Mahmood - Bio, Net Worth, Dating, Nationality, Age, Awards, Religion
The music is a thing that gives people excitement, enjoyment, happiness, and many more. It heals when you are hurt, it makes you happy when you are sad and it helps you in any situation when you need it. Thus, somebody says that "Music is the medicine that heals you any circumstances."
Today, we are going to talk about the music celebrity to whom the above statements actually meet. He is not other than Mahmood who stepped into the music industry in the year 2012. Since then, he has released two studio albums, one extended play, nineteen singles, and eleven music videos to date. You can feel his emotions in his songs. To know more about him and his life, you can read the below article.
What is Mahmood Famous For?
- An Italian singer-songwriter.
- Competing on the sixth season of the Italian version of The X Factor.
- Winning the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 in Turin with the song "Brividi."
How old is Mahmood?
Mahmood was born in 1992 to his parents under the birth name of Alessandro Mahmoud. Currently, he is aged 29 years old and his birthdate is September 12. He is from Milan, Italy. He holds Italian nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity. His birth sign is Virgo and his religious view is currently unknown.
Similarly, he was born to an Egyptian father and a Sardinian mother. However, his parents, siblings, and academic details are yet to be disclosed. He was raised by his mother alone as his parents were divorced when he was five.
How did Mahmood begin his singing career?
- Mahmood stepped into the music industry in 2012. He auditioned for the sixth season of the Italian version of The X Factor but was later eliminated in the third episode.
- He then started working in the bar and later attended a music school where he studied piano, solfeggio, and music theory. Also, he started writing songs.
- After a year, he released his first single title Fallin' Rain.
- In 2016, he participated in the Newcomers Section of Sanremo Music Festival with the song, Dimentica.
- In 2017, he released another single Pesos, with which he participates in the fifth edition of the Wind Summer Festival, winning the third episode of the Youth section.
- The same year, he was featured on Fabri Fibra's single, Luna.
- After a year, he released his debut extended play, Gioventù bruciata.
- The same year, his co-written songs were released by Marco Mengoni.
- In 2019, he won the San Remo Festival, Italy's most important song festival, with his song Soldi. Also, he reissued Gioventù bruciata as a full-length studio album, which topped the Italian albums chart.
- That same year, he represent Italy at the Eurovision Song Contest in Yel Aviv, Israel where he loses the contest because Netherland receives 27 points more than Italy.
- He also performed at the closing ceremony of the 2019 Summer Universiade in Naples with three of his songs Soldi, Gioventù bruciata, and Anni 90.
- In 2021, he released his second studio album, Ghettolimpo. The album contains five singles: Rapide, Dorado, Inuyasha, Zero, and Klan.
- In 2022, he returns to Sanremo alongside Blanco with the song Brividi. They again represent Italy at the Eurovision Song Contest in Turin and surprisingly they won it.
- The song reached number 15 on the Billboard Global 200 chart dated 19th February 2022.
What are the achievements of Mahmood?
Mahmood had give contributions Italian music industry since 2012. For his outstanding works, he has been honored with several awards which are listed below:
- Sanremo Giovani (2018) - "Gioventù bruciata" - 1st Place
- Sanremo Giovani (2018) - Critics' Award - "Gioventù bruciata" - Won
- Sanremo Music Festival (2019) - Big Artists - "Soldi" - 1st Place
- Sanremo Music Festival (2019) - Enzo Jannacci Award for Best Performance - "Soldi" - Won
- Sanremo Music Festival (2019) - Baglioni d'oro Award for Best Song - "Soldi" - Won
- Eurovision Song Contest (2019) - "Soldi" - 2nd Place
- OGAE Poll (2019) - Best Song of Eurovision 2019 - "Soldi" - Won
- Marcel Bezençon Awards (2019) - Composer Award - "Soldi" - Won
- Wind Music Awards (2019) - Triple Platinum Certified Single - "Soldi" - Won
- Wind Music Awards (2019) - Gold Certified Album - "Gioventù bruciata" - Won
- MTV Europe Music Awards (2019) - Best Italian Act - "Soldi" - Won
- Sanremo Music Festival (2022) - Big Artists - "Brividi" - 1st Place
- Eurovision Song Contest (2022) - "Brividi" - 6th Place
Who is Mahmood partner?
Mahmood had kept his private life quite secretive. Thus, there is no such news available on social media platforms that tell us that he has an affair. Similarly, He remains relatively quiet when it comes to sharing his personal life and makes it a point to stay out of the public eye. That's why we are assuming that he is probably single. Also, we are trying to dig out his private somehow but it takes a little more time. So, keep in touch with us.
How much net worth does Mahmood have?
Mahmood is active in the music industry since 2012 and he released 2 studio albums to date. Thus, he probably earned the sum of a decent amount of money and fame throughout her career. Based on some online sites, his current estimated net worth is said to be $1.5 million. However, his salary and other financial details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Mahmood?
Mahmood has an athletic body with a height of 5 feet 9 inches. Similarly, he has a pair of dark brown eyes and his hair color is black. Further, His weight, measurements, clothes & shoe size is being updated soon, once we are updated. Until then, keep in touch with us for new updates.
Trivias About Mahmood You Need To Know.
- He performed the song for the first time during the first live show of the 69th Sanremo Music Festival.
- He has an aversion to being categorized by his nationality or sexuality.
- In 2019, he was named to Italian Forbes 30 Under 30, a list showcasing entrepreneurs, entertainers and celebrities who have made a name for themselves before reaching the age of 30.
- During his career, he has written and composed songs with many italian authors and producers, including Francesco Catitti, Dardust, Charlie Charles e Alessandro Raina, and artists such as Marracash, Chiara, Marco Mengoni, Fabri Fibra, Elodie and Michele Bravi.