Martin Ødegaard - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Transfer, Nationality, Age, Current Team, Stats, Parents, Family, Girlfriend, Career, Facts, Wiki, Height
Martin Odegaard is a Norwegian professional football player. He plays as an attacking midfielder or winger. Odegaard started his senior career from Norwegian club Stromsgodset before joining Real Madrid Castilla in 2015. He then played for several clubs on loan before returning to Real Madrid for the 2020-21 season.
On the international level, he represented Norway at various age levels. He made his senior international debut in 2014 becoming the country's youngest debutant at the age of 15.
He has over 2.5 million followers on his Instagram @odegaard.98.
What is Martin Odegaard Famous For?
- Rising Norwegian footballer.
- Named Tippeligaen Young Player of the Year: 2014
- Named Idrettsgallaen Breakthrough of the Year: 2014
- Plays for one of the biggest club, Real Madrid.
Where is Martin Odegaard from?
Martin Odegaard was born on 17 December 1998. His birth place is in Drammen in Norway. He holds Norwegian nationality. He belongs to white ethnicity. He was born to a father, Hans Erik Odegaard. He completed his compulsory education in Norway. His religion is Christianity. He has a brother named Kristo Odegaard. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
Martin Odegaard Football Career
- Odegaard started his football career joining the local club, Drammen Strong in 2005.
- He joined the youth system of Stromsgodset in 2009.
- He played his first matches for the Buskerud team when he was 11.
- He started training with Stromsgodset's first team in 2012.
- He made his first-team debut in a mid-season friendly against Mjondalen IF in 2013.
- He also had short training visits to Bayern Munich and Manchester United.
- He played for both Stromsgodset's junior team and the club's third team at the fifth tier of Norwegian senior football.
- He made his league debut for the club's first team on 13 April 2014 against Aalesunds FK.
- He became the youngest footballer ever to play in Tippeligaen.
- He signed his first professional contract with the club in May 2014.
- He scored his first professional goal in the same month.
- He became the youngest goalscorer in Tippeligaen after he scored the fourth goal for the club's 4-1 win over Sarpsborg 08 FF.
- Odegaard made his European debut on 16 July 2015 in a UEFA Champions League second qualifying round against Steaua Bucuresti.
- He scored two goals in a single match for the first time in his career in the 2-1 win over Lillestrom SK on 19 October 2015.
- He finished the season with 5 goals in 23 league appearances in the 2014 season.
- Drammen Strong was twice selected by Ødegaard to receive a prize of 50,000 kroner (€5,800), when the young player was given the Statoil talent award for April 2014 and for the 2014 season.
- Later, in 2015, Drammen Strong received 250,000 kroner, equivalent to approximately €29,000, as a gift from Strømsgodset Toppfotball when Ødegaard was sold to Real Madrid.
- Odegaard transferred to the Spanish club Real Madrid after he signed with the club in January 2015. His transfer fee was reported at around 3 million Euro. Norwegian media reported the transfer fee to be approximately 4 million Euro.
- Odegaard was assigned to the Real Madrid Castilla. Zidane was the head coach of the Castilla at the time.
- Odegaard made his official debut for Castilla on 8 February 2015 against Athletic Bilbao B in Segunda Division B.
- Odegaard scored his debut goal for Castilla against Barakaldo CF on 21 February 2015.
- He was named to Real Madrid's first team for their La Liga match against UD Almeria on 29 April 2015 after Gareth Bale, Luka Modric, and Karim Benzema were sidelined due to injury. However, he did no feature.
- He made his Real Madrid first-team debut on 23 May 2015, the final fixture of the season, against Getafe. He replaced Cristiano Ronaldo in the 58th minute who had scored a hat-trick in the match.
- Odegaard made his first start for Real Madrid on 30 November 2016 in the Copa Del Rey round of 32 fixtures against Cultural Leonesa. He played full 90 minutes.
- Real Madrid loaned Odegaard to Dutch club SC Heerenveen for 18 months in January 2017.
