Facts About Maddie Poppe
|Celebrated Name||Maddie Poppe|
|Age||25 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Madeline Mae Poppe|
|Profession||Singer , Musician|
|Place Of Birth||Clarksville, Iowa|
|Siblings||Hannah Poppe and Emma Poppe|
|High School||Clarksville High School|
|College / University||Iowa Central Community College, Hawkeye Community College|
|Awards||People's Choice Awards|
|Marital Status||In A Relationship|
|Boyfriend||Caleb Lee Hutchinson|
|Net Worth||$2 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Music Industry|
|Height||5 feet 4 inches|
|Body Measurement||32-26-32 inches|
|Eye Color||Pale Green|
Maddie Poppe is an American folk singer, and musician who is best known for being the season 16 winner of "American Idol". Moreover, she is a multi-instrumentalist who knows to play the guitar, piano, and ukulele. Before winning "American Idol", she released an independent album titled "Songs from the Basement". Next, she released her first studio album, "Whirlwind" with Hollywood Records on 17th May 2019 which includes the singles; "Made You Miss", "Not Losing You" and more. Recently, she went on Maddie Poppe's Acoustic Christmas tour in Iowa from December 4 to 19, 2020.
What is Maddie Poppe Famous For?
- Being a singer, musician as well as a multi-instrumentalist.
- Being the winner of season 16 of the reality TV show American Idol.
Who are the Parents of Maddie Poppe?
Maddie Poppe was born on 5th December 1997. She is from Clarksville, Iowa, the USA. She holds American nationality and her ethnicity is American-White. She celebrated her 24th birthday as of 2021. Sagittarius is her zodiac sign and her religion is Christianity. Her real name is Madeline Mae Poppe.
Talking about her parents, she was born to her father, Trent, and her mother, Tonya Poppe. As a young girl, she loved to sing for her family, but she did not start performing until she was in middle school. Her father is also a musician and is a guitarist. She used to perform with her father and his band at the Pioneer Days festival. She got her to start performing at the Butler County Fairgrounds in Allison, Iowa. had also been a stagehand, setting up equipment for musicians at the county fair. She also has two siblings namely, Hannah Poppe and Emma Poppe.
Maddie graduated from Clarksville High School in 2016, attended Iowa Central Community College, and then went to Hawkeye Community College.
Maddie Poppe Career Timeline
- Maddie Poppe released her first album, "Songs from the Basement", on 20th June 2016.
- Next Poppe opened for Diamond Rio at the Butler County Fair.
- Before this, she auditioned for "The Voice" in the year 2016 which aired on NBC on 29th February 2016 in season 10 of the show. There, she sang "Dog Days Are Over" from Florence and the Machine, but none of the judges (who were Adam Levine, Pharrell Williams, Christina Aguilera, and Blake Shelton) turned their chairs, thus being eliminated. Despite her elimination, Clarksville honored her with a city event at the Clarksville Library.
- In an audition for "American Idol Season 16" held in New York, she sang "Rainbow Connection" from "The Muppet Movie". For her song, Judge Lionel Richie said she had a "storytelling voice" and that "we need you in this show". Likewise, Katy Perry said she had a "distinctive quality in your voice" and Luke Bryan said, "I'm not critiquing you, 'cause you got me, I'm saying yes."
- After singing her original song "Don't Ever Let Your Children Grow Up," Perry said Poppe reminded her of herself as they "write a little bit of the same style."
- In her Top 14, she sang "Homeward Bound" by Simon & Garfunkel, sparking Katy Perry to remark, "I closed my eyes and I thought I was listening to Joni Mitchell," while Luke Bryan labeled the interweaving of her modal voice and falsetto as "seasoned" and "big-time pro."
- Prior to the May 20 finale, Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds declared May 20, 2018, to be "Maddie Poppe Day".
- During the finale of the show, she performed her winners' single "Going Going Gone", which was originally written by Mitch Allan, Lindy Robbins, and Julia Michaels.
- At the end of the show, after Poppe performed "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac, Katy Perry revealed she would be voting for her.
- On the results show broadcast on May 21, Maddie Poppe was declared the winner, with Caleb Lee Hutchinson as runner-up and Gabby Barrett in third.
- Poppe was also the first female winner since Candice Glover in season twelve and the first Caucasian female winner since Carrie Underwood in season four.
- On 17th May 2019, she released her first studio album, "Whirlwind".
- She appeared on "American Idol" on April 21 to advertise her new album, but the show cut to a commercial before she was able to mention it.
- Further, she appeared in the finale episode of season 17.
- Whirlwind's third single "Made You Miss" debuted at number 39 on the US Adult Top 40 chart, later peaking at number 21; Whirlwind's fourth single "Not Losing You" debuted at number 37 on the US Adult Top 40 on October 12 and peaked at number 26, spending 17 weeks on the chart.
- From 3rd October to 29th October of 2019, she joined Ingrid Michaelson on the Dramatic Tour in the USA.
- On 20th November 2020, she independently released her holiday EP, "Christmas From Home".
- She next went on the "Maddie Poppe's Acoustic Christmas tour in Iowa from December 4 to 19, 2020.
Maddie Poppe Awards and Achievements
- People's Choice Awards in 2018 for her work in "American Idol" under Competition Contestant of 2018
- Talent Recap Fan Choice Awards in 2018 for her work in "Amerian Idol" under Favorite Reality TV Competition Contestant of 2018
Who is Maddie Poppe Dating?
Maddie Poppe is not married yet and she is still to get married. But she is currently in a relationship and she is dating her handsome boyfriend, Caleb Lee Hutchinson. Prior to the results being revealed of American Idol Season 16, Hutchinson announced that he and Poppe were dating. They met each other in 2018 during the American Idol competition. Today, the duo is living a happy life and their love bond is going stronger with the passage of time. Talking about Maddie Poppe’s sexual orientaiton, she is straight.
How much is Maddie Poppe Net Worth?
Maddie Poppe is a singer and a musician by profession whose net worth is estimated to have $2 Million as of 2022. Her main source of wealth is from the music industry releasing several albums and songs. She has been active in the singing world since 2015 for over six years now. Her fame rose after she became the winner of an American Idol season 16. Her first career earnings as an American Idol star was around $250,000. She seems to make decent earnings from her music career. Today, she is living a cool lifestyle.
How tall is Maddie Poppe?
Maddie Poppe is a beautiful singer who stands at the perfect height of 5 feet 4 inches. Her balanced body weight consists of 56 Kg. Her body measurement is 32-26-32 inches. Overall, she has got a healthy body with a charming smile and glowing face attracting a lot of viewers towards her. She has pale green eyes and her hair color is also the same i.e black.
Trivias About Maddie Poppe You Need To Know.
- Maddie is the winner of season 16 of the reality TV show American Idol.
- She is the middle of three daughters of Trent Poppe and Tonya Poppe.
- She released her first album, Songs from the Basement in 2016.
- n 2018, she won People's Choice Award and Talent Recap Fan Choice Award for her performance in 'American Idol'.
- Poppe signed a deal with Disney’s record label Hollywood Records which released Poppe's first studio album Whirlwind.