Facts About Mac Jones
|Celebrated Name||Mac Jones|
|Age||24 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Mac Jones|
|Birth Name||Michael McCorkle Jones|
|Place Of Birth||Jacksonville, Florida|
|Sisters||1; Sarah Jane|
|High School||The Bolles School|
|University||University of Alabama|
|Awards||Davey O’Brien Award and more|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Weight||217 lbs or 98 Kg|
|Current Club||New England Patriots|
|Links||Instagram Wikipedia Twitter|
Mac Jones is an American football quarterback. Recently, he was selected by the New Engalnd Patriots in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft. Before his senior year, he played college football at Alabama. There, he was recognized as an All-American in 2020, among other accolades, en route to winning the College Football Playoff National Championship. Playing for Alabama, he played wearing the jersey number 10. He was also named the recipient of the Davey O'Brien, Johnny Unitas Golden Arm, and Manning Awards. He was also named a finalist for the Heisman Trophy, which went to his teammate DeVonta Smith, the first wide receiver to win the award since 1991.
- Being American football quarterback for the New England Patriots of the National Football League (NFL).
- For playing college football at Alabama where he was recognized as an All-American in 2020.
What is the Birthplace of Mac Jones?
On 5th September 1998, Mac Jones was born making him the present age of 22 as of 2020. His place of birth is in Jacksonville, Florida, the USA where he grew up. His birth name/real name is Michael McCorkle "Mac" Jones. He is American by nationality and his ethnic background is American-White whereas his race is White. He was born to his parents; Gordon Jones (father) and Holly Jones (mother). His father played tennis at Florida State University and Flagler College. He also has two siblings; his brother, Will who played soccer at Mercer University, and his sister, Sarah Jane played tennis for the College of Charleston. Virgo is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Christian.
About his education, he attended The Bolles School (High School). After that, he attended the University of Alabama (2017-2020) where he did his major in business communications.
How was the Career of Mac Jones?
- After accepting a scholarship from the University of Alabama, Mac Jones was redshirted his freshman season in the year 2017.
- He was then named A-Day MVP after throwing for 289 yards and two touchdowns in the Crimson Tide's spring game.
- Back then, he was also charged with driving under the influence (DUI) and was suspended for the game against LSU.
- After that, he appeared in 14 of the Crimson Tide's 15 games in the 2018 season.
- He served as the starting QB for the second half of the 2019 season and made four starts for the Tide, beating Arkansas and Western Carolina before falling to Auburn in the Iron Bowl.
- He finished 2019 with 14 TD passes for 1,503 yards in 11 games.
- He took over as Alabama's starting quarterback after Tagovailoa departed for the 2020 NFL Draft.
- He threw for 417 yards and 4 touchdowns, helping Alabama win 41-24 against Georgia Bulldogs.
- He threw for 291 yards and 4 TDs against Mississippi State winning the match. He then threw for 302 yards and 5 touchdowns in the Iron Bowl against Auburn. Moreover, he threw for 385 yards and 4 touchdowns against LSU.
- He threw for 418 yards and 5 touchdowns against Florida in the 2020 SEC Championship Game winning the match 52-46.
- Alabama then won the 2021 College Football Playoff National Championship game against the Ohio State Buckeyes 52-24 where he threw for 464 yards and 5 touchdowns.
- He ended the 2020 season throwing for 4,500 yards with 41 touchdowns and only 4 interceptions.
- Following the season, he announced that he would forgo his senior year and enter the 2021 NFL Draft.
- He was drafted 15th overall by the New England Patriots becoming one of five quarterbacks and six Alabama players taken in the first round.
Awards and Achievements
- 2× CFP National Champion (2017, 2020)
- Davey O’Brien Award (2020)
- Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award (2020)
- Manning Award (2020)
- Consensus All-American (2020)
- First-team All-SEC (2020)
- SEC Scholar-Athlete of the Year (2020)
- Finalist for the Heisman Trophy
Who is Mac Jones Dating?
Mac Jones is not married yet and he is still to get married but he is currently having affairs with his beautiful girlfriend named Sophie Scott. Sophie is a University of Alabama student. The duo often shares their pictures on social media. The couple is enjoying their present life a lot. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Mac Jones Net Worth?
Football quarterback, Mac Jones is currently playing for the New England Patriots. As per sources, student-athletes don't get paid directly like professional athletes whereas they receive other benefits. The athletes receive athletic scholarships worth $20,000 to $50,000 a year while they play at the college level, at a major university. The medical expenses, travel expenses, gears, coaching, and training facilities of their athletes are also taken care of by the NCAA. He does not have signed a contract with the team yet. He is living a cool lifestyle as of today.
How tall is Mac Jones?
Athletic bodybuilder, Mac Jones is a very handsome man with a charming smile and glowing face attracting a lot of people towards him. He has a tall and perfect height of 6 ft 3 in or 1.91 m. His weight consists of 217 lb or 98 KG. His hair color is blonde and he has a pair of brown eyes. Overall, he has got a healthy body and he frequently does exercise.
Trivias About Mac Jones You Need To Know.
- Mac Jones played college football at Alabama where he was recognized as an All-American in 2020.
- He was selected by the Patriots in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft.
- His brother, Will, played soccer at Mercer University, while his sister Sarah Jane played tennis for the College of Charleston.
- He arrived as an early enrollee but was redshirted his freshman season in 2017 for the University of Alabama.
- He was also named a finalist for the Heisman Trophy, which went to his teammate DeVonta Smith, the first wide receiver to win the award since 1991.