Last updated on August 23rd, 2023 at 07:22 am
Facts About Maria Taylor
|Celebrated Name||Maria Taylor|
|Age||36 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Suzette Maria Taylor|
|Place Of Birth||Alpharetta, Georgia, U.S|
|Birth Nation||United States of America|
|High School||Centennial High School|
|College / University||Georgia Tech University|
|Net Worth||$2 Million|
|Salary||$69 Thousand (Annually)|
|Height||6 feet 2 inches|
|Source of Wealth||Media Industry|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
ESPN is one of the leading sports channels in the USA. As such, anyone who is a sports fan and a frequent viewer of the channel should be familiar with Maria Taylor, one of the notable analysts on the sports network.
Her position as a sports analyst on the show is not only an impressive achievement on a personal level but one for the break down of the stereotypes about women and their position in sports. She has been working as a reporter since 2009, having retired from her active playing days as a basketball and volleyball player. Let's explore more about the talented ESPN sports analyst through this article.
What is Maria Taylor famous for?
- An analyst and host for ESPN and the SEC Network.
Where is Maria Taylor from?
Recalling her early life, Taylor was born in Alpharetta, Georgia, United States. Her nationality is American and ethnicity is Afro-American. Her mother’s name is Suzette Taylor and father’s name is Steve Taylor. She seems to be a single child as there is no information about her siblings. She was interested in sports since her childhood and early life days.
Where did Maria Taylor go to college?
Concerning her education, Taylor attended Centennial High School in the year 2005, which is the University of Georgia and graduated after four years in 2009.
Similarly, She played volleyball and basketball while she was in her college and was a part of the Volleyball Junior National A2 team. Due to her good performance, she received an athletic scholarship to the University of Georgia, where she continued to play volleyball and basketball from 2005-2009.
When did Maria Taylor pursue sports broadcasting career?
- Moving towards her career, Taylor started her career as a host and reporter for the largest collegiate sports marketing company which represented numerous colleges plus the NCCA; IMG college at the University of Georgia for three years.
- Presently, She is successfully working as an analyst and host for ESPN and SEC Network. She joined as the reporter with SEC Network in her third season.
- Then, she serves as a college football reporter for ESPN with Brent Jesse Palmer and Musburger. She even works as a women’s volleyball and basketball analyst.
- She also started working weekly on Saturday night primetime college football telecast on ESPN2 as the sideline reporter and also cover up the annual bowl game for ESPN.
- She has been working as an analyst for the NCCA women basketball selection show. She covered both the NCCA Women Basketball Tournament preview show and women volleyball championship & ESPN NCCA women basketball Tournament.
- Then, she also made her appearance on numerous studio shows such as sportsNite, SEC Men’s basketball Tonight and Dawg Report.
- Likewise, She is also experienced in working with the ACC Digital Network and Fox Sports South where she worked as a freelance women basketball analyst. Also, she worked for Raycom sports as a freelance women basketball analyst.
- Subsequently, she was a host and reporter for the 2018 College Football Playoff National Championship between the University of Alabama and the University of Georgia.
Who is Maria Taylor married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Taylor was married Rodney Blackstock on a beach on 5th May 2019, in the company of friends and family. Rodney Blackstock is the director of sports marketing at Q4 SPORTS.
The pair met way back in 2014 at a Charlotte Hornets’ game. Three years from that moment, Rodney proposed with a halo floral-inspired ring and this time Maria was ready to get married. Presently, Things are going great for the couple!
How much is Maria Taylor's worth?
Being an analyst and host for ESPN, Taylor earns a decent amount of money and popularity from her profession in the field of the media industry. Based on some online reports, her current estimated net worth said to be $2 million. Similarly, She has around $69,000 as an annual salary by ESPN.
How tall is Maria Taylor?
Observing her body physics, Taylor has a tall body with a height of 6 feet 2 inches and her weight is 132 lbs. Her hair color and eye color both are black. Similarly, She has a pretty smile but and details on her body measurements, shoe size, dress size, etc., are unknown.