Volta Redonda.
- He scored in both the 2017 Copa do Brasil final in a 1-1 draw against Cruzeiro at the Maracana Stadium and finished 2017 being considered by fans to be, alongside Juan, the highlight of Flamengo.
- He was chosen as the best left-winger of the tournament and was the only Flamengo player selected to the team of the tournament in the 2018 Campeonato Carioca.
- News agencies across Brazil and Italy reported on 10th October 2018 that a €35M deal had been agreed between A.C. Milan and Flamengo for the transfer of players as the transfer was made official on 4th January 2019, with Milan announcing the player had signed a five-year contract.
- Lucas made his club debut on 12th January 2019, playing 85 minutes before being replaced by Fabio Borini whereas he also played in the 2018 Supercoppa Italiana.
- He made his Serie A debut in a 2-0 win over Genoa at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris on 21st January 2019 and scored his first goal for Milan in a 3-0 win against Cagliari, scoring the second goal. He dedicated his goal for the victims of a fire at his old club Flamengo, all members of the under-15 team.
- French club Olympique Lyonnais announced the signing of Lucas on 30th September 2020, who signed for €20 million on a five-year contract.
- Lucas Paqueta was called up for the first time to represent Brazil U20 in two friendly matches in Europe on 1st April 2016 where he scored his first goal in his debut in a 2-1 win against England U20 on 4th September.
- He was then called up for the "Quadrangular de Selecoes" tournament in October 2016 as well as he was called to practice with the Brazil U23 team in preparation for the 2016 Summer Olympics when he was 18.
- He received his first official call-up to the under-23 team in March 2020.
- Lucas was selected to be one of the twelve alternatives for the Brazilian national team by coach Tite in 2018 for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia whereas he was the youngest out of the 35 players on the 23-man roster and provisional roster.
- Paqueta was called for the first time for the Brazilian national team by manager Tite to play in friendly matches against the United States on 17th August and El Salvador in September 2018.
- Later he made his debut with the national team on 7th September, coming off the bench to replace Philippe Coutinho in the 71st minute during a friendly match against the United States.
- Lucas scored his first goal in a 1-1 friendly draw against Panama, wearing Brazil's iconic No. 10 shirts on 23rd March 2019.
- He was also included in Brazil's 23-man squad for the 2019 Copa America in May 2019.
- He came on as a substitute at half-time and scored in the 47th minute to give Brazil a 1-0 win in the 2021 Copa America quarter-final clash against Chile on 2nd July 2021. He once again scored the only goal of the match in the semi-final against Peru after three days.
- Olympique Lyonnais on 30/09/2020 for 20M €
- Milan on 03/01/2019 for 35M €
- Flamengo on 02/03/2016 From Flamengo U20
Awards and Achievements
- Campeonato Carioca: 2017
- Copa America: 2019
- Campeonato Carioca Team of the Year: 2018
- Bola de Prata: 2018
- Campeonato Brasileiro Ssrie A Team of the Year: 2018
- UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Year: 2020-2021
Who is Lucas Paqueta Wife?
Lucas Paqueta is a married footballer as he tied a knot with his pretty wife Maria Eduarda Fournier in 2018. They both seem extremely happy in their domestic life. She's supportive of him and the profession that he is in. There's much love between the two and hope it will remain the same as in the future too. Concerning Lucas's sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Lucas Paqueta?
Lucas Paqueta is a talented footballer who has a net worth of around £9,387,040 as of 2021. He earns a salary of £44,000 per week, £2,288,000 per year playing for Olympique Lyonnais as a M/AM (C). In his short professional time also, he has established himself an identity already. Like many young adults of today's, he's also superbly ambitious and continues to work even harder to reach his set objectives. His major source of income is from his football career.
How tall is Lucas Paqueta?
Lucas Paqueta stands at an ideal height of 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in) with a balanced body weight of 72 kg. He has attractive dark brown hair and eyes color. His heart-warming smile, his entire demeanor, and his gradual escalating popularity in the sport make him the perfect catch. Lucas is athletic by body build.
Trivias About Lucas Paqueta You Need To Know.
- He is a younger brother of Matheus Paquetá who is also a Football Player.
- He is given "Paqueta" as a Nickname which refers to Paquetá Island and the eponymous neighborhood he grew up in.
- He holds Brazilian nationality and of Latino Ethnicity.
- His birth sign is Virgo.
- Lucas began his career playing for Flamengo's youth academy at the age of 10.