Manuel Neuer - Bio, Net Worth, Current Team, Contract, Salary, Transfer, Wife, Age, Nationality, Family, Height, Position, Size, Awards, Facts, Wiki
Manuel Peter Neuer famed as Manuel Neuer is a professional footballer who plays as a goalkeeper and captain for both Bundesliga club Bayern Munich and the German national team. Because of his great strength, shot-stopping abilities, command, and control he is also known as a “sweeper-keeper.” He started his career at Schalke 04 where he won the DFB-Pokal and DFB-Ligapokal. On 11th June 2019, he had the 37th clean sheet in his international career, breaking a record set by Sepp Maier, in a UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying match between Germany and Estonia, which ended with an 8-0 thrashing victory for Germany.
It All Goes Wrong When Manuel Neuer Goes In Half-Ass
For years now, Manuel Neuer has been established as the premier sweeper-keeper in the world. The German World Cup winner and Bayern Munich No. 1 essentially redefined the position. But even Neuer gets things wrong from time to time. A stunning mistake from Manuel Neuer vs Paderborn nearly cost Bayern three points on Friday. The visitors twice pegged back the reigning champions before Robert Lewandowski saved Neuer’s blushes with an 88th-minute winner for a 3-2 victory at Allianz Arena. Regardless of the fact no one in the U.S. could really see the match, it looked like it’d be an easy win for Bayern against bottom-of-the-table Paderborn. Serge Gnabry danced around in the box before putting away the first goal in the 25th minute.
- Being considered by some in the media to be the current best goalkeeper in the world, and one of the greatest goalkeepers both of his generation and of all time.
- Being regarded as a "complete" and modern goalkeeper.
Who are the parents of Manuel Neuer?
Manuel was born on 27th March 1986 in Gelsenkirchen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany to Peter Neuer and Marita Neuer, his parents. His birth name is Manuel Peter Neuer. He has a brother named Marcel Neuer. He does not have any sister. About his education, he attended the Gesamtschule Berger Feld, like many other notable soccer players such as Mesut Ozil. His nationality is German and his ethnicity is White.
How was the football career of Manuel Neuer?
- Firstly, Manuel Neuer began his career playing as a professional footballer with Schalke.
- He started firstly with his amateur skills but his talent was sooner seen and made him go through every age group barrier.
- He signed a professional contract with the club in 2005, but couldn’t make his first appearance on the field in his first season.
- He got a chance after that to play in the second season and performed well there.
- In the 2007-2008 season, Manuel started playing for his team in the UEFA Champions League.
- In the penalty shootout round against Porto, he made the saves and led his team straight into the quarterfinals.
- As he has shown out the best performance in the league, he was nominated for the UEFA Club Goalkeeper of the Year award.
- Though his team somehow lost the match.
- He played in 50 games in the season for his team and emerged as a new star.
- His work had inspired everyone and in 2010-11, he was given the duties to be the captain for Schalke.
- He leads them so nicely and proved himself as a good skipper by leading his team straight into the Champions League Semi-final.
- In 2011, he announced that his contract with Schalke was approaching its end and he isn’t willing to extend it further, for which he received a lot of backlash from Schalke fans.
- He then became the second most expensive goalkeeper after some time and the first was Bayern Munich for a whopping 22 Million German Euro.
- In a match against Real Madrid in 2012, he teaches and manages Kaka and Ronaldo to score penalty goals.
- They as motivated by Neuer scored and they moved their team into the semi-final of the championship league.
- In the finals, they had performed well but couldn’t win against Chelsea. Manuel finished the season with a total of 53 appearances.
- He started the next season and trained so well that he has victory for his team in the German Cup.
- As they have won they reached in the 2013 Champions League trophy.
- They leave there with collecting 31 Bundesliga matches and about 20 more appearances scores in different tournaments across the season.
- The 2014-2-15 season was very much better than before.
- Due to this, he was also honored with the German Footballer of the Year award along with a place in the UEFA Team of the Year.
- He was selected to be a part of the national team and to experience an Asian tour.
- His international career starts there with the tour in 2009 when he was selected to be a part of the national team for the Asian tour.
- He has also participated in World Cup 2010, as a goalkeeper of Germany.
- In the 2014 World Cup, Manuel played exceptionally well and led his team straight into the finals, where the German team faced Argentina.
- He had a lot of work to do in the finals and saved many goals. Germany ended up winning the tournament and for his great performance as a goalkeeper, Manuel received the ‘Golden Glove’ award.
- He was selected for the 2016 Euro Cup. He played so well and didn’t let any team score goals against Germany fulfilling all his responsibilities of being a goalkeeper. But unluckily Italy scored one and broke the streak.
- The match was stretched to penalty round in which, Manuel made some sweet saves and led his team to victory and was later named Man of the Match.
- On 14th April 2019, he sustained a torn muscle fibers in his left calf in a Bundesliga match against Fortuna Dusseldorf.
- Due to the injury, Neuer missed six matches for Bayern in the closing stages of the season.
- He finished the season with 26 Bundesliga matches, 3 German Cup matches and 8 Champions League matches.
- On 11th June 2019, he had the 37th clean sheet in his international career, breaking a record set by Sepp Maier, in a UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying match between Germany and Estonia, which ended with an 8-0 thrashing victory for Germany.
What is the Net Worth of Manuel Neuer?
Manuel Neuer is a very talented footballer and he has accumulated a huge amount of money from his football career which is his major source of income. His net worth is estimated to be $40 million and a salary of $7.6 million as of 2020. He gets his remuneration from other earning sources that include Club deals/contracts, Sponsorship & Endorsement deals. He also has his own collection of the car which includes Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes, Sports cars. He is residing now in his House in Gelsenkirchen, West Germany.
Who is the Wife of Manuel Neuer?
Manuel Neuer is a married man. He was married to his longtime girlfriend, Nina Weiss. The couple tied the knot on 21st May 2017, in Tannheim, Austria, in a civil ceremony, and again it was followed by a church wedding in the Cathedral of Santissima della Madia in Monopoli, Italy on 10 July. Since they have just married they haven’t had any children yet.
How tall is Manuel Neuer?
Manuel is a handsome hunk with an athletic body build. He managed his body physically fit. He has got 6 ft 4 inch (1.93 m) in height and weighs 92 kg (202 lbs). He has got light blue colored eyes and brown colored short hairs. He has got an athletic body with body measurements of Chest 44 inches, Arms/Biceps 14 inches and waist 33 inches. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
Trivias About Manuel Neuer You Need To Know.
- He is also known as a “sweeper-keeper.”
- He started his career at Schalke 04.
- He was married to his longtime girlfriend, Nina Weiss.
- He attended the Gesamtschule Berger Feld, like many other notable soccer players such as Mesut Ozil.