Last updated on November 6th, 2019 at 07:09 pm
Facts About Mark Ingram
|Celebrated Name||Mark Ingram|
|Age||33 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Mark Ingram|
|Birth Name||Mark Valentino Ingram Jr.|
|Place Of Birth||Hackensack, New Jersey|
|High School||Grand Blanc Community High School|
|University||University of Alabama|
|Father||Mark Ingram Sr.|
|Sisters||Malia Ingram, Miya Ingram, and Mia Ingram|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches|
|Net Worth||$12 Million|
|Salary||$4 Million (Annually)|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Mark Ingram is an American football player who followed in his father's footsteps and has become an important player in the NFL where he plays for the Baltimore Ravens as a running back. He is said to have performed exceedingly better than his father in most of his games. His dad, Mark Ingram Sr. was noted as one of the best football players in his heyday. He has provided his worth as one of the effective hands in the Saints set up. Here is everything there is to know about the footballer.
What is Mark Ingram known for?
Mark Ingram is an American football running back for the Baltimore Ravens of the National Football League (NFL), last playing for the New Orleans Saints.
Who are the parents of Mark Ingram?
Recalling his early life, Mark Ingram was born as Mark Valentino Ingram Jr. in Hackensack, New Jersey. His nationality is American and ethnicity is Afro-American. He is the son of former NEL great for the New York Giants, wide receiver Mark Ingram Sr. and Shonda Ingram. He has three sisters namely Malia Ingram, Miya Ingram, and Mia Ingram.
Regarding his education, He attended Grand Blanc Community High School in Grand Blanc, Michigan during his freshman, sophomore and junior year. He received an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Alabama Crimson Tide football team from 2008 to 2010.
How Mark Ingram begin a football career?
- Moving towards his career, Mark played behind Glen Coffee in his freshman year and he was selected to the 2008 SEC all-freshman Team.
- He was put on the cover of NCAA Football. He was named SEC Offensive Player of the week. In the 2009 SEC Championship Game versus the undefeated and top-ranked Florida Gators.
- On December 12, He won the Heisman Trophy in the closest vote in the award’s 75-year history. He was Alabama’s first Heisman winner, the third consecutive sophomore to win the award, and the first running back to win the award since Reggie Bush.
- On January 6, 2011, Ingram announced he would forgo his senior season and enter the 2011 NFL Draft. The New Orleans Saints selected Ingram with the 28th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft the same pick number the Giants used to draft his father, Mark Ingram Sr., twenty-four years earlier.
- On July 28, 2011, Ingram decided on the number #28 in honor of his father’s draft pick number. The next day Ingram agreed with the Saints on a four-year contract, with three years guaranteed and a fifth-year option.
- The contract is worth $7.41 million, with a $3.89 million signing bonus. He finished the season with a career-high 1,043 rushing yards on 5.1 yards per attempt and added 319 receiving yards to go along with 10 total touchdowns.
- He eventually overcame his initial struggles in the 2014 NFL season as he finished with a career-high 1,109 yards from scrimmage, a performance for which he earned his first Pro-Bowl selection.
- After a not-so-impressive 2015 season, the talented player returned to his winning ways in 2016 finishing with a career-high 1,043 rushing yards. He also had 319 receiving yards and 10 total touchdowns.
- He took his performance a notch higher in the 2017 season as he finished with career-bests of 1,124 rushing yards, 12 rushing touchdowns, 58 receptions, and 416 receiving yards. He helped the Saints to their fourth NFC South title as he also earned his 2nd Pro-Boel selection.
- He was handed a 4-game suspension on May 8, 2018, for violating the league's performance-enhancing drug (PED) policy. As of 2019, he was playing running back for the Baltimore Ravens of the National Football League (NFL).
Who is Mark Ingram married to?
Reflecting on his personal life, Mark has good taste when it comes to women. He is married to Chelsea Peltin-Brown. The two got affianced sometime in July 2016 and took a bold walk down the aisle in a small ceremony on April 3, 2017. Records have it that they had their honeymoon at the Island. So far, their union has produced three children. Currently, he is living happily with his wife and children.
What is Mark Ingram's net worth?
As a football player, Mark earns a decent amount of money and fame in the field of the sports industry. As per online sources, his estimated net worth said to be $12 million at present. However, his annual salary is somewhere around $4 million. Further, he has earned about $22.49 million in career earnings since he turned pro in 2011.
How tall is Mark Ingram?
Observing his body statistics, Mark has a good height of 5 feet 9 inches. He has a black hair color and his eye color is also black. His bodyweight is 95 Kg. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.