Marc Pilcher - Bio, Net Worth, Death, Wife, Age, Awards, Facts, Family
Marc Pilcher was a British hairstylist and make-up artist who was well-recognized for his work on the popular series, "Bridgeton" as he even jointly won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Hairstyling for his work on the drama in 2021.
Pilcher was internationally known for his hair styling and make-up work on the film, "Mary Queen of Scots" for which he was even nominated for the Academy Award for Best Makeup and Hairstyling in 2018.
He was also active on social media sites with over 8k followers on his Instagram: @marcelliotpilcher. However, Pilcher passed away on October 3, 2021, after testing positive for COVID-19 at age of 53.
What was Marc Pilcher famous for?
- Famous as an award-wining hairstylist and make-up artist.
- Known for his work in "Bridgeton".
Where was Marc Pilcher from?
Marc Pilcher was born in December 1967, in, England. His birth name was Marc Elliot Pilcher. His nationality was British while his ethnicity was White. Born and raised in Kent, Marc had a passion for his work related to fashion after high school he got enrolled at the London College of Fashion.
How Did Marc Pilcher Die?
Marc Pilcher who was just at the high peak of his career died quite soon. He was just 53 when he died after being tested positive for COVID-19 which led to his death weeks after his Emmy win in September 2021.
He even was tested negative when he went to Los Angeles for the award function, however, he became unwell shortly after his return, and his health worsened throughout the weekend.
It was an unusual death as he was double-vaccinated and had no underlying health issues. Several actors and renowned personalities paid a tribute to the artist. The Bridgeton team even paid tribute on the first episode of the show's second season.
The new season premiered on Friday, March 25, with an ‘In Memory of Marc Pilcher’ tribute set to appear in the episode’s credits.
Marc Pilcher Career: Highlights
- Marc Pilcher's career started initially with the theatre as a hairstylist and make-up artist, where he worked on productions; "Aspects of Love" and "Sunset Boulevard".
- He worked on numerous theater shows in London’s West End and around the UK for the next 15 years.
- He made his debut in the cinema and television industries in early 2000.
- He has worked for several films and shows prominently known for his work in “Beauty and the Beast,” “My Week with Marilyn,” “The Invisible Woman,” and “The Young Victoria.”
- He acclaimed international popularity when he worked on season 1 of the historical drama series, "Bridgeton".
- His work on the drama even earned him the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Hairstyling.
- His work in the film, "Mary Queen of Scots" earned him a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Makeup and Hairstyling in 2018.
Was Marc Pilcher Married?
Marc Pilcher's material status was never disclosed even at the time of his death. There were no rumors or any allegations related to his relationship throughout. He is supposed to have been single throughout his lifetime.
Marc Pilcher's Net worth
Marc Pilcher had earned a good amount of money from his profession as a hairstylist and make-up artist. Pilcher who was passionate about make-up and fashion had been working in this field for over a decade making him one of the most talented and brilliant ones in the field.
His works on several hit movies and dramas surely had his income high which was estimated to be around $500k.
Marc Pilcher's Height and Weight
Marc Pilcher was a good-looking man with a well-maintained body physique in his mid-50s at the time of his death. He had a height of 5ft. 10inches.(1.78m) while his body weight was around 78kg(172 lbs). He had a brown complexion with light brown hair and a pair of brown eyes.
Trivias About Marc Pilcher You Need To Know.
- He was even nominated for the Academy Award for Best Makeup and Hairstyling in 2018.