Last updated on August 22nd, 2023 at 04:46 am
Facts About Marta
|Age||37 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Marta, Pelé in skirts|
|Birth Name||Marta Vieira da Silva|
|Place Of Birth||Dois Riachos, Alagoas|
|Siblings||3; Jose, Valdir, and Angela|
|Height||5 feet 4 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||$13 Million|
|Current Team||Orlando Pride|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter|
Marta Vieira da Silva, commonly known as Marta is a Brazilian footballer who plays for the Orlando Pride in the National Women's Soccer League and the Brazil national team as a forward. With 17 goals, she holds the record for most goals scored at FIFA World Cup tournaments. Moreover, she is the first footballer of either gender to score at five different World Cup editions, followed by Christine Sinclair. Today, let's explore the facts related to the Marta wiki, career, and many more.
Marta The World Cup is Best Story And Its Greatest Tragedy
Brazilian superstar Marta has scored more than 100 times in history.
Become a lot of late, plus accustomed to the heartbreak here ship relegated to those fans from lesser footballing nations. But the best woman to play for Brazil and the greatest woman to ever play soccer, at least at a World Cup.
All careers can be seen. It happened to Pelé and Zidane, Ronaldo and Cruyff. Most of them are revered for what they did. Marta, by contrast, may be the most underappreciated superstar in the history of this sport. All-time leading scorer. She hauled Brazil to the World Cup final in 2007; this year, at 33, she scored twice, and challenge 17 career World Cup.
World Cup that is a testament to the rapid and inevitable growth of women’s soccer for that country that continues to resist that progress to every lathe. She has revolutionized, and she has not been able to help her.
What makes Marta famous?
Marta is often regarded as the best female player of all time and was given the nickname "Pelé in skirts" by Pelé himself. She was named FIFA World Player of the Year six times, five of them being consecutive, from 2006 and 2010, and the latest one coming in 2018. She was a member of the Brazilian national teams that won the silver medal at the 2004 and 2008 Summer Olympics. She was also awarded the Golden Ball (MVP) at the 2004 FIFA U-19 Women's World Championship and won both the Golden Ball award as the best player and the Golden Boot award as the top scorer in the 2007 Women's World Cup after leading Brazil to the final of the tournament. In January 2013, she was named as one of the six Ambassadors of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, alongside Amarildo, Bebeto, Carlos Alberto Torres, Ronaldo, and Mario Zagallo. She also appeared in the Sveriges Television television documentary series The Other Sport from 2013. In August 2016, Marta was one of the 8th to carry the Olympic Flag in the Olympic Games in Rio.
Where is the birthplace of Marta?
Back to her early life, Marta was born in Dois Riachos, Brazil. She is Brazilian by nationality and belongs to the white ethnic groups. She is Catholic by religion and her birth sign is Pisces.
She was born to Aldario and Tereza as a Marta Vieira da Silva. She has three siblings; Jose, Valdir, and Angela. Regarding her education, There is no information available on the internet yet. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
When did Marta pursue her football career?
- Marta starts to play football from an early age. She started her professional career at Vasco da Gama in 2000. After two years, she was transferred to Santa Cruz, a small club in the state of Minas Gerais, where she would play for two more seasons, before defending Umeå IK of Sweden.
- Marta first gained widespread notice during her time with Umeå, which she led to the 2004 Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) Women’s Cup title and helped to reach the finals in that competition in 2007 and 2008.
- Marta also helped Umeå capture four consecutive Damallsvenskan Championships between 2005 and 2008, as well as a Swedish Cup title in 2007. She scored a remarkable 111 goals in 103 league games during her five seasons with Umeå as she led the league in goals over three seasons (2004, 2005, and 2008).
- Marta left Europe in 2009 to sign with the Los Angeles Sol of Women’s Professional Soccer (WPS). She was named WPS Most Valuable Player (MVP) in 2009, but the struggling Los Angeles franchise folded, and she moved within the WPS to join the FC Gold Pride of Santa Clara, California. She led the Gold Pride to a WPS title in 2010, and she won a second WPS championship in 2011 as a member of the Western New York Flash.
- During the WPS offseasons in 2009 and 2010, Marta played with Santos FC in her home country. When the WPS suspended operations in 2012, Marta returned to Sweden as a member of Tyresö FF. She moved to FC Rosengård in 2014. Three years later she joined the Orlando Pride of the United States’ National Women’s Soccer League.
- During the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup she became the first player, male or female, to score at five different FIFA World Cup tournaments when she scored a penalty against Australia in Brazil's second group game. In the next match, she scored another penalty, this time against Italy, to become the outright leading goalscorer, male or female, at the World Cup with 17 goals in total.
Is Marta is married or not?
Reflecting her personal life, There is no such news come out against Marta in media yet. In the future, if it has happened. Then, we will definitely let you know. As of now, she is busy to make her career bright and has not found any affairs and rumors on the internet.
As per some online sources, we got informed that she must be Lesbian. The information is exactly correct or not, we do not have proof.
How much net worth is Marta owns?
As a professional football player from 2000, she must be accumulated the sum of good money from her football career involving different foot clubs and seasons.
As per some online sources, her estimated net worth said to be $13 Million at present and she earns $400,000 salary from his recent club.
How tall is Marta?
Observing her body physics, She has an athletic body build with a height of 5 feet 4 inches and weighs around 125 lbs. Similarly, she has a pair of dark brown eyes and hair as well. Her other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Marta You Need To Know.
- Marta is widely consumable football (soccer) player of all time. She was a six-time winner of the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) World Player of the Year award (2006–10 and 2018).dered the greatest f
- She was also awarded the Golden Ball (MVP) at the 2004 FIFA U-19 Women's World Championship and won both the Golden Ball award as the best player and the Golden Boot award as the top scorer in the 2007 Women's World Cup after leading Brazil to the final of the tournament.
- In January 2013, She was named as one of the six Ambassadors of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, alongside Amarildo, Bebeto, Carlos Alberto Torres, Ronaldo, and Mario Zagallo.