Last updated on August 6th, 2023 at 07:11 am
Facts About Luka Modric
|Celebrated Name||Luka Modric|
|Age||37 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Cruyff of the balkan|
|Birth Name||Zadar, Croatia|
|Place Of Birth||Zadar, SR Croatia, SFR Yugoslavia|
|Awards||2010-11 Tottenham Hotspur Player of the Year, 2013-14, 2015-16 La Liga's Best Midfielder, 2016 FIFA Club World Cup Silver Ball, Ballon d'Or 2018, etc.|
|Sisters||Diora Modric and Jasmina Modric|
|Children||Ivano Modric, Sofia Modric, and Ema Modric|
|Height||5 ft. 8 inches|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Hair Color||Medium Brown|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Net Worth||$75 Million|
|Current Club||Real Madrid|
|Links||Facebook Twitter Instagram|
Luka Modric is one of the most complete and best midfielders in the world, Luka Modric is a Croatian footballer who plays for the Spanish club, Real Madrid as well as captains his national team. Modric plays mainly as a central midfielder but can also play as an attacking midfielder or as a defensive midfielder, usually deployed as a deep-lying playmaker. He joined Real Madrid in 2012 after spending four seasons with Tottenham Hotspur and became a member of the Croatian national team in 2006. He led his country to their first-ever World Cup final in history, as Croatia reached the 2018 FIFA World Cup final. They eventually lost 4-2 to France. He is the recipient of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Golden Ball, followed by the 2018 UEFA Men's Player of the Year and 2018 The Best FIFA Men's Player. He is also the recipient of Croatian Footballer of the Year six times, tied with Davor Suker. The 33-year-old midfielder has several other awards in his collection. He is considered as the Midfield Maestro and is nicknamed Lukita by his teammates.
Luka Modric Ballon d'or 2018
Luka Modric had the best year of his career in 2018 when he led his country to the first-ever World Cup final and helped his club to win the third Champions League in a row. His contributions to his country earned him Golden Ball in the World Cup, whereas his performances for the club and country won him FIFA Men's Best Player of the Year and UEFA Men's Player of the Year in 2018.
However, the 33-year-old midfielder is out of his form during the early season of 2018-19. His club Real Madrid has already suffered 4 losses and 2 draws in 11 games in the La Liga, whereas Luka Modric has only 1 assist and no goal so far in this season. Following his great achievements in the earlier season, Lukita is trying hard to get back to his best.
Luka Modric Wins Ballon d'Or 2018, Ending the Decade of Ronaldo and Messi
Ballon d'Or 2018 Luka Modric Breaks decades of Ronaldo and Messi
What is Luka Modric Famous For?
- His ability to pass the ball accurately, even with the outside of his boot
- His passing range, both long and short-range.
- His dribbling skills
- His ball control and ability to retain possession
- His tactical strategy and execution
- His long-range goals
- Ballon d'Or 2018
When was Luka Modric born?
Modric was born on 9 September 1985 in Zadar a village close to the city of Zadar in SR Croatia (then SFR Yugoslavia). His father's name is Stipe Modric and his mother's name is Radojka Modric. Modric faced the Croatian War of Independence in his childhood. Due to this, he had to live a refugee life. Modric started to play football to escape the reality of the War of Independence. Modric idolized Francesco Totti and Zvonimir Boban as his inspiration to play football.
Luka Modric Football Career
- Luka Modric started football training in camps before joining NK Zadar in 1996. He then moved to the youth system of Dinamo Zagreb in 2002. He was promoted to the senior team in 2003. The same year, he was loaned to Zrinjski Mostar, where he was awarded Bosnian and Herzegovinian League Player of the Year at the age of 18. The young talent was then loaned to Inter Zapresic in 2004. He was awarded Croatian Football Hope of the Year in 2004.
- He returned to Dinamo Zagreb in 2005 and signed a ten-year contract ahead of the 2005-06 season. Modric helped the club to win the 2006-07 season and was named Prva HNL Player of the Year. He also helped his club to win their second Croatian Cup in 2008.
