Facts About Marco Reus
|Celebrated Name||Marco Reus|
|Age||34 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Rolls Reus|
|Birth Name||Marco Reus|
|Nationality||German and West German|
|Birth Nation||West Germany|
|Place Of Birth||Dortmund, West Germany|
|Awards||2011-12, 2013-14, 2018-19 Bundesliga Player of the Year, 2012, 2019 Footballer of the Year (Germany), German national Player of the Year, 2013-14 Borussia Dortmund Player of the Year, etc.|
|Sisters||Yvonne Reus and Melanie Reus|
|Height||5 ft. 11 inches|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Net Worth||$ 20 Million|
|Current Team||Borussia Dortmund|
Marco Reus is a German professional football player who plays for and captains Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund and the German national team. He started playing football for his hometown club Post-SV Dortmund in 1994 and joined the youth ranks of Borussia Dortmund in 1996. He played for the youth team of Dortmund until 2006 and moved to Rot Weiss Ahlen in the summer of 2006 where he made 6 appearances and scored 3 goals for Rot Weiss Ahlen's second team and made 44 appearances and scored 5 goals for Rot Weiss Ahlen senior team. On 25 May 2009, he signed a four-year contract with Bundesliga club Borussia Monchengladbach where he made 97 appearances and scored 36 goals for the club. On 4 January 2012, he returned to his hometown club Borussia Dortmund for a €17.1 million transfer fee on a five-year deal. He has spent his entire professional career at Borussia Dortmund, making over 200 appearances and scoring over 100 goals for the club. With Borussia Dortmund, he won three DFL-Supercups (in 2013, 2014, and 2019), and the DFB-Pokal in 2017. He has been named Bundesliga Player of the Season on three occasions.
On the international level, he has represented Germany at various age levels. He has represented Germany at U21 and the senior level. He made his Germany national team debut on 7 October 2011. He missed the 2014 FIFA World Cup, which Germany won, but played in UEFA Euro 2012 and the 2018 FIFA World Cup. With the Germany national team, he has only 44 caps, due to his recurring injuries in recent years.
What is Marco Reus Famous For?
- Being a professional football player.
- Won the 2007-08 Regionalliga Nord with Rot Weiss Ahlen.
- Won the 2013, 2014, 2019 DFL-Supercups with Borussia Dortmund.
- Won the 2017 DFB-Pokal with Borussia Dortmund.
- Won 2011-12, 2013-14, 2018-19 Bundesliga Player of the Year.
- Won the 2011-12 Bundesliga Breakthrough of the Season.
- Won 2012, 2019 Footballer of the Year (Germany).
- Won the 2018 German national Player of the Year.
- Won the 2013-14 Borussia Dortmund Player of the Year.
Where is Marco Reus From?
Marco Reus was born on 31 March 1989. His birthplace is Dortmund, West Germany. He was born his mother, Manuela Reus, and his father, Thomas Reus where he grew up with his two elder sisters, Yvonne Reus and Melanie Reus. Marco Reus is a native of Britain and not Germany which is contrary to popular belief. His father, Thomas Reus hails from England and was raised in Germany. His mother, Manuela Reus has a Russian heritage where she was also raised in Germany like her husband. He holds both German and West German nationality. He belongs to the white ethnicity. His religion is Christianity. His horoscope sign is Gemini.
Marco Reus Club Career
- He started playing football for his hometown club Post-SV Dortmund in 1994 and joined the youth ranks of Borussia Dortmund in 1996.
- He played for the youth team of Dortmund until 2006 and moved to Rot Weiss Ahlen in the summer of 2006 where he made 6 appearances and scored 3 goals for Rot Weiss Ahlen's second team and made 44 appearances and scored 5 goals for Rot Weiss Ahlen senior team. With Rot Weiss Ahlen, he won the 2007-08 Regionalliga Nord.
- On 25 May 2009, he signed a four-year contract with Bundesliga club Borussia Monchengladbach. On 28 August 2009, he scored his first Bundesliga goal in a 2-0 win against 1.FSV Mainz 05. During his 2009-10 season, he made 35 appearances and scored 8 goals in all the competitions.
- In his 2010-11 season, he made 37 appearances and scored 12 goals in all the competitions.
- On 19 November 2011, he scored his first-ever Bundesliga hat-trick in a 5-0 win against Werder Bremen. During his 2011-12 season, he made 37 appearances and scored 21 goals in all the competitions.
- From 2009-12, he made 109 appearances and scored 41 goals for Borussia Monchengladbach in all the competitions.
- On 4 January 2012, he returned to his hometown club Borussia Dortmund for a €17.1 million transfer fee on a five-year deal. He officially re-joined Dortmund on 1 July 2012. On 24 August 2012, he made his Bundesliga debut with Dortmund and scored a goal in a 2-1 win over Werder Bremen. On 29 September, he scored two goals for Dortmund in a 5-0 rout of his former club Borussia Monchengladbach. On 16 February 2013, he scored a hat-trick in a 3-0 win against Eintracht Frankfurt. In his first season, he made 49 appearances and scored 19 goals for the club where he also helped the club reaching the 2013 UEFA Champions League Final.
