Facts About Marcus Smith
|24 Years Old
|Marcus Sebastian Smith
|Rugby Union Player
|Place Of Birth
|Luc and Tomas
|College / University
|Source of Wealth
Marcus Smith is a Filipino-English professional rugby union player. His playing position is fly-half and he is currently playing for Premiership Rugby side Harlequins. He was signed by the Harlequins Rugby Union Club in 2017. He made his Harlequins debut on 2 September 2017 in the tour of Premiership against London Irish wearing the No. 10 jersey. He has also made appearances as a member of the English national rugby team. He made his international test debut on 4 July 2021 against the United States. He was selected for the tour of British and Irish Lions 2021 because of injury cover for Finn Russell. He made the British and Irish Lions debut on 17th July 2021 against the Stormers.
What is Marcus Smith Famous For?
- Being a Rugby Union Player.
- Playing at fly-half for premiership Rugby side Harlequins.
What Ethnicity is Marcus Smith?
Marcus Smith was born on 14th February 1999. He is from Manila, Philippines. As per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Aquarius. He follows the Christianity religion. He cut his 23rd birthday cake as of 2022. His ethnicity is Mixed and he holds Filipino-English nationality. He was born to an English father, Jeremy Smith, and a Filipina mother, Suzanne Smith. Suzanne met Jeremy in Hong Kong. He has two siblings namely Luc and Tomas. During his early childhood, he began playing rugby union at age seven for Centaurs RFC after his family moved to Singapore. When he was thirteen, his family moved to the United Kingdom and Smith obtained a scholarship for his education.
About his education, he attended Brighton College where he captained the school's 1st XV. Smith, the fly-half was named Player of the Tournament at the 2016 St Joseph's Rugby Festival.
Marcus Smith Career Timeline
- Marcus initially represented Harlequins at the 2016 Premiership Rugby Sevens Series.
- As part of the Harlequin Elite Player Development Group (EPDG) in the 2016-2017 season, he played five fixtures for the Harlequin U18s Academy side where he scored two tries, one each against London Irish and Saracens.
- Next, he was promoted from the EPDG up to the full-time Academy starting in June-March of the year 2017.
- Likewise, he was named in the 12-man senior squad, alongside Brighton College graduate Calum Waters, for the 2017 Singha Premiership Rugby Sevens at Franklin's Gardens.
- Likewise, he scored two tries against London Irish on the first day and assisted Harlequins in reaching the club semi-final before losing out to Newcastle Falcons.
- He made his professional debut wearing the number 10 jersey for the senior Harlequins side on 2nd September of 2017 in the Premiership Rugby London Double Header fixture against London Irish at Twickenham Stadium.
- He next played in the Premiership final against Exeter Chiefs on 26th June 2021 as Harlequins won the game 40–38 in the highest-scoring Premiership final ever, which included four conversions from Smith's boot.
- In the Heineken Champions Cup match between Harlequins and Castres Olympique on 1st January 2022, he scored the final conversion after Alex Dombrandt scored the final try, giving Harlequins a win of 36 to 33.
Marcus Smith International Career Timeline
- Regarding his international career, Smith appeared in his first England match in a U-16s against Wales in April 2015.
- After that, he represented the England under-20 team against Italy in the 2017 Six Nations Under 20s Championship and then in April 2017 scored a try for the England under-18 team against Ireland.
- Additionally, he also took part in the training session with the elite senior England Squad for the Old Mutual Wealth Cup match against Barbarians.
- Next, he was named in the England U18s squad for a tour of South Africa in August 2017 but his name was removed before the tour. He was later named in Eddie Jones' pre-season senior England training squad on 3rd August 2017.
- Likewise, he was named in the 33-man England training squad for a camp in Oxford on 22nd September 2017.
- On 26th October, he was called into the England squad for the Autumn international series. Moreover, he was also part of the training squad during the 2018 Six Nations Championship.
- He was named in the England U20 squad for the 2018 World Rugby Under 20 Championship in France.
- He declined selection for the 2019 World Rugby Under 20 Championship.
- After that, he made his non-capped England debut on 2 June 2019 against the Barbarians.
- On 4th July 2021, he made his full England test debut against the United States where he contributed 13 points, including a try, in a 43–29 victory.
- He also earned his second start against Canada six days later, with a faultless kicking display in a 70–14 win for England.
- In the 2021 Autumn rugby union internationals, he scored a try as a second-half replacement against Tonga on 6th November and kicked five conversions.
- He next started the match against Australia the following week as fly-half but often stood outside Owen Farrell until Farrell went off injured in the second half.
- He also played a full match at fly-half against South Africa on 20th November, kicking three conversions and two penalties, one in the last minute to give England the victory by a single point.
- England's 2022 Six Nations season opened with the Calcutta Cup fixture away at Murrayfield in Edinburgh on 5th February.
- Smith started at number 10 and his performance was highly praised.
- In the subsequent Six Nations game against Italy, he played for the full 80 minutes and scored England's first try.
- For his performance, he was awarded Man of the Match, and again he was awarded in their next game against Wales.
- On 10 July, he was called up to the 2021 British and Irish Lions squad as injury cover for Finn Russell, and on 17th July, he made his British and Irish Lions debut where he played at fly-half for the full 80 minutes against the Stormers where he converted all 7 tries successfully for a 49–3 win for the Lions.
Who is Marcus Smith Girlfriend?
Marcus Smith is not married yet but he is in a relationship with his hot girlfriend. He is dating a fashion model and aspiring singer whose name goes by Beth Dolling. His partner, Beth is associated with M Models Management. Since May 2020, they are together and at present, their bond is very strong. His sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Marcus Smith Net Worth and Salary?
Marcus Smith is a talented rugby player whose net worth is estimated to have $1 Million as of March 2022. His present salary is around $755,000 annually from his current team. His main source of wealth is from his rugby profession and he is living a cool lifestyle at present.
How tall is Marcus Smith?
Marcus Smith is a young and handsome man who stands at the height of five feet seven inches or 1.70 m and his balanced bodyweight consist of 82 Kg or 181 lbs. He has a pair of black eyes and his hair color is brown. Smith's body measurement such as chest size, waist size, bicep size, shoe size, and more is still to get unfolded yet. He has got a healthy body at present and he is very conscious about his food intake. His body type is athletic.
Trivias About Marcus Smith You Need To Know.
- Marcus was signed by the Harlequins Rugby Union Club in 2017.
- His playing position is fly-half.
- He made his international test debut on 4 July 2021 against the United States.
- He attended Brighton College where he captained the school's 1st XV.
- Aquarius is his zodiac sign.