Martin Compston - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Facts, Height, Career
Martin Compston is a former professional soccer player and actor who is best known for his role as Detective Sergeant Steve Arnott in the crime drama Line of Duty. Also, he is famous for his role as Liam in Ken Loach's Sweet Sixteen, Paul Ferris in The Wee Man, Ewan Brodie in Monarch of the Glen, and Dan Docherty in The Nest. Before his acting career, he played youth soccer for Greenock Morton and would briefly play for their professional team. He had his first acting credits in Ken Loach’s ‘Sweet Sixteen’ as Liam. The film's success at the Cannes Film Festival gave him instant celebrity status in Scotland. Both he and his co-star William Ruane were nominated for Most Promising Newcomer at the British Independent Film Awards, with Compston winning the category. In 2003, he made his television debut as Ewan Brodie on the BBC drama TV series ‘Monarch of the Glen.’ He acted in a total of 20 episodes of the series between 2003 and 2005. In 2022, he appeared in 4 episodes of the series Our House as the character Bram.
What is Martin Compston Famous For?
- Being an actor and former footballer.
- For his role as Detective Sergeant Steve Arnott in the crime drama Line of Duty.
What is Martin Compston Nationality?
Martin Compston was born on 8th May 1984 in Greenock, Inverclyde, Scotland. He holds Scottish nationality and his ethnicity is Scottish-White. He celebrated his 38th birthday as of 2022. His religion is Christianity and his zodiac sign is Taurus. He is the youngest of the two children of his parents Jim Compston and Liz Compston. He has an elder brother, Barry Compston, with whom he grew up in Greenock, Inverclyde. He attended St Columba's High School in neighboring Gourock. But he dropped out at the end of his fifth year in High School to pursue his dream as a footballer. He was later signed by Morton Football Team. He obtained three As and two Bs in his Higher results.
Martin Compston Career Timeline
- Regarding his career as a footballer, he was a youth player with Aberdeen as a teenager.
- After that, he signed for his local professional club Greenock Morton.
- He next made two first-team appearances in the 2001–02 season.
- Moreover, he appeared as a substitute and Morton lost 4–0, to Alloa Athletic and Queen of the South.
- After leaving Morton, he shortly played junior football for Greenock Juniors.
- Apart from his football career, he has also appeared in the movies and TV shows.
- He played the lead role in Ken Loach's Sweet Sixteen and had a regular role in the BBC TV serial Monarch of the Glen.
- Likewise, he appeared in three films: A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints and Red Road.
- Next, he starred in the 2010 film Soulboy and appeared in the horror film The 4th Reich.
- Moreover, he appeared in The View's music video for "Grace" and "How Long".
- Next, he starred in the lead role of Detective Sergeant Steve Arnott, a detective on an anti-corruption squad, in the BBC police drama Line of Duty in the year 2012 and also was seen in the thriller film, Piggy.
- Likewise, he played the lead role in The Wee Man in 2013.
- He starred in the ITV miniseries The Ice Cream Girls in April 2013 and appeared in "The Great Train Robbery".
- He reprised his lead role of Detective Sergeant Steve Arnott in Line of Duty in 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019, and 2021.
- In 2016, he starred in the three-part Scottish television series "In Plain Sight".
- In 2020, he starred in the television series The Nest.
- In March 2022, he starred in "Our House".
How much is Martin Compston Net Worth?
Martin Compston is a former footballer and actor whose net worth is estimated to have $5 Million as of 2022. His main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry and today, he is leading a fancy lifestyle. His salary is still to get disclosed yet but there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is making a cool amount of money from his profession.
Who is Martin Compston married to?
Martin Compston is a married man. He tied a knot to his beautiful long-term girlfriend turned wife, Tianna Chanel Flynn. By profession, Tianna is an actress. They married on 19th June 2016. They are enjoying their present life happily without disturbances. The couple has a son named Brodie. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay. They are residing happily in Las Vegas, Nevada.
How tall is Martin Compston?
Martin Compston stands at the perfect height of 5 feet 8 inches or 173 cm or 1.73 m. His balanced body weight consists of 78 Kg or 171 lbs. His body measurement is 38-12-32 in. His body type is athletic. His eye color is brown and his hair color is also the same. His shoe size is 10 US.
Trivias About Martin Compston You Need To Know.
- He is a supporter of the Scottish National Party.
- He was a youth player with Aberdeen as a teenager.
- He was brought up in Greenock, Scotland.
- He holds Scottish nationality.
- He starred in the ITV mini-series The Ice Cream Girls in 2013.