Last updated on July 22nd, 2021 at 11:17 am
Facts About Maitreyi Ramakrishnan
|Celebrated Name||Maitreyi Ramakrishnan|
|Age||21 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Maitreyi Ramakrishnan|
|Place Of Birth||Mississauga, Ontario, Canada|
|School||Meadowvale Secondary School|
|Source of Wealth||Acting career|
|Salary||$20,000 per episode|
|Height||5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm|
|Weight||48 kg or 106 lbs|
|Body Measurement||34-26-35 inches|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan, a versatile Canadian actress is well recognized for her leading role in the Netflix teen comedy series "Never Have I Ever" (2020). Her performance garnered praise from critics with Variety calling her role a "breakout performance." She has also done various theater plays. Being her first professional acting project, she has managed to gather the attention of a lot of people who now look up to her as a new young actress making her mark. Maitreyi was named as a Breakout Actor in Time 100's Most Influential people in 2021 as well as it was announced on 2nd June 2021 that she will star in the Netflix romantic comedy "The Netherfield Girls". Moreover, she has also been nominated for several awards in 2021 such as MTV Movie & TV Awards, Canadian Screen Awards, and Independent Spirit Award.
'We need more representation': 'Never Have I Ever' star Maitreyi Ramakrishnan
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan says the popularity of the young-adult Netflix series, co-created by Mindy Kaling and Lang Fisher, proves that there is a growing market for stories with South Asians in lead roles. After a successful debut, the actress, now 19, said she was initially under a lot of pressure to not let down the fans and creators with season two but eventually decided to enjoy the process.
"I think the reason why people like the show is because we haven't seen South Asians take the lead role as often as they should. It's happened before, I'm sure, and most of the time it's because they make that space for themselves," she said, citing the example of show's co-creator Kaling, who also wrote and starred in "The Mindy Project" and "Late Night". "But that's not enough. We need more representation and need to see more South Asians take those lead roles because clearly there is a market for it, and a want for it," Ramakrishnan told PTI in a Zoom interview.
- Being a Canadian actress.
- For her leading role in the Netflix teen comedy series "Never Have I Ever" (2020).
What is Maitreyi Ramakrishnan Nationality?
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan opened her eyes for the very first time on 28th December 2001 in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. As she took birth in Canada, she holds Canadian nationality and belongs to Sri Lankan-Tamil ethnicity as she is of Tamil descent. She follows the Hinduism religion. Maitreyi has celebrated her 19th birthday back in 2020 which is her present age. Her race is black and her zodiac sign is Capricorn. She is the daughter of her father, Ram Selvarajah, and her mother, Kiruthiha Kulendiren. She has an older brother named Vishwaa Ramakrishnan.
Moving to Maitreyi's education, she graduated from Meadowvale Secondary School whereas later she deferred her acceptance to the theatre program at York University in Toronto. She deferred her acceptance a second time in 2021 while switching her degree to human rights and equity studies.
What does Maitreyi Ramakrishnan do for a living?
- Maitreyi Ramakrishnan kicks off her acting career starring the lead role, in the Netflix series "Never Have I Ever" in 2020.
- She was previously chosen by Mindy Kaling out of 15,000 candidates that applied for an open casting call for the show in 2019. She was 17 at the time of her casting and had not yet held a job or acted professionally whereas her casting received significant media attention, especially in Canada, both due to the nature of the open casting call and for her Tamil Canadian identity.
- As well, "Today" named her one of eighteen "Groundbreakers" in 2019 as her performance in the show received positive reviews, with "Variety" saying it was a "breakout performance".
- Additionally, Maitreyi was named as a Breakout Actor in Time 100's Most Influential people in 2021 and it was also announced on 2nd June 2021 that she will star in the Netflix romantic comedy "The Netherfield Girls".
Is Maitreyi Ramakrishnan Dating Someone?
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan is an unmarried lady. She is very young and is not ready for any relationship at the moment. Despite her young age, she has a huge fan following and many people love her. She is a woman who is focused on her career and is chasing her dreams. She is content with being single at the moment. Furthermore, her sexual orientation is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Maitreyi Ramakrishnan?
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan has a net worth of $500,000 as of 2021 whereas she has also a fine amount of salary which is also in thousands of dollars per year. According to her minor's contract, Maitreyi banked $20,000 per episode in the first season alone. She has reached great heights in her career already and she still has a lot more to do. In addition, her major source of income is from her acting career.
What is the Height of Maitreyi Ramakrishnan?
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan stands at an ideal height of 5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm. She has 48 kg or 106 lbs of body weight with a slim body build. Maitreyi has black hair and eyes color. She dresses up showing off her curvy figure and striking pair of legs and feet wearing either open tight upskirt. Her body measurements are 34-26-35 inches.
Trivias About Maitreyi Ramakrishnan You Need To Know.
- Maitreyi graduated from Meadowvale Secondary School.
- She was set to attend York University in Toronto but deferred her acceptance to star on "Never Have I Ever".
- There were a total of 15,000 girls who auditioned for the role of Devi along with Maitreyi.
- Her family hails from Sri Lanka, but they moved out during the civil war and settled in Canada.
- She is also a part-time gamer.