Marcelo Martins Moreno Bio, Net Worth, Age, Salary, Married, Wife, Family, Parents, Nationality, Height, Facts, Career, Current Team, Wiki, Birthday
Marcelo Martins Moreno is a talented Bolivian professional footballer who plays as a striker for Campeonato Brasileiro Serie B club Cruzeiro and captains the Bolivia national team. He became a member of the China League One team Shijiazhuang Ever Bright in 2019. He won the 2005 and 2007 Campeonato Baiano with Vitoria and the 2008-2009 UEFA Cup with Shakhtar Donetsk. With 28 goals, he is the national team's all-time top goalscorer. He is also considered one of the greatest Bolivian players of all time. He began his youth soccer career with Club Deportivo Oriente Petrolero in 2003. Marcelo was the Copa Libertadores de America Top Goalscorer in 2008 and the China League One Top Goalscorer in 2017. Moreover, Moreno scored his 20th international goal in a 2-3 defeat to Ecuador on 12th November 2020, equaling Joaquín Botero's all-time top goalscoring record for Bolivia.
- Being a talented Bolivian professional footballer.
- For playing as a striker for Campeonato Brasileiro Serie B club Cruzeir.
What is Marcelo Martins Moreno Nationality?
Marcelo Martins Moreno stepped for the very first time into the world on 18th June 1987 in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia. He is Bolivian by nationality and Bolivian-white by ethnicity. His religious belief is in the Christian religion. Moreno's present age is 34 which he recently celebrated in 2021. Thus, his race is white and his zodiac sign is Gemini. He was born to a Brazilian father (Mauro Martins, former footballer) and a Bolivian mother. He has not revealed anything about his siblings and education.
For which team, Marcelo Martins Moreno is playing for?
- Marcelo Martins Moreno jumps off his career at Oriente Petrolero, but moves to Vitoria, becoming the first choice in 2006, at the Campeonato Brasileiro Serie C where he scored 12 goals in the competition, four less than the top goalscorer.
- Then, he moved to Cruzeiro in the middle of 2017, becoming the first choice only in the next year, when he scored 8 goals at the 2008 Copa Libertadores, being the top goalscorer.
- He signed a five-year contract with Shakhtar Donetsk on 27th May 2008 and the Ukrainian club agreed to pay €9 million for the player.
- On 1st November, he scored a brace in a 3-1 league match win against Zorya Luhansk. Even though he had won the 2008-2009 UEFA Cup, on 29th May 2009 but he was unable to establish himself in Donetsk, Moreno joined German club Werder Bremen on loan.
- He scored a double in a 2009-2010 DFB-Pokal match that ended in a 5-0 victory against Union Berlin on 2nd August 2009 and Bremen terminated his contract and he returned to Shakhtar Donetsk on 29th January 2010.
- After returning to Shakhtar, Marcelo made a decent impression, scoring 7 times in 23 appearances. However, after being listed as a reserve the next season, Moreno joined Gremio in late December 2011 and signed a five-year contract with the Brazilian team starting in 2012. He was then loaned to Flamengo in the 2013 season and Cruzeiro in 2014.
- Later he transferred to the Chinese Super League side Changchun Yatai in February 2015 and his first season in China was successful, scoring 20+ goals in 53 games.
- In 2017 he signed for Wuhan Zall in the Chinese League One being the joint top scorer in his first season with 23 league goals.
- Moreno signed with Shijiazhuang Ever Bright in 2019. Although he only played 12 games with them, he scored 7 goals.
- He returned for his former club, Cruzeiro on 19th February 2020, signing with them for 3 seasons.
- Marcelo played for the Brazilian under-18 and under-20 sides at the youth level, becoming the first foreign player to be part of this youth setup and the fifth foreign player to wear the Brazilian national team's shirt in an official match, but chose to represent the Bolivian senior national team as a professional.
- On 12th September 2007, he received his first call-up for a friendly match against Peru and scored his first two international goals on 20th November 2007, during a 2010 World Cup qualifier against Venezuela.
- He scored both of Bolivia's goals against Uruguay in a 2-2 draw on 14th October 2008 and also opened the scoring in Bolivia's historic 6-1 victory over Diego Maradona's Argentina on 1st April 2009.
- In the October of the following year, he scored the winning goal in a 2-1 victory against powerhouse Brazil at Estadio Hernando Siles. He was included in the Bolivia squad for the 2015 Copa America in Chile.
- He scored the decisive goal in the team's second group match - a 3-2 defeat of Ecuador to give "La Verde" its first win at the Copa America since the 1997 tournament on 15th June.
- He was Bolivia's top scorer at the tournament with two goals, also being the only Bolivian player to score in the knockout stage as the side lost 1-3 to Peru in the quarter-finals.
- Marcelo announced his retirement from the national squad on 15th September 2015 together with then captain Ronald Raldes. However, he returned to the national squad in 2016 after Guillermo Angel Hoyos replaced Baldivieso.
- He scored his 20th international goal in a 2-3 defeat to Ecuador on 12th November 2020, equaling Joaquin Botero's all-time top goalscoring record for Bolivia.
Awards and Achievements
- Campeonato Baiano: 2005, 2007
- Campeonato Mineiro: 2008, 2014
- Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A: 2014
- UEFA Cup: 2008-2009
- Ukrainian Premier League: 2010-2011
- DFL-Supercup: 2009
- Copa do Brasil: 2013
- Copa Libertadores de America Top Goalscorer: 2008
- China League One Top Goalscorer: 2017
- Cruzeiro on 16/02/2020 for free
- Cangzhou Mighty Lions on 18/01/2019 for free
- Wuhan on 13/02/2017 for free
- Changchun Yatai on 11/02/2015 at 2.5M €
- Gremio on 31/12/2014 at the end of loan
- Cruzeiro on 01/01/2014
- Flamengo on 01/05/2013
- Gremio on 01/01/2012 at 6M €
- Wigan Athletic on 01/02/2010 at 685k € for Loan
- Shakhtar Donetsk on 31/12/2009 at the end of loan
- Werder Bremen on 01/07/2009 at 1.5M € for Loan
- Cruzeiro on 01/03/2007 at 300k €
- Vitoria on 01/01/2005 From Vitoria BA U19
Who is Marcelo Martins Moreno Wife?
Marcelo Martins Moreno is a married footballer. He has been married to his pretty wife Marilisy Antonelli in 2014. There's much love between the two. Basically, her understanding and their strong love bond have helped them stay glue for this long. Marcelo is also the father of a daughter named Maria. Talking about his sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Marcelo Martins Moreno Net Worth?
Marcelo Martins Moreno has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2021. He also earns a handsome amount of salary which is around $3.6 million per year. His current market value is €450Th as of 12th August 2021 whereas his highest market value was €6.00m as of 26th April 2008. In his short professional time also, he has established himself an identity already. In addition, Marcelo's major source of income is his football career.
What is the Height of Marcelo Martins Moreno?
Marcelo Martins Moreno stands at a tall height of 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in) with a balanced bodyweight of 87 kg. He has good-looking long dark brown hair and eyes color. His physique combined with his perfect height and masculine look takes him to the top of the desired list in the young gen women. Moreover, his body build type is athletic.
Did You Know?
- He married Marilisy Antonelli in 2014. They have a daughter named Maria.
- He began his youth soccer career with Club Deportivo Oriente Petrolero in 2003.
- He was the Copa Libertadores de America Top Goalscorer in 2008 and the China League One Top Goalscorer in 2017.
- He is considered one of the greatest Bolivian players of all time.
- With 28 goals, he is the national team's all-time top goalscorer.