Facts About Martin Clunes
|61 Years Old
|Alexander Martin Clunes
|Place Of Birth
|Wimbledon, London, England
|Royal Russell School and Arts Educational Schools
|Lucy Aston (m. 1990; div. 1997) Philippa Braithwaite (m. 1997)
|Source of Wealth
|Actor, comedian, director and television presenter career.
|6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)
|Instagram Twitter Wikipedia
Alexander Martin Clunes, professionally known as Martin Clunes is an English actor, comedian, director, and television presenter. He is well recognized for portraying Martin Ellingham in the ITV comedy-drama series "Doc Martin" and Gary Strang in "Men Behaving Badly". He also won a British Comedy Award and BAFTA award for his performance on "Men Behaving Badly". He made his first breakthrough in acting in 1983 with the TV series titled "No Place Like Home" and later followed with significant roles in series such as "Inspector Morse". Martin further earned critical acclaim for his roles in TV series such as "Roger and the Rottontrolls" and "Doc Martin". Additionally, he can also be seen as himself in the 2022 TV series "Martin Clunes Islands of the Pacific".
Martin Clunes confirms filming for final series of Doc Martin
Martin Clunes has confirmed that filming for the final series of "Doc Martin" will start next month. Filming for the tenth and final series of the popular TV show had initially been delayed last year due to coronavirus restrictions, leaving fans devastated. Clunes said on BBC Radio 2: "I'm really looking forward to going down because we didn't get there last year as we should have, but it's given us another year to get some really cracking scripts. "As I'm reading them, the finished drafts, I'm just beaming when I close the last page thinking, 'The people who like this program are going to really like this episode'."
- Being an English actor, comedian, director, and television presenter.
- For portraying Martin Ellingham in the ITV comedy-drama series "Doc Martin" and Gary Strang in "Men Behaving Badly".
What Nationality is Martin Clunes?
Martin Clunes was born on 28th November 1961 with the real name of Alexander Martin Clunes in Wimbledon, London, England. He is of British nationality and he belongs to British-white ethnic background. Likewise, his religion is Christian and his race is white. Martin has celebrated his 60th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Sagittarius. He is the son of actor Alec Clunes (father) but sadly, his father passed away when Martin was 8 years old. Martin and his sister, Amanda was raised by his mother Daphne Clunes, who worked as a board member of the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. His mother, at one point, had also worked as the secretary of the maverick film actor and director Orson Welles.
Regarding Martin's education, he was educated at two independent secondary schools, the Royal Russell School in Croydon and the Arts Educational Schools, in Chiswick, London.
Martin Clunes Career Timeline
- Martin Clunes kicks off his career in rep at the Mercury Theatre, Colchester and his first television appearance was in an adaptation of Mikhail Bulgakov's "The White Guard" for the BBC Play of the Month in 1982.
- Then he got his first regular television role as one of the sons in the BBC sitcom "No Place Like Home" after which he starred in two series of the sitcom "All at No 20".
- Clunes starred in the role of Gary in the sitcom "Men Behaving Badly" and played the part of Group Captain Barker in the two-part TV mini-series "Over Here".
- He played Dick Dobson in "Demob" in 1993 as well as he was seen on the BBC One panel show "Have I Got News for You" as a panelist or a guest presenter since 1994.
- Similarly, he has appeared in several films and TV series such as "An Evening with Gary Lineker", "Staggered", "Sweet Revenge", "Baldi", "Lorna Doone", and many others.
- He later took the lead in ITV's production of "Goodbye Mr. Chips" as well as he has played the lead role of Doctor Martin Ellingham in the ITV comedy-drama series "Doc Martin".
- As well, he is a regular voice-over artist and is the voice of Kipper in the animated children's series "Kipper the Dog".
- Between 2009 and 2010, he starred on BBC One television in the title role of "Reggie Perrin" whereas he return to sitcom with the BBC1 series "Warren" in 2019.
- Furthermore, he has voiced the mischievous dog Dudley in the short film "Me or the Dog" in 2011 and he has also presented "Martin Clunes: A Man and his Dogs", which was aired on 24th August 2008.
- He also presented a documentary series on ITV about the lemurs of Madagascar called "Martin Clunes: The Lemurs of Madagascar" in June 2012 and narrated the ITV documentary Secret "Life of Dogs" on 31st January 2013.
- On 2nd and 3rd June 2014, he narrated two more follow-up documentaries, "Secret Life of Cats" and "Secret Life of Babies". In April 2015 Clunes narrated "Carry on Forever", a three-part documentary series for ITV3.
- He voiced ITV programs "Secrets of Growing Old", "Secrets of Growing Up" and "Britain's Favourite Dogs" as well as in 2019 "Martin Clunes: Islands of America" was released as a four-part documentary where he traveled to remote islands across the United States.
- Moreover, Martin was seen as himself in the 2021 TV series "Scotland: Escape to the Wilderness" and in the 2022 TV series "Martin Clunes Islands of the Pacific".
Awards and Achievements
- 1995 - British Comedy Awards, Top TV Comedy Actor: "Men Behaving Badly"
- 1996 - BAFTA Awards, Best Comedy Performance: "Men Behaving Badly"
- 1999 - Screen Actors Guild Awards, Outstanding Performance by a Cast: "Shakespeare in Love"
Who is Martin Clunes Married to?
Martin Clunes is a married man. He married future "Doc Martin" producer Philippa Braithwaite in 1997. In 1998, Braithwaite gave birth to their daughter Emily. As of 2013, Clunes and his family live in Beaminster, Dorset, where they run a farm with heavy horses. Martin was previously married to actress Lucy Aston in 1990 however they got divorced in 1997. Concerning his sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Martin Clunes Net Worth?
Martin Clunes is a versatile guy who has a net worth of $15 million as of 2022. He also earns a handsome amount of salary is also around thousands of dollars per year. He's living a luxurious dream as he has the access to all the world's luxury and comfort. Martin has not done endorsement work for any brands yet. In addition, his major source of income is from his actor, comedian, director, and television presenter career.
What is the Height of Martin Clunes?
Martin Clunes stands at a tall height of 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) with balanced body weight. He has grey hair and dark brown eyes color. Martin is average by body build. He has kept his body maintained, fit, and fine at this age too which is so awesome.
Trivias About Martin Clunes You Need To Know.
- In 2015, he was appointed an Officer of the Order of the British Empire.
- He had his first television role at age 22 on Doctor Who.
- He is known to television audiences for his roles on British Men Behaving Badly and Doc Martin.
- He won a British Comedy Award and BAFTA award for his performance on Men Behaving Badly.
- He has been married twice: to Lucy Aston and Phillippa Braithwaite.