Lynda Carter - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Family, Husband, Children, Facts, Nationality, Parents, Siblings, Awards, Height, Albums, Career, TV Shows, Wiki
Lynda Carter is a Mexican-American actress, singer, songwriter, model, as well as a beauty pageant titleholder who was crowned Miss World USA 1972 and finished in the top 15 at the Miss World 1972 pageant. She made her public television debut on "Lew King's Talent Show" at the age of 5. She is best known for being the star of the American live-action television series "Wonder Woman". She made her first TV show appearance in the Roots of Anger episode of the crime drama TV series, "Nakia" in 1974. She then made her theatrical film debut in the leading role in the crime drama flick, "Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw" in 1976. She released her debut album "Portrait" in the late 1970s. In June 2009, her second album, At Last, was released and reached No. 10 on Billboard's Jazz Albums Chart. In June 2011, Carter released her third album, Crazy Little Things which she describes as a delightful mix of standards, country, and pop tunes. In 2018, Carter released her fourth album titled Red, Rock n' Blues. In 2017, she rejoined the Warner Bros./DC Comics film and television family on the second season of The CW's Supergirl television series in the role of President Olivia Marsdin.
What is Lynda Carter Famous For?
- Being a Mexican-American actress, singer, and beauty pageant titleholder.
- Being cast in the role of Prince / Wonder Woman in the superhero action TV series, "Wonder Woman".
Where is Lynda Carter from?
Lynda Carter was born on 24th July 1951, She is from Phoenix, Arizona, the USA. She was born to her mother, Juanita Carter, and her father, Colby Carter. She has two siblings, one brother, Vincent, and one sister, Pamela. Her birth name is Lynda Jean Cordova Carter. Leo is her zodiac sign and she follows Christianity religion, She holds American nationality and her ethnicity is Mixed because her father is of English and Scots-Irish ancestry, and her mother is of Mexican, Spanish and French descent. She celebrated her 70th birthday as of 2021.
About her education, she attended Arizona State University. After being voted "Most Talented", she dropped out to pursue a career in music.
Lynda Carter Career Timeline
- Lynda Carter made her public television debut on Lew King's Talent Show at age 5.
- During high school, Carter performed in a band called Just Us.
- Her initial career began after she was voted "Most Talented". She then auditioned and then sang on tour with The Garfin Gathering and bandleader Howard (Speedy) Garfin in 1970.
- Later, Lynda decided to leave the Garfin Gathering in 1972 to pursue acting and she returned to Arizona.
- In 1972, she won a local Arizona beauty contest and gained national attention in the United States by winning Miss World USA 1972.
- She made her acting debut in an episode of the 1974 police drama "Nakia" entitled "Roots of Anger".
- She began making appearances on such TV shows as "Starsky and Hutch" and "Cos", as well as appeared in several "B" movies.
- She then rose to fame after she landed the starring role on "Wonder Woman" as the title character and her secret identity, Diana Prince. The series lasted for three seasons, which aired on ABC and later on CBS from 1975 to 1979.
- Next, she did a cameo in the post-credits scene of the sequel film, "Wonder Woman 1984" where she plays Asteria, the "Golden Warrior" of the Amazons.
- As she had also signed a modeling contract with Maybelline cosmetics in 1977, she was voted "The Most Beautiful Woman in the World" by the International Academy of Beauty and the British Press Organization in 1978.
- She then pursued her career in music and recorded the album "Portrait" in the late 1970s.
- She also sang two of her songs in a 1979 Wonder Woman episode, "Amazon Hot Wax".
- After that, she was seen in the role of Playboy Playmate Bunny in the film, "Apocalypse Now" (1979).
- She made a guest appearance on The Muppet Show" in 1980.
- She then played the title role in a biographical film about actress Rita Hayworth (born Margarita Carmen Cansino) titled "Rita Hayworth: The Love Goddess" (1983) whereas her next major role after Wonder Woman was in the crime drama television series "Partners in Crime" in the year 1984.
- She expanded her performance resume to include voice-over work as the narrator for the Sandra Brown book "Where There's Smoke" in the year 1993.
- In 2000, she hosted the "I Love 1978" episode of BBC2's "I Love the '70s"
- She starred as Vermont Governor Jessma in the independent comedy feature "Super Troopers" in 2001.
- After on, she made her first appearance in a major feature film in a number of years in the big-screen remake of "The Dukes of Hazzard" (2005), and since then she appeared in several films and series such as "The Creature of the Sunny Side Up Trailer Park" (2004), "Sky High" (2005), "Smallville" (2007).
