Mark Burnett - Bio, Productions, Survivor, Net Worth, House, Wife, TV Shows, Roma Downey, Pre-Emmy, Age, Facts, Family, Awards, Affair, Wiki
Mark Burnett, who has won twelve Emmy Awards, five Producers Guild of America Awards, seven Critics' Choice Television Awards, and six People's Choice Awards is a Chairman of MGM Worldwide Television Group. In present, he is the executive producer of five famous network television shows named as The Voice (NBC), Survivor (CBS), Shark Tank (ABC), Kevin Hart's TKO (CBS) and Jamie Foxx's Beat Shazam (FOX). His TV series have been nominated for altogether 143 Emmys. Additionally, he produced the faith-based series "The Bible" and "A.D. The Bible Continues", as well as the feature films such as Son of God, Little Boy, Woodlawn, and Ben-Hur.
Best Known For:
Burnett is best known for producing the hit reality show "Survivor", which premiered in the summer of 2000 and was the most watched summer series since Sonny and Cher.
Rumors and Gossips:
Burnett was allegedly involved in a "physical altercation" with actor Tom Arnold at the Evening Before The Emmy party on September 2018. According to "Variety", Tom Arnold claimed Burnett "went apeshit". Eyewitnesses, however, claimed that Arnold set the situation up and even initiated the fight.
Tom Arnold files police report against Mark Burnett for battery
Early Life of Mark Burnett
On 17th July 1960, Mark was born with a birth name of James Mark Burnett in the city of England, London. Later, he was raised in Dagenham, Essex. He is the only child of his father Archie Burnett and his mother Jean Burnett. His father and mother both works at Ford Motors factory. His father was a Roman Catholic and his mother was a Presbyterian. His nationality is English.
At the age of 17, his name was listed in the British Army and he trained in the Army. Then, he became a Section Commander in the Parachute Regiment. He worked from 1978 to 1982. After that, Burnett gave up his military career and moved to California, where he would take on a number of odd jobs, including as a nanny for wealthy families and selling T-shirts on Venice Beach, before finding success in TV.
Talking about his education, there are no details available about Burnett's educational background.
Body Features of James Burnett
Burnett is very handsome with a hot body. Talking about his body measurement, he has a tall height of 5 feet 10 inches (1.78 m). His hair color is dark brown and the eye color is light brown. Burnett has got a cute smile which attracts lots of followers.
Career of Mark Burnett
- Burnett started his career as a nanny and later end up becoming a Chairman of MGM Worldwide Television Group.
- Burnett migrated to the United States in the year 1982 and was interviewed there for the open position for a live-in nanny with the Jaeger family in affluent Beverly Hills by his friend, Nick Hill.
- In an interview, he was hired despite have no experience as a nanny. He worked as a nanny for a year to Jaegers, he then moved to another family in Malibu where he had to take care of 2 boys and he was paid $250 a week.
- After two years, he rented a small fence in Los Angeles and started selling T-shirts there during weekends where he made more money.
- Then, he joined an adventure competition with four others and there he saw a business opportunity due to which he purchased the format rights and bought Eco-Challenge which made his career as a television producer.
- He then produced a reality show named "Survivor" which was premiered in the year 2000 and became the hit show as well as most-watched summer series. Later, this series was named the Number 1 reality series by Entertainment Weekly in the year 2009.
- Following his success, he produced numerous television show such as: Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?, Shark Tank, The Voice, Beat Shazam, TKO: Total Knock Out, Celebrity Apprentice (NBC), Bully Beatdown, Combat Missions, The Contender, The Contender Asia, Expedition Africa, Expedition Impossible, How'd You Get So Rich?, Martha Stewart, My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad, On the Lot, The Restaurant, Rock Star, Sarah Palin's Alaska, Stars Earn Stripes, Starmaker, Toughest Cowboy, and Wedding Day and more.
- He along with his wife, Roma also produced a 10-hour history drama named "The Bible" which is based upon the stories of the bible. This series became the No. 1 new series on cable TV in the year 2013.
- Due to the success of this series, the sequel of The Bible named "A.D. The Bible Continues" was started in the year 2015.
- In the year of 2014, September MGM acquired a 55 percent interest in One Three Media and LightWorkers Media where two companies were consolidated into a new film and television company, United Artists Media Group which was then acquired fully by MGM in 2015.
- Burnett also has 22 credits as a writer, 3 credits as a director and 2 credits as an actor. He produced the film "Ben-Hur" in the year 2016.
- In the year 2015, he was named the president of MGM television and a digital group signing a 5-year deal.
- MGM Television now have numerous unscripted and scripted television shows airing on network and cable or in production including: The Voice (NBC), Survivor (CBS), Shark Tank (ABC), Beyond the Tank (ABC), Celebrity Apprentice (NBC), Fargo (FX), Vikings (HISTORY), Teen Wolf (MTV), 500 Questions (ABC), The People's Choice Awards (CBS), LIGHT TV , Lucha Underground (El Rey Network), and more.
- In June 2018, MGM appointed Burnett at Chairman of MGM Worldwide Television.
Awards of James Burnett
Till now, Mark has earned a lot of awards. He was named "Philanthropist of the Year" by the Reality Cares Foundation. He has won "Marketer of the Year Award", "Rose d’Or Frapa Format Award", "Brandon Tartikoff Legacy Award", "Norman Lear Award", "Outstanding Achievement", "Anti-Defamation League's Entertainment Industry Award" and many more. He has won twelve Emmy Awards, five Producers Guild of America Awards, seven Critics Choice Television Awards, and six People's Choice Awards.
Affairs of Burnett
Moving toward his personal life, Mark Burnett is a married man. Burnett married Roma Downey on 28th April 2007 in Malibu. Since January 2004, he has been dating Roma Downey. In the year 2006, Burnett proposed Roma. The couple is heavily involved with philanthropic organizations Operation Smile and Compassion International. The couple is now living very happily with their present life.
In the previous time of Burnett, he was married to Dianne Burnett. The couple was also blessed with two sons named James and Cameron. Due to some reasons, the couple got separated in the year 2006 legally.
Net Worth of Mark Burnett
Mark Burnett, a famous film producer has a net worth in million. He has a net worth of $438 Million as of 2018. The information on his salary has not been revealed yet by him. He is earning a lot of money from his present work.
Stay Connected with us for more information.
Trivias About Mark Burnett You Need To Know.
- Burnett worked as a nanny and in sales before creating and producing the adventure competition television series Eco Challenge.
- Mark Burnett was a big fan of American television series, including Starsky and Hutch and Bonanza.
- In 1999, Burnett received a Sports Emmy Award for best program achievement for his work on Eco-Challenge.