- He was close to signing with Barcelona. However, Barcelona's transfer ban stopped them from signing Odegaard.
- He made his Eredivisie debut against ADO Den Haag in the last seconds on 14 January 2017.
- He struggled to impress the team at the start and had only one shot and one assist in his first seven games.
- He scored his first goal for the club on 18 May 2017 in a 3-1 loss against FC Utrecht.
- He became a regular starter in the 2017-18 season.
- He scored his first regular-season goal for Heerenveen on 18 November 2017 against FC Twente.
- Following his loan spell at Heerenveen, Real Madrid loaned him to another Dutch club, SBV Vitesse in August 2018.
- He spent the 2018-19 season at Vitesse.
- He scored 11 goals in 39 appearances in all competitions.
- Following his loan spell at Vitesse, Real Madrid loaned Odegaard to Real Sociedad for the 2019-20 season.
- He scored his first La Liga goal in a 1-0 win over Mallorca on 25 August 2019.
- He scored 7 goals in all competitions in 36 appearances for the club.
- He returned to Real Madrid for the 2020-21 season.
Martin Odegaard International Career
- Martin Odegaard has represented the Norway football team at various age levels.
- He has represented Norway U15, U16, U17, and U21 teams.
- He was called up for Norway's senior team in August 2019.
- He made his senior international debut on 27 August 2014 against UAE.
- He made his competitive debut for the senior international team against Bulgaria in the UEFA Euro 2016 qualifiers.
- He scored his first senior international goal on 7 June 2019 against Romania in a UEFA Euro 2020 qualifier.
- Tippeligaen Young Player of the Year: 2014
- Idrettsgallaen Breakthrough of the Year: 2014
- Eredivisie Player of the Month: April 2019
- Eredivisie Talent of the Month: May 2019
- Eredivisie Team of the Year: 2018–19
- La Liga Player of the Month: September 2019
- Gullballen: 2019
- UEFA LaLiga Revelation Team of the year: 2019-20
Martin Odegaard Girlfriend
Martin Odegaard is not married. He is too young to get married. He is focused on his football career. After all, he plays for one of the biggest clubs, Real Madrid. Reports about his affair had surfaced earlier. However, no official news about his relationship is available.
Martin Odegaard Height
Martin Odegaard stands at a height of 1.78 m i.e. 5 feet and 10 inches tall. He has a body weight of 68 kg. He has an athletic body build. His hair color is light brown and his eye color is brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
Martin Odegaard Net Worth
Martin Odegaard is one of the rising Norwegian footballers. He currently plays for one of the biggest clubs, Real Madrid. He has already played for several clubs in Europe. He signed with Real Madrid reportedly for 3 million Euro in 2015. His contract details are not available at present. His annual salary is reported at 2 million Euros at present. His net worth is estimated at 4 million Euro.
Trivias About Martin Ødegaard You Need To Know.
- His father, Hans Erik Ødegaard, a former footballer, co-founded a football section in the club and became the coach of his son's team.
- In 2005, when Ødegaard was six, his parents and others each invested 50,000 kroner so that the local club could refit their gravel field, Kjappen, with artificial turf.
- He trained with Liverpool, Bayern Munich, and visited Arsenal in 2014.
- He had trained with Real Madrid in January 2015.
- He wears shirt number 21 at Real Madrid.
- He is Real Madrid's youngest debutant in the history of the club at 16 years and 157 days old.
- Ødegaard made his international debut against the United Arab Emirates on 27 August 2014, becoming the youngest debutant for the senior team at the age of 15 years and 253 days.
- On 13 October 2014, he became the youngest player to feature in a qualifying match for the UEFA European Championship.
- On 29 March 2015, Ødegaard became the youngest player to start a European Championship qualifier at the age of 16 years and 101 days in a 5–1 loss to Croatia.
- He is a supporter of English team Liverpool, whom he has described as his "dream club".
- He was named in Time's 30 most influential teenagers of 2015.