- Moreover, she has voiced for the Nord and orsimer (orc) females in two computer games of "The Elder Scrolls" series beginning in 2002, and including "The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind", "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion", and "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim".
- Her second album, "At Last" was released in June 2009 and reached No. 10 on Billboard's Jazz Albums Chart whereas her third album, "Crazy Little Things" was launched in June 2011.
- In 2015, Carter wrote and recorded five original songs for the video game "Fallout 4" in which she herself stars.
- She rejoined the Warner Bros./DC Comics film and television family on the second season of The CW's "Supergirl" television series in the role of President Olivia Marsdin in 2017.
- She performs with her All-Star Band and presents her special guest, Jessica Altman. Jessica released her own EP "No Rules" in early 2020.
- She was seen as Asteria in the superhero film "Wonder Woman 1984" which was released in 2020 and will be appearing in "Wonder Woman 3" as Asteria.
Lynda Carter Awards, Honors, and Achievement
- DC Comics named Carter as one of the honorees in the company's 50th-anniversary publication "Fifty Who Made DC Great" for her work on the Wonder Woman series in 1985
- Received a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Gracie Awards in 2016
- Honored Carter with the 2,632nd star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on 3rd April 2018 by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce (HCC)
- In 2004, she won an award for being the "Superest Superhero" on the Second Annual TV Land Awards
Who is Lynda Carter Husband?
Lynda Carter is a married woman and she has been married twice till now. Her first marriage was with Ron Samuels from 1977 until 1982. Ron Samuels is a former talent agent. After then, she married Washington, DC, attorney Robert A. Altman in January 1984, law partner of Clark Clifford (and now CEO of ZeniMax Media). She left Hollywood in 1985 to join her husband in Washington DC for a few years. The duo has two children: James (born in 1988), and Jessica (born in 1990). Lynda became a widow after her second husband, Robert dies at 73 on 3rd February 2021 from myelofibrosis, a rare blood cancer. They were married for 37 years. She recently spoke about the death of her beloved husband in October "The next part of my life is I want to learn who I am. It's totally frightening. I don't know who I am without Robert." Her sexual orientation is straight.
"Robert is the love of my life and he always will be," she wrote on social media. "Our 37 years of marriage were an extraordinary gift. We shared the passion I hope everyone is lucky enough to experience in their lifetime. We protected each other and were each other's champions always". "We have always been grateful for the two beautiful lives we created together: our children, Jessica and James. They are the lights of my life and were the greatest joy of Robert's. I see so much of Robert in them, and I know he lives on through them."
How much is Lynda Carter Net Worth?
Lynda is a successful actress, a model, a singer, a songwriter, and a beauty pageant winner. As of 2022, the net worth of Lynda Carter is estimated to have $10 million as of 2022. Her exact salary and career earnings are still to get disclosed yet as she herself has not revealed anything about it to the media. But there is no doubt in the minds of her followers that she is making a considerable amount of money from her work. She lived in the 20,000 square foot Georgian-style mansion which was profiled in the premiere issue of "Closer" magazine in November 2013, as well as on HGTV. Her main source of income is from her acting and singing career. In 1979, she appeared in a Diet 7Up commercial along with comedian Don Rickles. She appeared in commercials for Lens Express (now 1-800 Contacts).
How tall is Lynda Carter?
Lynda Carter stands at the perfect height of 5 ft 10 in (178 cm) with a bodyweight of around 57 Kg. Her body type is slim. She has dark brown hair color and her eyes color is also the same. Her body measurement is 37-25-36 inches. In June 2008, she admitted in an interview to People that she had also entered a rehabilitation clinic for treatment of alcoholism and had now been sober for nearly 10 years. In a statement when asked what the recovery process had taught her, Carter explained that the best measure of a human being is "how we treat the people who love us, and the people that we love". She states that she is committed to her recovery from alcoholism and addiction. She credits her husband's intervention for her ultimate acceptance of personal powerlessness over alcoholism.
Trivias About Lynda Carter You Need To Know.
- Lynda had the reputation of performing stunts on her own in the TV series, "Wonder Woman".
- While studying in high school, she used to perform in multiple bands.
- Her first big music gig was to perform for three months for the opening of the music show held at the Sahara Hotel in Las Vegas.
- Lynda has done a lot of social activism work for charities and foundations working for Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which her mother suffered from
- She is a supporter of the LGBT community and was even hired to work as a Grand Marshall for several Pride parades.