- On 27 July 2013, he scored the game's opening goal in a 4-2 win against Bayern Munich in the 2013 DFL-Supercup as Borussia Dortmund lifted the trophy. On 29 March 2014, he scored a hat-trick in a 3-2 win for Dortmund against VfB Stuttgart in the Bundesliga. On 8 April 2014, he scored twice in Borussia Dortmund's second leg 2-0 win against Real Madrid, though Dortmund was eventually knocked out of the competition after losing 3-2 on aggregate. He finished the 2013-14 season with 23 goals and 18 assists in all competitions.
- On 10 February 2015, he signed a contract extension with Dortmund, keeping him at the club until 2019. During his 2014-15 season, he made 29 appearances and scored 11 goals for the club.
- On 15 August 2015, he opened the 2015-16 league campaign with a goal and an assist in a 4-0 home win against his former club Borussia Monchengladbach. On 28 August 2015, he scored a hat-trick in their 7-2 home win against Odds BK to qualify for the 2015-16 UEFA Europa League. On 20 April 2016, he scored a goal in a won 3-0 away win against Hertha BSC in the semi-final of the DFB- Pokal. He finished the 2015-16 season with a total of 23 goals and 8 assists in 43 appearances in all the competitions.
- On 22 November 2016, he scored twice and assisted once in a historic 8-4 Champions League group stage win against Legia Warszawa where he also took the game ball for it was originally a hat-trick game by him. On 3 December 2016, he assisted three goals in their 4-1 win against his former club Borussia Monchengladbach. During the 2017 DFB-Pokal Final, he suffered a partial cruciate ligament tear and was substituted at halftime where his team went on to win the match, giving him his first major trophy. He finished the 2016-17 season with a total of 13 goals and 8 assists in 24 appearances in all the competitions.
- On 9 March 2018, he extended his contract with the club until 30 June 2023. On 21 April 2018, he scored twice in a 4-0 win over Bayer Leverkusen. In his 2017-18 season, he finished the season with a total of 7 goals and 1 assist in 15 appearances in all the competitions.
- At the start of the 2018-19 season, he was made club captain by incoming coach Lucien Favre. On 26 August 2018, he scored his 100th Bundesliga goal for Dortmund in a 4-1 win against RB Leipzig. On 27 September 2018, he scored two goals including his 100th goal for Borussia Dortmund across all competitions in a 7-0 victory over 1.FC Nurnberg. He ended the season with 21 goals and 14 assists in 36 appearances in all competitions.
- On 17 August 2019, he scored his first goal of the 2019-20 season in a 5-1 win against FC Augsburg. On 14 September 2019, he scored twice in a 4-0 home win against Bayern Leverkusen. Due to his muscle injury, he was kept out of the field for the rest of the season where he ended 2019-20 with 12 goals and 7 assists in 26 appearances in all competitions.
- On 6 April 2021, he scored a goal in a 1-2 loss to Manchester City in the 2020-21 UEFA Champions League quarter-finals and became Borussia Dortmund's all-time Champions League top scorer with 18 goals.
Marco Reus International Career
- He has represented Germany at various age levels.
- He has represented Germany at U21 and the senior level.
- He made his Germany U21 debut on 11 August 2009 in a friendly match against Turkey.
- On 7 October 2011, he made his German national team debut in a 1-3 win against Turkey.
- On 26 May 2012, he scored his first international in a 5-3 defeat to Switzerland.
- He missed the 2014 FIFA World Cup, which Germany won, but played in UEFA Euro 2012 and the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- With the Germany national team, he has only 44 caps, due to his recurring injuries in recent years.
Marco Reus Wife
Looking at his personal life, Marco Reus is a married guy. He got married to his beautiful girlfriend, Scarlett Gartmann in 2019. The couple is blessed with one daughter (born in March 2019). He has an intimate relationship with his love and daughter where they live happily together.
Marco Reus Height and Weight
Marco Reus stands at a height of 1.80m i.e. 5 feet and 11 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 71kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is green and his hair color is blonde. His sexual orientation is straight.
Marco Reus Net Worth and Salary
Marco Reus earns from his professional career as a football player. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. In the summer 2016, he moved to Rot Weiss Ahlen. In May 2009, he signed a four-year contract with Bundesliga club Borussia Monchengladbach. In January 2012, he returned to his hometown club Borussia Dortmund for a €17.1 million transfer fee on a five-year deal. As of 2021, his estimated net worth is $20 million and his salary is £10 million. His market value is around €15 million.
Trivias About Marco Reus You Need To Know.
- He started paying football at the age of 5.
- He wears shirt number 11 for Borussia Dortmund.
- He has said that, if he was not a professional football player, he would be a pilot.
- In December 2014, he was fined €540,000 for driving without a valid license, which constitutes a felony in Germany.
- He was the cover athlete of FIFA 17, after being voted in by a fans' poll organized by Electronic Arts.
- During the 2019-20 coronavirus pandemic, in March 2020, he and his wife, Scarlett, donated €500,000 to people and smaller businesses in need in his hometown of Dortmund.