Last updated on March 22nd, 2022 at 04:17 pm
Facts About Marcão
|Age||27 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Marcos do Nascimento Teixeira|
|Place Of Birth||Londrina, Brazil|
|Height||6 ft. 1 inches|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Links||Facebook Twitter Instagram|
Marcos do Nascimento Teixeira professionally known as Marcão is a Brazilian professional football player who plays for the Turkish club Galatasaray as a central defender. He has previously played for Avai, Atletico Paranaense, Guaratingueta (loan), Ferroviaria (loan), Atletico Goianiense (loan), Rio Ave (loan), and Chaves.
On the international level, he hasn’t made any appearances for his country.
What is Marcão Famous For?
- Being a Brazilian professional football player.
- For playing as a central defender for Turkish club Galatasaray.
- Won the 2018-19 Super Lig with Galatasaray.
- Won the 2018-19 Turkiye Kupasi with Galatasaray.
- Won the 2019 Super Kupa with Galatasaray.
Where is Marcão From?
Marcão was born on 5 June 1996. His birthplace is Londrina, Brazil. His birth name is Marcos do Nascimento Teixeira. He holds Brazilian nationality. Likewise, his religion is Christianity and as per his birth date, his zodiac sign is Gemini. Detail about his parents has been kept secret and has not been disclosed yet. He grew up alongside his older brother, Dionatan who was also a professional footballer before he died of a heart attack at the age of 25.
Marcão Club Career
- He started playing football for the youth team of Avai and began his career at the club. He made his senior debut for the club on 12 April 2014 at the age of 17, in a 4-1 Campeonato Catarinense away loss against Chapecoense.
- In 2014, he subsequently moved to Atletico Paranaense. He made his debut for the club on 5 February 2015 in a 3-1 loss against Rio Branco for the Campeonato Paranaense championship.
- On 31 July 2015, he was loaned to Serie C club Guaratingueta where he made 8 appearances for the club in all the competitions.
- On 15 December 2015, he was loaned to Ferroviaria, along with other Atletico teammates. With his impressive performances, he became a regular starter for the club. During his loan spell at Ferroviaria, he made 14 appearances for the club in all the competitions.
- After his return to Atletico Paranaense from a loan, he made his Serie A debut for the club on 26 June 2016 in a 2-0 home win against Gremio. During his 2015-16 season, he made 10 appearances for the club in all the competitions.
- On 1 January 2017, he was loaned to Atletico Goianiense where he made only 1 appearance for the club in all the competitions.
- On 11 July 2017, he was loaned to Portuguese club Rio Ave for the 2017-18 season. He made his debut for the club on 7 August 2017 in a 1-0 win against Belenenses SAD. On 2 September 2017, he scored his first goal for the club in a 2-0 win against Cova Piedade in the second round of Taca de Portugal. During his loan spell at Rio Ave, he made 25 appearances for the club, scoring once in all the competitions.
- On 4 July 2018, he signed for Chaves for an undisclosed fee. He made his debut for the club on 29 July 2018 in a 3-5 penalties win against Arouca in the second round of the Allianz Cup. On 18 August 2018, he scored his first goal for the club in a 2-0 win against Portimonense. During his career at Chaves, he made 24 appearances for the club, scoring 3 goals and providing 1 assist in all the competitions.
- On 14 January 2019, he moved to the Turkish side, Galatasaray on a three-and-a-half-year contract for an initial fee of €4 million. He made his debut for the club on 19 January 2019 in a 6-0 win against Ankaragucu. In his first season, he made 21 appearances for the club in all the competitions as he won his first Super League and Turkish Cup championship with Galatasaray.
- During his 2019-20 season, he made 39 appearances for the club in all the competitions as Galatasaray won the Super Kupa that season.
- During his 2020-21 season, while Galatasaray lost the league championship with a goal difference, he became the most stable player of the Yellow-Red team in the Super League throughout the season. During that season, he made 42 appearances for the club, scoring once and providing 1 assist in all the competitions.
- On 22 May 2021, Galatasaray extended his contract for two more years. On 16 August 2021, during his fame against Giresunspor, he was sent off for head-butting and punching his teammate Kerem Aktürkoğlu.
Marcão International Career
- He hasn’t made any appearances for his country.
Is Marcão Married?
Looking at his personal life, he is a married guy. He got married to his beautiful girlfriend, Pan Teixeira who has been together for a long time. The couple is blessed with two daughters. He had shared a couple of pictures with his wife and daughters on his social media accounts. He has an intimate relationship with his wife and daughters where they are living their life happily together.
How tall is Marcão?
Marcão stands at a height of 1.85m i.e. 6 feet and 1 inch tall. He has a bodyweight of 80kg. Moreover, he has an athletic body build. His eye color and hair color are black. His sexual orientation is straight. His other body measurement such as chest size, biceps size, and waist size is still got to get revealed yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
What is the Net Worth of Marcão?
He is a very successful footballer and his major source of earning is from his football career. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. In January 2019, he moved to the Turkish side, Galatasaray on a three-and-a-half-year contract for an initial fee of €4 million. As of 2022, his salary is £1.2 million from his current club but his net worth is not revealed yet. His market value is around €15 million. Any updates on his net worth will be updated here soon.
Trivias About Marcão You Need To Know.
- His brother, Dionatan was also a professional footballer who died of a heart attack at the age of 25 in Londrina, Brazil on 5 November 2017.
- He hasn’t made any appearances for his country.
- He wears shirt number 45 for Galatasaray.