Last updated on January 20th, 2020 at 07:17 pm
Facts About Luke Kuechly
|Celebrated Name||Luke Kuechly|
|Age||32 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Luke Kuechly|
|Birth Name||Luke August Kuechly|
|Place Of Birth||Cincinnati, Ohio|
|Height||5 feet 3 inches|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||$25 Million|
|Salary||$12.4 Million (Annually)|
|Source of Wealth||Sports Industry|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Luke Kuechly is a former American football linebacker who played all eight seasons of his professional career with the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Panthers ninth overall in the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football at Boston College where he was recognized twice as a consensus All-American.\
He had an immediate impact his rookie season, as he led the NFL in tackles and won the Associated Press 2012 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year award, becoming the third-youngest recipient in its history. In 2013, he became the youngest recipient of the AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year Award in its history. Let's know more about him through this article.
What is Luke Kuechly famous for?
- An American professional football player who currently plays as the linebacker for the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League (NFL).
Where is Luke Kuechly born?
Recalling his early life, Luke was born as Luke August Kuechly in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. His parents are Eileen Kuechly and Tom Keuchly. He is American by nationality and belongs to white ethnicity. Similarly, his birth sign is Taurus and a follower of Roman Catholicism.
He attended Cincinnati (OH) St. Xavier high school and further joined Boston College for higher studies. He has two brothers named John Keuchly and Henry Keuchly.
When did Luke Kuechly begin his football career?
- Moving towards his career, Luke developed his football skills even further with Boston college after his high school and played for the Boston College Eagles Team from 2009 to 2011.
- His professional career started in 2012 after he was drafted by the Caroline Panthers as the ninth overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft. He was officially included in the team on May 10th, 2012, signing to a 4-year contract worth $12.58 million.
- His performances in the first season earned him the AP Defensive Rookie of the Year and the second season with Panthers honored him with the award of Defensive Player of the Year in 2013.
- He was also among the top 100 NFL best players. He further signed a five-year contract worth $62 million extensions with the Panthers which made him the NFL's highest-paid middle linebacker by annual average salary.
- He will play for the Caroline Panthers and as per his contract, he will be representing the club until 2021 but On January 14th, 2020, He announced his retirement.
Is Luke Kuechly married?
Reflecting on his personal life, Luke has engaged in 2019 with his long-term girlfriend, Shanon Reilly whom he started dating in 2012. The affair of the couple started the same year Luke started his professional football career.
The couple shares common interests and is supportive of each other. They are often spotted spending their vacations together exploring several beautiful places and are reported to be getting married soon.
How much is Luke Kuechly worth?
Being a footballer, Luke earns quite impressive money and fame through his profession in the field of the sports industry. Based on some online reports, his estimated net worth said to be $25 million at present. While his annual salary is somewhere around $12.4 million.
How tall is Luke Kuechly?
Observing his body statistics, Luke stands a height of 5 feet 3 inches and weighs around 108 Kg. Similarly, he has an athletic body with black eyes and dark brown hair color. Further, his other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Luke Kuechly You Need To Know.
- He notched first career interception vs. Seattle (10/7/12), snagging a pass by quarterback Russell Wilson.
- He named 2012 Associated Press Defensive Rookie of the Year after becoming the first rookie since Patrick Willis in 2007 to lead the NFL in tackles.