Facts About Marcos Alonso
|Celebrated Name||Marcos Alonso|
|Age||32 Years Old|
|Nick Name||The Pigeon|
|Birth Name||Marcos Alonso Mendoza|
|Place Of Birth||Madrid, Spain|
|Father||Marcos Alonso Peña|
|Grand Parents||Marcos Alonso Imaz|
|Height||6 ft. 2 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Net Worth||€19 Million|
|Links||Facebook Twitter Instagram|
Marcos Alonso Mendoza is a Spanish professional football player who plays for Premier League club Chelsea and the Spain national team as a left-back or wing-back. He started playing football for the youth team of Real Madrid in 1999 and began his career at the club. He made his senior team debut for the club on 4 April 2010. He then went on to make his name with Bolton Wanderers in England and later with Fiorentina in Italy. His success at the latter club led Chelsea to sign him for an estimated £24 million on 31 August 2016, going on to win multiple honours with the club including a Premier League and UEFA Champions League title.
On the international level, he has represented Spain at various age levels. He has represented Spain at U19 and the senior level. He made his international team debut for the club on 27 March 2018, making him the first Spanish family to have three generations of internationals and seventh worldwide.
What is Marcos Alonso famous for?
- Being a Spanish professional football player.
- For playing as a left-back or wing-back plays for Premier League club Chelsea.
Where is Marcos Alonso from?
Marcos Alonso Mendoza was born on 28 December 1990. His birthplace is Madrid, Spain. He was born to his father, Marcos Alonso Peña, and his mother whose name is unknown. He grew up alongside his brother, Miguel Mendoza. His grandfather, Marcos Alonso Imaz, played with Real Madrid's first team for eight years. His father, Marcos Alonso Peña, played several seasons in Spain's top flight, most notably for Atletico Madrid and Barcelona, and both represented Spain at senior level. He holds Spanish nationality. He belongs to the white ethnicity. His religion is Catholic. His horoscope sign is Capricorn.
Who did Marcos Alonso play for?
- He started playing football for the youth team of Real Madrid in 1999 and began his career at the club. In 2008, he reached Real Madrid Castilla which competed in Segunda Division B, and first appeared for the reserve team on 22 February 2008 in a 0-1 home loss against AD Alcorcon. On 11 December 2009, he got an opportunity to play a La Liga match against Valencia CF but did not make the final list of 18.
- He made his senior team debut for the club on 4 April 2010 in a 2-0 away win against Racing de Santander.
- On 27 July 2010, he was signed by the English club Bolton Wanderers for an undisclosed fee. He made his competitive debut for the club on 24 August 2010 in a 1-0 win against Southampton FC. On 1 January 2011, he made his first appearance for the club, starting for suspended Paul Robinson in a 1-2 away loss to Liverpool at Anfield. In his first season, he made 9 appearances for the club in all the competitions.
- On 31 March 2012, he scored his first goal for the club in a 3-2 win against Wolverhampton Wanderers. During his 2011-12 season, he made 7 appearances for the club, scoring once in all the competitions.
- During his 2012-13 season, he made 30 appearances for the club, scoring 4 goals and providing 2 assists in all the competitions as he was voted The Bolton News’ player of the year, winning 37% of the vote.
- On 1 July 2013, he signed for the Italian side ACF Fiorentina on a three-year deal on a free transfer. He made his debut for the club on 22 August 2013 in a 2-1 win against Grasshoppers in the qualifying round 1st leg of Europa League.
- On 1 January 2014, he joined Sunderland on loan until the end of the 2013-14 campaign. He played his first match with the club on 7 January 2014 in a 21 home win over Manchester United for the League Cup semi-final first leg and was given the man of the match award by Sky Sports. On 2 March 2014, he played in the final of the competitions, not being able to prevent a 3-1 loss against Manchester City. During his loan spell at Sunderland, he made 20 appearances for the club, providing 2 assists in all the competitions.
- Upon his return from loan, he became a regular for ACF Fiorentina. On 19 March 2015, he scored his first goal for the club in a 3-0 win against AS Roma for the round of 16 of the UEFA Europa League. During his 2014-15 season, he made 35 appearances for the club, scoring 2 goals and providing 3 assists in all the competitions.