- English club Tottenham Hotspur signed Modric six-year contract for a club-record fee of 16.5 million pounds in April 2008. Modric groomed himself a lot better and came out as a promising midfielder in the Premier League. He played at Spurs for four seasons and was named Tottenham Hotspur Player of the Year Year in 2011. He scored a total of 17 goals during his tenure at Spurs. Many big clubs already showed interest in signing the promising talented midfielder while he was playing at Spurs.
- Spanish giants Real Madrid signed Luka Modric on a five-year deal in August 2012 for a transfer fee of around 30 million pounds. He won his first trophy at Real Madrid just after 36 hours of signing defeating Barcelona in the 2012 Supercopa de Espana. At Real Madrid, Modric helped his team to win three La Liga, five Champions League, one Copa del Rey, four Supercopa de Espana, UEFA Super Cup, and FIFA Club World Cup titles till date. He was awarded La Liga's Best Midfielder in 2013-14 and 2015-16 season, Facebook FA La Liga Best Midfielder in 2016, ESPN Midfielder of the Year in 2016 and 2017, UEFA Midfielder of the Season in 2016-17 and 2017-18.
- He recently signed a one year extension with Real Madrid.
International Career of Luka Modric
- Initially, Luka Modric represented Croatia at different age levels including U15, U17, U18, U19, and U21 before making his senior debut in 2006. He debuted in a friendly match against Argentina, which they won 3-2. Since then, Modric has represented Croatia in the 2006 World Cup, 2008 Euro, 2012 Euro, 2014 World Cup, 2016 Euro, and 2018 World Cup. He became the only second Croatian international after Davor Suker to be included in the 2008 UEFA Team of the Tournament, following his performance in the 2008 Euro Cup.
- The 2018 FIFA World Cup turned out to be historical for Luka Modric and his country Croatia. Croatia reached the World Cup final for the first time in their history defeating England in the semi-final. Croatia finished the campaign in the second position, as France defeated Croatia 4-2 in the World Cup final. Modric was awarded the Golden Ball as the best player of the tournament.
- In 2018, he became the first Croatian player to win the ‘UEFA Men’s Player of the Year Award.’ He has also received a ‘Ballon d’Or award.
- He has played for the Croatian national football team since 2006. In the 122 games that he has played for his national team, he has scored 14 goals. He led his national team to the finals of the 2018 ‘FIFA World Cup’ and received the ‘Golden Ball Award’ which is given to the best player of the tournament.
- In the 2022 FIFA World Cup he took his team to the semi-finals again defeating tournaments favourites brazil in Quarter Finals but lost to Argentina in the semis.
Luka Modric Wife and Children
Looking at his personal life, Luka Modric is a married man. He got married to his beautiful girlfriend, Vanja Bosnic. They got married in a private ceremony in May 2010 in the Croatian capital Zagreb. Earlier, the couple dated for four years. The couple is blessed with three children. He has a son named Ivano and two daughters named Ema and Sofia. He loves to live in quiet family life. He has maintained his personal life private.
What is Luka Modric's net worth?
Luka Modric is a very talented football player and with his continuous hard work and dedication, he has accumulated a huge amount of money from his football career which is his major source of wealth. In April 2008, English club Tottenham Hotspur signed him on a six-year contract for a club-record fee of £16.5 million. In August 2012, he signed a five-year contract with the Spanish club Real Madrid for an approximate £30 million transfer fee. As of 2023, the net worth of a Croatian midfielder is estimated at around $75 million where he is paid €19 million per year playing for Real Madrid. In addition, his market value is around €10 million. As of now, he is satisfied with his earnings and is living a luxurious lifestyle.
How tall is Luka Modric?
Luka Modric stands at a height of 1.72m i.e. 5 feet and 8 inches tall. He has a body weight of 66kg. Moreover, he has an athletic body build. His eye color is light brown and his hair color is medium blonde. His chest size is 39 inches, his arms size is 14 inches and his waist size is 32 inches. In addition, his sexual orientation is straight. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality.
Luka Modric's Transfer History
- He started playing football for the youth team of Zadar in 1996 and played until 2000.
- In 2000, he joined the youth team of Dinamo Zagreb and began his career at the club.
