Marvin Morgan - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Death, Death Cause, Age, Wife, Family, Nationality, Parents, Ethnicity, Height, Facts, Career, Teams Played, Wiki
Marvin Newlon Morgan, excellently known as Marvin Morgan was an English professional footballer who played as a forward. He began his career in the youth team at Wealdstone before signing a contract in March 2000. He made his Football League debut in Aldershot Town's first-ever Football League match, away to Accrington Stanley on 9th August 2008. Having started in non-League with Wealdstone and Yeading, Morgan finished his playing days with Hornchurch in 2019, following spells with Hendon, Beaconsfield Town, Potters Bar Town, and Wingate & Finchley. He was also an anti-racism and anti-discrimination campaigner, setting up his own football team Fresh Ego FC to raise awareness around racism in football. Morgan was also a social media user as he had gained more than 28k followers with 1,189 posts on his Instagram. Sadly, we lost such a versatile icon on 6th December 2021.
Marvin Morgan Dies At 38
Marvin Morgan passed away suddenly while on a work trip abroad on 6th December 2021 at the age of 38. Jerri Fletcher, 36, who was in a relationship with Marvin, 38, for 14 years told MailOnline that he was visiting a factory that made clothes for his 'Fresh Ego Kid' brand, which was popular with leading Premier League footballers when he collapsed. Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku, Arsenal's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, and Manchester United's Harry Maguire, who wore the clothing, have all described their grief after his sudden death over the weekend. Marvin was on medication for life after being diagnosed with a cavernoma. He played for 17 clubs during his football career but was most active at Aldershot Town and Shrewsbury Town before falling ill while training with Plymouth Argyle.
Ms. Fletcher sobbed: 'I got a call early on Monday morning saying that he suddenly collapsed and died. Marvin was not in the UK at the time, he was away visiting one of the factories that makes his clothes, preparing for the new season. 'We were together for 14 years and I'm heartbroken. We don't know the full details of what caused his death and I'm not even able to process this news so don't want to say too much. It's very painful. Marvin was a much-loved man.'
What was Marvin Morgan Famous For?
- Being an English professional footballer.
- For playing as a forward in Wealdstone club.
Where is Marvin Morgan From? Know About His Real Name, Ethnicity, and Zodiac
Marvin Morgan was born on 13th April 1983 with the real name of Marvin Newlon Morgan in Manchester, England. He held British nationality and belonged to a British-black ethnicity. Similarly, his religious belief was in the Christian religion and his race was black. Morgan lastly celebrated his 38th birthday on 13th April of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign was Aries. He had not shared many details regarding his family and education qualification.
Marvin Morgan Football Career Timeline
- Marvin Morgan kicks off his football career in the youth team at Wealdstone before signing a contract in March 2000 whereas he also had two loan spells at Berkhamsted Town, making a total of eight appearances.
- In November 2004, he joined Yeading for a fee of £3,000 and scored eight league goals that season as Yeading won the Isthmian League Premier Division. He scored 25 goals for Yeading and was the club's top scorer in the 2006-2007 season.
- He played in 94 league games during three seasons with the club and scored 39 goals as well as he joined the Conference National side Woking in May 2007.
- Marvin signed for the Conference National champions and newly promoted League Two side Aldershot Town for an undisclosed fee in May 2008 and made his Football League debut in Aldershot Town's first-ever Football League match, away to Accrington Stanley on 9th August 2008.
- He scored Aldershot Town's first-ever League Cup goal in the 3-1 defeat at Coventry City in the first round of the 2008-2009 competition and scored his first Football League goal at home to Bradford City on 30th August 2008.
- He finished season 2008-2009 at the Shots having scored seven goals in all competitions as he played in all but seven games in season 2009-2010 and finished the campaign having top-scored with 16 goals in all competitions.
- Marvin joined Shrewsbury Town following his release from Aldershot and began the opening game of the League Two season against Plymouth Argyle on 6th August 2011.
- Shrewsbury's Football League Cup encounter with Derby County where Morgan scored two goals to help his side to a 3-2 win.
- He had scored 11 goals to help in Shrewsbury Town's promotion to League 1 at the end of the 2011-2012 season however he was released by Shrewsbury Town at the end of the 2012-2013 season having only scored seven goals.
- Marvin signed a two-year contract with Plymouth Argyle in July 2013 and made his debut in the club's first game of the new season at Southend United.
- He scored his first goal for Argyle heading home to The Pilgrims' first in 3-1 win away at Cheltenham Town on 17th August 2013 as well as he scored his first goal of the 2014-2015 season in a 2-0 win over Hartlepool United on 20 September 2014.
- He doubled his tally for the whole of the previous season on 8th November 2014, scoring Argyle's second in the 2-0 win over AFC Fylde in the FA Cup first round.
- Later he was released by Plymouth Argyle at the end of the 2014-2015 season.
Hartlepool United (loan)
- Morgan signed for Hartlepool United on loan until the end of the season on 2nd February 2015 and played 5 times for the Pools, with his only goal coming in a 1-0 home win over Northampton Town on 10th February 2015.
Return to non-League
- Marvin returned to non-League football, joining Havant & Waterlooville of the National League South in June 2015 whereas he also re-joined former club Wealdstone on loan in February 2016 and signed for Hendon on 20th June 2018.
- On 25th October 2018, he was released by the club, following an incident involving fellow player Laste Dombaxe and a machete.
- As well, he played for Beaconsfield Town and Potters Bar Town. The following season, he played for Wingate & Finchley and Hornchurch before returning to Potters Bar.
- Hendon on 01/07/2018 for free
- Free-agent on 20/10/2017 for free
- Bath City on 01/10/2017 for free
- Hampton & Rich. on 21/09/2017 for free
- Bath City on 06/07/2017 for free
- Havant & Waterlooville on 30/06/2017 at the end of the loan
- Bath City on 19/07/2016 for loan
- Havant & Waterlooville on 01/07/2015 for free
- Plymouth Argyle on 30/06/2015 at the end of the loan
- Hartlepool United on 02/02/2015 for loan
- Plymouth Argyle on 01/07/2013 for free
- Shrewsbury Town on 01/07/2011 for free
- Aldershot Town on 30/06/2011 at the end of the loan
- Dagenham & Redbridge on 01/01/2011 for loan
- Aldershot Town on 01/07/2008
- Woking on 01/05/2007
- Hayes & Yeading on 01/11/2004 From Wealdstone
Marvin Morgan Personal Life: Is Marvin Morgan Married?
Marvin Morgan was an unmarried footballer. He probably didn't have a wife as he was not married whereas he was in a relationship with Jerri Fletcher, 36 for 14 years. The pair shared a home in Hertfordshire with their seven-year-old son. Sadly, their relationship did not last as Marvin leave the world forever. Talking about his sexual orientation, he was straight.
Marvin Morgan Net Worth: How much is his annual salary?
Marvin Morgan was a talented guy who had a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2021. He also gained a handsome amount of money which was around thousands of dollars per year. Morgan had earned a considerable amount of money from his profession as his major source of income was his football career. In addition, his highest market value was €150Th as of 8th April 2010. Morgan set up Fresh Ego Kid, a streetwear fashion brand, whilst at Shrewsbury Town FC which he regularly promoted on his social channels.
How tall is Marvin Morgan?
Marvin Morgan stood at a tall height of 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) with a balanced body weight of 80 kg. He had a bald head and dark brown eyes color. Furthermore, his body build type was athletic. Morgan played for 17 clubs during his football career but was most active at Aldershot Town and Shrewsbury Town before falling ill while training with Plymouth Argyle.