- During his 2015-16 season, he made 39 appearances for the club, scoring 3 goals and providing 4 assists in all the competitions.
- On 31 August 2016, he signed a five-year contract with Chelsea worth around £24 million. He made his debut on 20 September 2016, playing the full 120 minutes in a 4-2 win away to Leicester City for the EFL Cup. He made his league debut for the club on 24 September 2016 in a 3-0 loss against Arsenal. On 5 November 2016, he scored his first goal for the club in a 5-0 victory against Everton at Stamford Bridge. During his 2016-17 season, he made 35 appearances for the club, scoring 6 goals and 3 assists in all the competitions as Chelsea won the Premier League that season.
- In April 2018, he came under extensive criticism for seemingly purposely digging the studs of his boots into Shane Long’s leg during a tackle in a league game against Southampton. He was not reprimanded in any way by referee Mike Dean- who came under similar criticism - but was later charged with violent conduct by The Football Association and later issued a three-match ban. During his 2017-18 season, he made 46 appearances for the club, scoring 8 goals and 4 assists in all the competitions as Chelsea won the FA Cup that season.
- He opened his goal account of the 2018-19 season on 18 August 2018, scoring the 3-2 winner in the 81st minute of the home fixture against Arsenal. During that season, he made 39 appearances for the club, scoring 4 goals and 7 assists in all the competitions as Chelsea won the UEFA Europa League that season.
- On 19 October 2019, he scored his first goal of the 2019-20 season in a 1-0 win against Newcastle United. During that season, he made 29 appearances for the club, scoring 4 goals and 3 assists in all the competitions.
- On 31 January 2021, he scored his first goal of the 2020-21 season in a 2-0 home against Burnley, helping new head coach Thomas Tuchel to his first victory. On 8 May 2021, he scored the winning goal against Manchester City as Chelsea won 2-1 at the Etihad Stadium. During that season, he made 17 appearances for the club, scoring 2 goals in all the competitions as Chelsea won the UEFA Champions League that season.
- On 14 August 2021, he scored Chelsea's opening goal of the 2021-22 season, from a free-kick in a 3-0 home win against Crystal Palace. On 11 September 2021, he captained the club for the first time in a 3-0 win against Aston Villa.
Marcos Alonso International Career
- He has represented Spain at various age levels.
- He has represented Spain at U19 and the senior level.
- On 16 March 2018, he received his first call-up for the Spain national team for friendlies against Germany and Argentina later that month.
- He made his international team debut for the club on 27 March 2018 in a 6-1 friendly against Argentina, making him the first Spanish family to have three generations of internationals and seventh worldwide.
- PFA Premier League Team of the Year
Marcos Alonso Mendoza Net Worth 2022
Marcos Alonso earns from his professional career as a football player. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. In August 2016, he signed a five-year contract with Chelsea worth around £24 million. As of 2022, his estimated net worth is around €19 million and his salary is £5.2 million. His market value is around €15 million.
Who is Marcos Alonso dating?
Looking at his personal life, he is not married. He is focusing on his professional career. He might be dating a beautiful girl at present or might be single. He has not shared any pictures of himself with any girls on his social media accounts. Any updates on his love life will be updated here.
How tall is Marcos Alonso?
Marcos Alonso stands at a height of 1.88m i.e. 6 feet and 2 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 85kg. Moreover, he has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is brown. His sexual orientation is straight. His other body measurement such as chest size, biceps size, and waist size is still got to get revealed yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
Trivias About Marcos Alonso You Need To Know.
- He started playing football at the age of 9.
- His grandfather, Marcos Alonso Imaz, played with Real Madrid's first team for eight years. His father, Marcos Alonso Peña, played several seasons in Spain's top flight, most notably for Atletico Madrid and Barcelona, and both represented Spain at senior level.
- On 2 May 2011, he rammed his car into a wall, which resulted in the death of a 19-year-old woman. According to reports, he was driving at a speed of 70 mph in a 30 mph zone. He was also driving under the influence when the accident took place. In February 2016, he was sentenced to 21 months in prison. However, the punishment was later reduced as he was asked to cough up a fine of €61,000. Also, he was banned from driving for three years and four months.
- He wears shirt number 3 for Chelsea.