Facts About Maimouna Doucoure
|Filmmaker , Screenwriter
|Place Of Birth
|Best Known For
|Director of 2020 movie, Cuties.
|University of Paris
|Won the Cesar Award for Best Short Film at the 42nd Cesar Awards.
Maimouna Doucoure is a French-Senegalese screenwriter and filmmaker. She is best known for her directorial work in the 2020 film, Cuties. The movie is also her feature film directorial debut. The Doucoure-directed film, Cuties earned critical acclaims and several accolades. She previously directed several short films. Her short film, Maman(s) won the Cesar Award for Best Short Film.
She has over 9k followers on her official Instagram account @maimounadoucoure.
What is Maimouna Doucoure Famous For?
- Made her feature film debut with the 2020 film, Cuties.
Where is Maimouna Doucoure Born?
Maimouna Doucoure was born in 1985. She was born in Paris in France. She holds French-Senegalese nationality. She belongs to African-European ethnicity. She is of Senegalese descent. Her parents are Senegalese. She grew up in Paris. Information about of her parents, siblings, and early life is not information.
She studied biology at the University of Paris.
Maimouna Doucoure Career
- Doucoure made her first short film, Hide-and-seek in 2013.
- She produced her second short film, Maman(s) in 2015. The film was inspired by her own experiences with polygamy as a young child.
- The film was premiered at the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival and at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival.
- The film jointly won the Cesar Award for Best Short Film at the 42nd Cesar Awards along with Alice Diop-directed Towards Tenderness in 2017.
- She penned the script for her debut feature film, Cuties in early 2017. The film was based on her life experience as a refugee girl, a traditional Senegalese Muslim girl who is caught and torn between two contrasting fortunes, traditional values, and internet culture while also speaks about the hypersexualization of pre-adolescent girls.
- The script won the Sundance's Global Filmmaking Award in 2017.
- She directed the film and was premiered on 23 January 2020 in the World Cinema Dramatic Competition sector of the 2020 Sundance Film Festival.
- The film won the Directing Jury Award.
- The film was premiered at the 70th Berlin International Film Festival on 22 February 2020.
- The film is set to release on Netflix on 9 September 2020.
- Its trailer was released on 18 August 2020 and received widespread internet criticism that mainly centered around the film's portrayal of the sexualization of minors.
- A petition calling for Netflix to drop the film's release garnered around 20,000 signatures.
Maimouna Doucoure Husband
No personal information about Maimouna Doucore is available. She has maintained a private personal life. It is not clear whether she is married or not. Detail information about Doucoure will be updated soon.
Maimouna Doucoure Height
Maimouna Doucore stands at an average height and average body weight. She has a slim body build. Her eye color is dark brown and her hair color is black. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Maimouna Doucoure Net Worth
Maimouna Doucore is a young director in the movie industry. She has already directed and produced an award-winning short film, Maman(s). She made her feature film debut with Cuties. She makes her money working in the filmmaking. We will see her successful movies in the future. Her net worth is not available at present.
Trivias About Maimouna Doucoure You Need To Know.
- Doucoure's film, Cuties was granted the TV-MA TV Parental Guidelines ratings which itself labels to be unsuitable for underage children.
- Her film Cuties was released in 40 languages.