- After a season with Dinamo Zagreb's youth side, he was loaned to Zrinjski Mostar in 2003 in the Bosnian Premier League.
- In July 2014, he was loaned to Croatian side Inter Zapresic for the 2004-05 season.
- In April 2008, English club Tottenham Hotspur signed him on a six-year contract for a club-record fee of £16.5 million.
- In August 2012, he signed a five-year contract with the Spanish club Real Madrid for an approximate £30 million transfer fee.
Awards and Achievements
- Won the 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08 Prva HNL with Dinamo Zagreb.
- Won the 2006-07, 2007-08 Croatian Cup with Dinamo Zagreb.
- Won the 2006 Croatian Super Cup with Dinamo Zagreb.
- Won the 2016-17, 2019-20, 2021-22 La Liga with Real Madrid.
- Won the 2013-14 Copa del Rey with Real Madrid.
- Won the 2012, 2017, 2019-20, 2021-22 Supercopa de Espana with Real Madrid.
- Won the 2013-14, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18, 2021-22 Champions League with Real Madrid.
- Won the 2014, 2016, 2017, 2022 UEFA Super Cup with Real Madrid.
- Won the 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 FIFA Club World Cup with Real Madrid.
- Won the 2010-11 Tottenham Hotspur Player of the Year.
- Won the 2013-14, 2015-16 La Liga's Best Midfielder.
- Won the 2016 FIFA Club World Cup Silver Ball.
- Won the 2016, 2017, 2018 ESPN Midfielder of the Year.
- Won the 2016-17, 2017-18 UEFA Champions League Midfielder of the Season.
- Won the 2017 FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball.
- Won the 2018 FIFA World Cup Golden Ball.
- Won the 2017-18 UEFA Men's Player of the Year Award.
- Won the 2018 The Best FIFA Men's Player.
- Won the 2018 IFFHS World's Best Playmaker.
- Won the 2018 Ballon d’Or.
- Won the 2018 World Soccer Player of the Year.
- Won the 2018 AIPS Athlete of the Year.
- Won the 2019 Golden Foot.
- Won the 2020-21 Real Madrid Player of the Season.
- Won the 2022 Marca Leyenda Award.
- Won the 2003 Bosnian Premier League Player of the Year.
- Won the 2004 Croatian Football Hope of the Year.
- Won the 2007 HNL's Footballer of the Year.
- Won the 2007 Prva HNL Player of the Year.
- Won the 2007-08 SN Yellow Shirt Award.
- Won the 2007, 2008, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 Croatian Footballer of the Year.
- Won the 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 Football Oscar for Best Croatian Player.
- Won the 2018 HNS Trophy for Best Croatian Player.
- Won the 2018 HOO Sportsman of the Year.
- Won the 2018 SN Sportsman of the Year.
- Won the 2018 Franjo Bučar State Award for Sport.
- Won the 2018 Honorary citizen of the city of Zadar.
- 2018 Order of Duke Branimir.
Trivias About Luka Modric You Need To Know.
- He is widely regarded as one of the greatest midfielders of all time and as the greatest Croatian footballer ever.
- He has been named Croatian Footballer of the Year a record ten times between 2007 and 2021.
- He won the 2018 Ballon d'Or and end the Decade of Ronaldo and Messi.
- He is a cousin of Australian footballer Mark Viduka and the godfather of Mateo Kovačić's son Ivan.
- In late 2019, he released his autobiography Moja igra (My Game), co-written by prominent Croatian sports journalist Robert Matteoni.
Frequently Asked Questions About Luka Modric.
Where was Luka Modric born?
Luka Modric was born in Zadar, SR Croatia, SFR Yugoslavia.
Who is the father of Luka Modric?
The father of Luka Modric is Stipe Modric.
Who is the mother of Luka Modric?
The mother of Luka Modric is Radojka Modric.
What is the color of Luka Modric's eye?
Luka Modric eye color is Light Brown.
What is the color of Luka Modric's hair?
Luka Modric hair color is Medium Brown.
What is the net worth of Luka Modric?
The net worth of Luka Modric is $75 Million.
What is the salary of Luka Modric?
The salary of Luka Modric is €19 Million.