Marina Ovsyannikova - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Age, Nationality, Wiki
Marina V. Ovsyannikova is a Russian anti-war protester and TV producer who is excellently known as Marina Ovsyannikova. She was employed on the Channel One Russia TV channel, Russia's second most viewed channel. She previously worked for Russia's main evening newscast Vremya since the beginning of the 2000s. She also worked for the All-Russia State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company (VGTRK). Since 1997, she was a journalist for the "Kuban" TV channel which was a regional subsidiary of VGTRK, and a favorite of its head Vladimir Runov, who is claimed to have helped her enter RANEPA. She interrupted a state-controlled Russian TV news broadcast to protest against the Russian invasion of Ukraine in 2022, which made international news headlines. Marina was arrested, held without access to her lawyer, fined, and later released. As well, she was hired for Channel One Russia's main evening newscast Vremya.
Marina Ovsyannikova tells of 14-hour interrogation
Marina Ovsyannikova has been fined and released after she protested against the war in Ukraine on a live TV news program and made an anti-war video. She was detained after she ran onto the set on Monday holding a sign saying "no war". She said she had been questioned for 14 hours and not slept for two days, and was not given access to legal help. The 30,000 roubles (£214; $280) fine relates to her video message. She had pleaded not guilty to the charge of organizing an unauthorized public event.
In the video, she called on the Russian people to protest against the war, saying only they have the power to "stop all this madness". "Don't be afraid of anything. They can't imprison us all," she said. After the court hearing, Ms. Ovsyannikova told reporters that she needed to rest after two days without sleep. "The interrogation lasted for more than 14 hours, I wasn't allowed to get in touch with my family or friends, I was denied access to a lawyer," she said. She also stressed that she came up with the idea of the protest alone.
"It was my anti-war decision. I made this decision by myself because I don't like Russia starting this invasion. It was really terrible," she said in English as she left the courthouse. Ms. Ovsyannikova, who said her father was Ukrainian, said the whole world had turned against Russia. "The next 10 generations won't be able to clean themselves from the shame of this fratricidal war." Ukraine's President Zelensky also praised her for "telling the truth".
- Being a Russian anti-war protester and TV producer.
- For being employed on the Channel One Russia TV channel, Russia's second most viewed channel.
Where is Marina Ovsyannikova from?
Marina Ovsyannikova opened her eyes for the very first time on 19th June 1978 in Odessa, Ukraine. She holds Russian nationality although she was born in Ukraine. She came from a mixed ethnic background as her mother is Russian and her father is Ukrainian. Likewise, her religion is Christian and her race is white. Marina has celebrated her 43rd birthday as of 2021 and as per her birth date, her star sign is Gemini. She has not shared any details regarding her parents.
Regarding Marina's education, she graduated from Kuban State University and later from the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA).
What does Marina Ovsyannikova do for a living?
- Marina Ovsyannikova began her career working for the All-Russia State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company (VGTRK) after which she became a journalist for the "Kuban" TV channel in 1997.
- She was hired for Channel One Russia's main evening newscast Vremya at the start of the 2000s and gave an interview to the Yuga.ru news site in 2002.
- On 14th March 2022, during a live broadcast related to the Russian invasion of Ukraine on the evening news program Vremya, which had millions of viewers, she appeared behind the news anchor, Ekaterina Andreeva, carrying a poster stating in a mix of Russian and English.
- She also posted a pre-recorded video on Telegram saying she was "ashamed of working for Kremlin propaganda".
- As well, Marina is the first Russian journalist to protest on-air, although 20 journalists for RT had previously resigned in protest of the invasion.
- Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy thanked Ovsyannikova during one of his broadcasts on 15th March and French president Emmanuel Macron offered Ovsyannikova protection at the French embassy or thru asylum.
Who is Marina Ovsyannikova Husband?
Marina Ovsyannikova is a married woman. She is married to Igor Ovsyannikov, a television director for RT. The couple is reported by one source as being "recently separated". As of 2022, Ovsyannikova currently lives in New Moscow with her two children. Furthermore, talking about her sexual orientation, she is straight.
How much is Marina Ovsyannikova Net Worth?
Marina Ovsyannikova has a net worth of between $500,000 to $1 million as of 2022 whereas her exact amount of salary has not been disclosed yet. With her hard work and luck by her side, she can double the amount of wealth she has today. In addition, her major source of income is from her anti-war protester and TV producer career and she is sincere in her work.
What is the Height of Marina Ovsyannikova?
Marina Ovsyannikova stands at an ideal height of 5 feet and 6 inches and her body weighs around 58 kg. She has blonde hair and hazel eyes color. She had the perfect body combined with good looks. Marina could carry off any look with great simplicity. Additionally, her body build type is slim.
Trivias About Marina Ovsyannikova You Need To Know.
- She was arrested, held without access to her lawyer, fined, and later released.
- In 2022, she interrupted a state-controlled Russian TV news broadcast to protest against the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- Her mother is Russian and her father is Ukrainian.
- In 2002, she gave an interview to the Yuga.ru news site.
- Ovsyannikova is the first Russian journalist to protest on air, although 20 journalists for RT had previously resigned in protest of the invasion.