Last updated on August 24th, 2023 at 11:34 pm
Facts About Maria Shriver
|Celebrated Name||Maria Shriver|
|Age||67 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Maria Shriver|
|Birth Name||Maria Owings Shriver|
|Profession||Author , Journalist|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Chicago, Illinois, U.S|
|School||Stone Ridge School|
|College / University||Manhattanville College|
|Educational Qualification||B.A Degree in American History|
|Height||5 feet 5 inches|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Marital Status||Divorced - Single|
|Husband||Arnold Schwarzenegger (M. 1986; Div. 2011)|
|Body Measurement||34-25-35 inches|
|Net Worth||$100 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Media Industry|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Maria Shriver is a famous American journalist and activist known for her long career with NBC. She was also the First Lady of California for seven years as the then-wife of Arnold Schwarzenegger, a well know actor, businessman, and former Governor of California. Shriver also hosted as well co-produced a TV program named 'The Alzheimer's Project'. It won her two Emmy Awards. She returned to NBC after her divorce from Schwarzenegger. She currently serves as a special anchor and correspondent for NBC. Here are some lesser-known facts about Maria Shriver.
Who are the parents of Maria Shriver?
Recalling her early life, Shriver was born in Chicago, Illinois to parents politician Sargent Shriver and activist Eunice Kennedy Shriver. She became interested in the world of politics at an early age as she is the niece of United States President John F. Kennedy. She is of American nationality. Furthermore, she belongs to a mixed ethnic background of German, Irish, Scottish, English, Dutch, and French Huguenot.
Talking about her education, Shriver attended Westland Middle School in Bethesda. Additionally, she also attended Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart and graduated in 1973. Eventually, she studied at Manhattanville College for two years, then transferred to Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. She has a Bachelor of Arts degree in American studies.
What is the profession of Maria Shriver?
- Shriver initially started her career in journalism with KYW-TV in Philadelphia. From August 1985 until August 1986, she co-anchored ‘The CBS Morning News’.
- Additionally, later, she also anchored on ‘NBC News’s Sunday Today’, ‘NBC Nightly News’, and ‘Dateline NBC’. After her husband became the 38th Governor of California, she started serving as the First Lady of California. Some of the projects that Shriver has worked on in her career are The Alzheimer’s Project and The Shriver Report.
- Apart from her career in politics, she has also authored several books to date. Some of them are ‘Ten Things I Wish I’d Known Before I Went Out into The Real World (2000)', ‘What’s Heaven?’ (2007), ‘Just Who Will You Be? Big Question, Little Book, Answer Within (2008)’ and 'I've Been Thinking...: Reflections, Prayers, and Meditations for a Meaningful Life (2018)'.
- As the first lady of California, she created initiatives to focus on the needs of women, developmentally disabled, and military families. Furthermore, she has also been involved in several charities and causes including Best Buddies, and Special Olympics. She currently serves as a special anchor and correspondent for NBC.
What are the achievements of Maria Shriver?
Shriver has won two Emmy Awards and an Academy of Television Arts & Sciences award as executive producer of ‘The Alzheimer’s Project’. Additionally, she received the Shinnyo-en Foundation’s 2009 Pathfinders to Peace Award in 2009.
On April 30, 2013, NBC announced that Shriver would join the network again as a special anchor working on issues surrounding the shifting roles of women in American life. On October 18, 2013, Shriver returned to the anchor desk on Today, filling-in for Savannah Guthrie for the first time since 1998 as co-anchor with Matt Lauer.
Who is Maria Shriver married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Maria Shriver was previously married to Austrian bodybuilder and actor Arnold Schwarzenegger. They met at a charity tennis tournament being held at her mother’s home. The pair later married on April 26, 1986. Their wedding ceremony took place in Hyannis, Massachusetts, at St. Frances Xavier Roman Catholic Church. The couple has four children: Katherine Eunice, Christina Maria Aurelia, Patrick Arnold, and Christopher Sargent Shriver.
Shriver and Schwarzenegger announced their separation after 25 years of marriage on May 9, 2011. Additionally, in 2013, she began dating political consultant Matthew Dowd. At present, she is single and her divorce from Arnold has been finalized in 2011, citing "irreconcilable differences".
How much net worth does Maria Shriver?
With countless hours of on-screen time under her belt and tones of businesses that have grown in value, coupled with her divorce settlement back in 2011, Maria Shriver's net worth is estimated to be around $100 million at present. However, we have no details as to her annual salary earnings.
How tall is Maria Shriver?
Talking about her body measurement, Shriver has a height of 5 feet 5 inches. Additionally, she weighs around 125 lbs. She has a measurement of 34-25-35 inches. Furthermore, her hair color is dark brown and her eye color is blue. She has a dress size and shoe size of 4 (US) and 8 (US) respectively.
Trivias About Maria Shriver You Need To Know.
- Inducted into the Hair Fan's Hall of Fame in 2015.
- First lady of California (2003-2011).