Marc Guéhi - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Wife, Nationality, Age, Transfer
Addji Keaninkin Marc-Israel Guéhi professionally known as Marc Guéhi is an English professional football player who plays for Premier League club Crystal Palace and the England national team as a centre-back. He came through the youth system at Chelsea before spending two seasons on loan at Swansea City. On 18 July 2021, he joined Crystal Palace on a five-year contract for a reported fee of £18 million, making him the club's third-most expensive signing of all time, behind Christian Benteke and Mamadou Sakho. He made his debut for the club on 14 August 2021.
On the international level, he has represented England at various age levels. He has represented England at U16, U17, U18, U19, U20, U21, and the senior level. In May 2017, he captained the England U17 team at the UEFA European U17 Championship. He was part of the England U17 team that won the 2017 FIFA U17 World Cup in India. He made his senior international team debut for England on 26 March 2021.
What is Marc Guéhi Famous For?
- Being an English professional football player.
- For playing as a centre-back for Premier League club Crystal Palace.
- Won the 2017 FIFA U17 World Cup with England U17.
Where is Marc Guéhi From?
Marc Guéhi was born on 13 July 2000. His birthplace is Abidjan, Ivory Coast. His birth name is Addji Keaninkin Marc-Israel Guéhi. Detail about his parents has been kept secret and has not been disclosed yet. He moved to London, England aged one with his family seeking a new life away from West Africa. His father became the minister of their local church, meaning his childhood often focused on religion and education over football. He holds English nationality and he belongs to African ethnicity. Likewise, his religion is Christianity and as per his birth date, his zodiac sign is Cancer.
Marc Guéhi Club Career
- He started playing football for the youth team of Cray Wanderers in 2005 and played until 2007.
- After two years with the non-league clubs, in 2007, he joined the youth team of Chelsea and began his career at the club.
- Progressing through the youth ranks at Chelsea, he regularly featured for the U18s during their treble-winning campaign in 2017. In September 2017, he signed his first professional contract, for three years. The following season, he helped the U18s win a quadruple and reach the final of the UEFA Youth League.
- After progressing through the youth ranks, On 12 May 2019, he was named in a Premier League squad for the first time as a substitute in a 0-0 draw away to Leicester City.
- During his 2019-20 season, he featured as an unused substitute a further three times. On 17 September 2019, he was an unused substitute in a 1-0 defeat to Valencia in the UEFA Champions League. On 25 September 2019, he made his professional debut in a 7-1 win against Grimsby Town in the EFL Cup third round. His second and final appearance for the club came in a 2-1 defeat to Manchester United in the Fourth Round on 30 October 2019.
- On 10 January 2020, he joined Championship club Swansea City on loan for the remainder of the 2019-20 season. He made his debut for the club on 25 January 2020 in a 2-0 win against Stoke City. Following a three-month pause due to the COVID-19 pandemic, he was named on the bench twice before returning as a late substitute in a 1-1 draw against Millwall. On 5 July 2020, he made his first start in five months in a 2-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday. He then started in all five of Swansea's remaining league matches and helped guide the team to sixth place and a play-off position. He featured in both legs of the semi-final as Swansea lost 3-2 on aggregate to Brentford. During his loan spell at Swansea City, he made 14 appearances for the club in all the competitions.
- On 26 August 2020, he returned to Swansea City on loan for the 2020-21 season where he made 45 appearances for the club in all the competitions as Swansea City finished fourth in the league. That season, he also played every minute of their play-off campaign, beating Barnsley 2-1 across the semi-finals before a 2-0 final defeat to Brentford.
- On 18 July 2021, he joined Crystal Palace on a five-year contract for a reported fee of £18 million, making him the club's third-most expensive signing of all time, behind Christian Benteke and Mamadou Sakho. He made his debut for the club on 14 August 2021 in a 3-0 win against his former club Chelsea. On 20 November 2021, he scored his first professional goal in a 3-3 draw against Burnley.
Marc Guéhi International Career
- He has represented England at various age levels.
- He has represented England at U16, U17, U18, U19, U20, U21, and the senior level.
- In May 2017, he captained the England U17 team at the UEFA European U17 Championship.
- He was part of the England U17 team that won the 2017 FIFA U17 World Cup in India.
- In October 2018, he progressed to the England U19 team and scored in a friendly against Portugal. He also scored in the 2019 Elite Qualifiers against the Czech Republic and Denmark.
- In August 2019, he was included in an England U121 squad for the first time. On 6 September 2021, Lee Carsley confirmed him as captain of the England U21s.
- In March 2022, he received his first call-up to the England senior team for friendly matches against Switzerland and Ivory Coast.
- He made his senior international team debut for England on 26 March 2021 in a 2-1 win over Switzerland at Wembley Stadium.
Is Marc Guéhi Single or Dating?
Looking at his personal life, the footballer is focusing on his professional career. He might be dating a beautiful girl at present or might be single. He maintains his personal life private. Any updates on his love life will be updated here.
How tall is Marc Guéhi?
Marc Guéhi stands at a height of 1.82m i.e. 6 feet and 0 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 82kg. Moreover, he has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight. His other body measurement such as chest size, biceps size, and waist size is still got to get revealed yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
What is the Net Worth of Marc Guéhi?
Marc Guéhi is an English professional football player who currently plays for Premier League club Crystal Palace. He is a very successful footballer and his major source of earnings is from his football career. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. As of 2022, his net worth is believed to be €1 million where he received £254,800 as a yearly salary from his current club. His market value is around €30 million. With these massive earnings, he is living a luxurious lifestyle.
Trivias About Marc Guéhi You Need To Know.
- He started playing football at the age of 5.
- Born in Ivory Coast, he represents England at the international level.
- He made his senior international team debut for England on 26 March 2021.
- He wears shirt number 6 for Crystal Palace.