Mario Gavranovic - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Wife, Nationality, Age, Parents, Family, Height, Transfer News, Wiki, Teams Played, Awards, Facts, Career
Mario Gavranovic is a Swiss professional football player. Gavranovic plays as a forward for Prva HNL club Dinamo Zagreb and the Switzerland national team. He started his senior football career in Lugano and later played for Yverdon-Sport, Neuchatel Xamax, Schalke 04, Mainz 05, Zurich, and Rijeka before joining Dinamo Zagreb in 2018. He has won several club trophies with the clubs he played, the most with Dinamo Zagreb. He has won consecutive Prva HNL since he joined Zagreb in 2018.
On the international level, Gavranovic represented Switzerland national team at various age levels. He made his senior international debut in 2011.
What is Mario Gavranovic Famous For?
- Won consecutive Prva HNL with Dinamo Zagreb.
Where is Mario Gavranovic From?
Mario Gavranovic was born on 24 November 1989. His birth place is in Lugano in Switzerland. He holds Swiss nationality. He belongs to the Bosnian Croat ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. He was born to Bosnian Croat parents. The family moved from Gradacac, Bosnia and Herzegovina to Lugano, Switzerland one year before Gavranovic was born.
Mario Gavranovic Career
- Mario Gavranovic started playing football at an early age.
- He started his football career by joining the youth setup of AS Vezia in 1996.
- In 2000, he joined the youth setup of Team Ticino, the youth academy of FC Lugano.
- He was promoted to Lugano's first team in 2006.
- He played two seasons with the club scoring 8 goals in the 2007-08 season.
- He signed with Yverdon-Sport in 2008. He scored 8 goals in the 2008-09 season.
- He joined Neuchatel Xamax for the 2009-10 season. He scored 10 goals in all competitions for the club.
- He was then signed by the German club, Schalke O4 in February 2010.
- Schalke 04 loaned him to fellow Bundesliga club Mainz for a season in August 2011.
- He did not get enough playing time at Schalke 04. Thus, he left the club to join FC Zurich on a free transfer in May 2012.
- His only club title with Schalke 04 was the 2010-11 DFB-Pokal.
- He was one of the key players for Zurich that won the Swiss Cup in 2014 and 2016.
- He was sidelined in 2014 due to the injury he sustained in the training at the World Cup.
- He scored 37 goals in 110 appearances for all competitions while in Zurich. he had scored 17 goals in the 2013-14 season.
- He left Zurich to sign with the Croatian club HNK Rijeka in January 2016.
- He played two seasons for the club scoring 40 goals in 80 appearances in all competitions for the club.
- He also won Prva HNL and Croatian Cup in 2017 with the club.
- He signed with another Croatian club, Dinamo Zagreb in January 2018. He moved to the club as part of a player exchange deal.
- Since he joined the club, he has won the consecutive Prva HNL, four times at the end of the 2020-21 season.
- He was also a key player for the club that won the Croatian Cup in 2018 and 2021 and the Croatian Super Cup in 2019.
- Upon the conclusion of 2020-21, he has scored 47 goals in 128 appearances in all competitions for the club.
Mario Gavranovic International Career
- Gavanovic represented Switzerland football teams at various age levels.
- He represented Switzerland's football teams at U17, U19, and U21 levels.
- He made his senior international debut against Bulgaria in March 2011.
- He scored his debut senior international goal against Croatia in August 2012. He scored a brace in a 4-2 win.
- He was initially named to the final 23-man squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. However, he suffered a serious knee injury during training that led him to be left out of the World Cup.
- He made his FIFA World Cup debut against Serbia in the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- He was named to the final squad for the UEFA Euro 2020.
- Gavranovic scored an equalizer in the final minutes of the match against France in the Euro Cup Round of 16 fixtures. The 3-3 score in the 90 minutes of the regular time led to extra time and then to a penalty shoot-out. Switzerland eliminated the World champions 5-4 in the penalty shootout.
Who is Mario Gavranovic Wife?
Mario Gavranovic is a married man. The Swiss international is married to Anita. The couple shares a daughter named Leonie, who was born in May 2019. More details about his personal life will be updated here.
How Tall is Mario Gavranovic?
Mario Gavranovic stands at a height of 1.75 m i.e. 5 feet and 9 inches tall. He has a body weight of around 73 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is hazel and his hair color is dark brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Mario Gavranovic Salary and Net Worth?
Mario Gavranovic earns from his professional career as a football player. The Swiss international started his professional football career in Lugano in 2006. He later went on to play for several clubs in Europe before joining Zagreb in 2018. He has won several club titles in his career. At present, he plays for the Croatian club, Dinamo Zagreb on a 3-year contract. His salary and net worth details are not available at present. It is clear that he has made his fortune through his professional football career.
Trivias About Mario Gavranovic You Need To Know.
- He is a polyglot.
- He speaks Croatian, Italian, French, German, and English.
- He wears jersey number 19 for the national team.
- He wears jersey number 11 at Dinamo Zagreb.