Facts About Malandra Burrows
|Celebrated Name||Malandra Burrows|
|Age||57 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Malandra Elizabeth Newman|
|Profession||Actress , Singer|
|Place Of Birth||Woolton, Liverpool, England|
|Parents||Malcolm Burrows (father) and Sandra Burrows (mother)|
|High School||King David High School|
|Source of Wealth||Acting and singing career|
|Net Worth||$1 million|
|Height||5 feet and 8 inches|
|Links||Wikipedia Twitter Facebook|
Malandra Elizabeth Newman is an English actress and singer who is excellently known as Malandra Burrows. She is well recognized for her long-running role as Kathy Glover in the ITV soap opera "Emmerdale". She was seen on Yorkshire Television's "Junior Showtime" at the age of six. She also became the youngest-ever winner of "New Faces" and her interest in music continued throughout her early adolescence. At age 13 she won the 1978 BBC Merseyside Songwriter of the Year award. Malandra's pop single titled "Just This Side of Love" also made it to #11 on the UK Singles Chart in 1990.
Malandra Burrows Famous For
- Being an English actress and singer.
- For her long-running role as Kathy Glover in ITV soap opera "Emmerdale".
What Nationality is Malandra Burrows?
Malandra Burrows was born on 4th November 1965 with the real name of Malandra Elizabeth Newman in Woolton, Liverpool, England. She holds British nationality and she belongs to the British-white ethnicity. Similarly, her religion is Christian and her race is white. Malandra has celebrated her 56th birthday as of 2021 and as per her birth date, her zodiac sign is Scorpio.
Malandra Burrows is the daughter of Malcolm Burrows (father) and Sandra Burrows (mother).
Regarding Malandra's education, she attended King David High School in Childwall. Then she joined the Everyman Youth Theatre in Liverpool, did classes at Liverpool Theatre School, and also did productions with a local amateur dramatics company at St Peter's, in Woolton.
Malandra Burrows Career Timeline
- Malandra Burrows started her acting career starring in "The Practice" and "Fell Tiger", as well as taking two parts in the Channel 4 soap opera "Brookside".
- Then she auditioned for the role of Kathy Bates in the popular ITV soap opera "Emmerdale" and got the part.
- She was also asked to return to Emmerdale for Jack Sugden's funeral episodes in February 2009 but was unable due to working in pantomime during Christmas 2008 and January 2009, which prevented her from making a return.
- Also, she has had some success in the UK Singles Chart, reaching number 11 with the song "Just This Side of Love" in 1990 as she launched a self-penned single "Summernight Love" (1996) on AATW/DKAM Records (No. 185 UK) which resulted in a recording contract with Warner Bros., and two more singles, "Carnival in Heaven" and "Don't Leave Me".
- She was a contestant on "Celebrity Weakest Link" in 2002 and in 2004 she took part in the ITV game show "Simply the Best".
- Malandra spent a year presenting a show called "Soap Addicts" on satellite, and then a year in the stage comedy "Just Desserts" touring the United Kingdom.
- She starred on Channel 5's "The All-Star Talent Show" in 2006 and appeared as the Fairy during Christmas 2007, in "Sleeping Beauty" at the Pavilion Theatre, Bournemouth.
- Malandra entered late into the 2006 series of "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!" on day seven as she was found hanging from a tight rope and had to be rescued as part of the trial by Matt Willis and Lauren Booth.
Is Malandra Burrows Married?
Malandra Burrows is an unmarried woman. She is living a calm, cheerful, and single life while performing at the track. Seeing her previous career details, it is clear that Burrows often used to remain busy in her life with lots of planning and schedules for track and field. Concerning her sexual orientation, she is straight.
How much is Malandra Burrows's Net Worth?
Malandra Burrows is a versatile woman who has a net worth of $1 million as of 2022. She has also a handsome amount of salary which is also around thousands of dollars per year. With her hard work and the luck by her side, Malandra can double the amount of wealth she has today. In addition, her major source of income is her acting and singing career. She is sincere in her work.
What is the Height of Malandra Burrows?
Malandra Burrows stands at an ideal height of 5 feet and 8 inches with a balanced bodyweight of 70 kg. She has blonde hair and blue eyes color. Her body build type is slim. Moreover, Malandra announced on 25th April 2022 that she had been diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer, and was considering having a mastectomy.
Trivias About Malandra Burrows You Need To Know.
- She starred as Kathy Glover for 17 years on the popular British soap opera, Emmerdale.
- She studied dancing as a youth, at the behest of her mother.
- She won the TV talent show New Faces in 1974, becoming the youngest winner at that time.
- Her pop single titled "Just This Side of Love" made it to #11 on the UK Singles Chart in 1990.
- Her name is a combination of her parents' names, Malcolm and Sandra.