Marc Cucurella - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Dating, Family, Salary, Height
Marc Cucurella is a Spanish professional footballer. Currently, he plays as a wide midfielder or left-back for Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion. At the international level, he represents the Spanish national team and has been included in the Spanish senior team since 2021. He was part of the Spain U23 side that won the silver medal at the 2020 Olympic Games.
Cucurella begin his football career with RCD Espanyol before joining FC Barcelona in 2012. He spent most of his time there in the reserve team, making a sole substitute appearance in the Copa del Rey for the first team. He went on to play over 100 La Liga games for Eibar and Getafe, before joining Brighton in 2021. He has won the Brighton & Hove Albion Player of the Season: 2021–22.
- Being a Spanish professional footballer.
- For his versatility and ability to play both as midfielder and defender.
When was Marc Cucurella born?
Marc Cucurella was born on 22nd July 1998 in Alella, a village in the comarca of Maresme in Catalonia, Spain. His birth name is Marc Cucurella Saseta. He holds a Spanish nationality and belongs to the Catalans (Latin) ethnic group. His star sign is Cancer. He has kept his faith in Christianity.
Cucurella was born as the eldest child to his father Oscar Cucurella and his mother Patricia Cucurella. He was raised along with his younger brother named Lucas and a sister. It was his mother who had always wanted Marc to be a footballer.
As his mother's desire, Cucurella started playing football from a very young age. He played futsal in his local home side club FS Alella before joining RCD Espanyol's youth teams in 2006.
What does Marc Cucurella do for a living?
- Marc Cucurella begins his early football career after joining the youth system of Spanish football club RCD Espanyol in 2006 where he played for six years till 2012.
- In 2012, he joined FC Barcelona's youth system and remained there for five years until 2017.
- He made his senior debut with the reserves by starting in a 4–0 Segunda División B in 2016.
- He made his professional debut on 1st September 2017 in a Segunda División (Laliga 2).
- Cucurella scored his first senior goal for Barça B on 17th March 2018.
- He was loaned to La Liga side SD Eibar on 31st August 2018.
- With Eibar's first team, he scored his first La Liga goal on 9th May 2018.
- In 2019, he was loaned to another La Liga side Getafe.
- He made his European debut on 19 September 2019 with Getafe's senior team.
- On 31 August 2021, Cucurella joined Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion on a five-year contract.
- He made his Premier League debut on 11th September 2021 against Brentford winning with a 1-0 goal scoreline.
- On 7 May 2022, he scored his first goal for the club.
- Currently, he is making regular appearances in the 2021-22 season of EPL with Brighton and they hold the 9th position.
Who is Marc Cucurella's Girlfriend?
Marc Cucurella is currently linked with his gorgeous and stunning girlfriend Claudia Rodríguez. By profession, Rodríguez is a successful fashion designer and also a model. Rodríguez and Cucurella begin dating in November 2018 and the beautiful pair have been together for four years. The couple often spends quality time together traveling and being there for each other in every high and low
While not married, they have already become parents of two sons: the older one Mateo Cucurella Rodríguez who was born in 2020, and the younger one Rio Cucurella Rodriguez born on 16th August 2021. The couple also frequently keeps on sharing beautiful pictures of their family on social media platforms.
What is the net worth of Marc Cucurella?
As of April 2022, the net worth of Marc Cucurella is estimated to be around €14 million. His current market value is €20 Million. In August 2021 the left-back signed a contract with Brighton & Hove Albion that nets him a whopping salary of 2.9 million euros annually. Apart from his football contract and salary, he earns additional income via endorsement deals, and bonuses too.
How tall is Marc Cucurella?
Marc Cucurella is 5 ft 8 inches tall and his body weight is 66 Kg. He has an Athletic build body. As a football player, he regularly does workouts and gym exercises to keep him fit and active. He has a curly hairstyle that is black in color. His eyes color are black as well. He always does heavy exercise which includes weight lifting, push-ups, Single-leg squats, Dumbbell bench step-ups, and others. He arrives every morning at the Brighton FC training center for warm-ups and training. He has got tattoos all over his body parts.
Trivias About Marc Cucurella You Need To Know.
- He made his senior international debut against Lithuania.
- His FIFA 22 rating is 79.
- His favorite holiday spot is Dubai.
- He loves to watch vampire movies.