Mary Elizabeth Winstead - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Husband, Height, Career
Mary Elizabeth Winstead is a famous professional American actress and singer. Her first significant role came as Jessica Bennett on NBC soap opera. She also appeared in TV series and films. She also came into horror series and made significant and outstanding roles. Her singing career started in 2013. She did the music duo Got a Girl with Dan the Automator.
What is Mary Elizabeth Winstead famous for?
- Her role as Jessica Bennet on the NBC soap opera "Passion"
Where was Mary Elizabeth Winstead born?
Mary Elizabeth Winstead was born on November 18 1984 in Rocky Mount, North Carolina, the United States. She was born to her father, James Ronald, and mother, Betty Lou. She is the youngest of five children. Her nationality is American. She attended Peruvian Park Elementary where she took advanced classes. She was a talented dancer and a singer in her school. She also kept in ballerina and appeared in a local ballet production. But then due to her height problem she left ballet as in ballet your body and height need to be that way only your entire life.
The career of Mary Elizabeth Winstead
- In 1997, Winstead appeared in a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream coat starring Donny Osmond. In this, she made a brief performance but later one she gave many appearances.
- From 1999 to 2000, she got her first major role as Jessica Bennet in the NBC soap opera "Passion".
- From 2001 to 2002, she played the daughter of the character played by Tim Matheson, which was her second major television role in the short-lived CBS drama series, "Wolf Lake".
- In 2004, she played a supporting role in MTV's made-for-television film, "Monster Island".
- Winstead did minor roles in the indie comedy "Checking Out" in 2005, then she took larger roles as a school senior turned the main antagonist in the movie "Sky High" which was released on 29 July 2005 and got favorable reviews.
- In 2006, she also starred in the horror movie "Final Destination 3" as a lead actor. This was a commercial success but also receive mixed views from critics.
- In the same year, she also starred in the slasher film, "Black Christmas". It received a poor review but for that movie, she was nominated for scream Queen at the 2007 Scream Awards.
- She also appeared in the drama film, Bobby in 2006. The film's cast was nominated for the Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Cast in a Motion Picture but won Hollywood Film Festival Award for best cast.
- In 2007, she was a naïve actress in "Death Proof" and "Grindhouse".
- She also appeared with Bruce Wills in "Live Free or Die Hard" in the same year. It was highly acclaimed.
- In 2008, she starred in the lead role in the dance film, "Make It Happen".
- She co-starred opposite Michael Cera in the romantic comedy film, "Scott Pilgrim Vs the Worl"d. The film was released in late 2010 but received poor box office. But she earned a Teen Choice Awards nomination for Choice Actress Action.
- In 2011, she was cast as the lead role in the movie "The thing"
- Winstead appeared in an independent drama named "Smashed" in 2012.
- She played the role of Mary Todd Lincoln opposite Benjamin Walker in the supernatural horror action film, "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" in the same year.
- She also appeared in an interactive social film, "The Beauty Inside" the same year.
- In 2013, she was also cast in the comedy film, "A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III". It received a limited theatrical run in North America.
- She has also appeared in films like "The Spectacular Now" (2013), "A good Day to Die Hard" (2013), "Alex of Venice" (2014), "Faults" (2014), and "Kill the Messenger" (2014). These all movies got favorable reviews.
- By January 2015, Winstead had already been a regular cast in the series "The Returned" (French drama).
- Also in 2015, she made a guest appearance in "Comedy Bang! Bang!" as well as in the civil rights drama "Mercy Street".
- In 2016, she was also headlined in "10 Cloverfield Lane" and appeared in "Swiss Army Man" and the "Hollers".
- She also appeared in the comic thriller "Brain Dead".
- She starred in the third season of "Fargo".
- Along with Common Chance Crawford, Jay Mohr, Kate del Castillo, and Beau Bridges, she appeared in the comedy-drama film, All About Nina in 2018.
- In 2019, she appeared as the female lead opposite Will Smith in the action thriller film, "Gemini Man"
- The same year, Winstead lent her voice actor in the Netflix adult-oriented animated anthology series, "Love, Death & Robots".
- Winstead appeared in the Netflix action film "Kate" in September 2021.
- In January 2022, she was added to the cast of the Disney Plus series, "Star Wars: Ashoka".
- Winstead expressed her interest in singing but did not think about her career in it initially.
- She sang for cappella covers of "The Shirelles".
- She formed the duo for the band Got a Girl which released their demo “You and Me” on May 21, 2013.
- She was also featured in the songs “The Agony” and “Look across the sky”.
Awards and Nominations of Mary Elizabeth Winstead
- 2000 and 2001- Nominated for Young artist awards for Passion
- 2006- Won Hollywood film festival for Bobby
- 2006- Nominated for Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards for Bobby
- 2006- Nominated for Screen Actors Guild Awards for Bobby,
- 2006- Nominated for Scream Award for Black Christmas,
- 2010- Nominated for IGM Movie Award for Scott Pilgrim vs. the world,
- 2010- Nominated for Teen Choice Awards for Scott Pilgrim vs. the world,
- 2012- Nominated for Independent Spirit Awards for Smashed,
- 2012- Nominated for Phoenix Film Critics Society Awards for Smashed,
- 2013- Won Shining Star Award for Best Actress at Dallas International Film Festival for Smashed
- 2013- Won Daytime Emmy Award for The Beauty Inside,
- 2016- Nominated for Teen Choice Awards for 10 Clover field Lana,
- 2017- Won Saturn Awards for 10 Clover field Lana
- 2018- Nominated for Critics choice awards for Fargo
- 2018- Nominated for Saturn Awards for Fargo.
Who is Mary Elizabeth Winstead married to?
Mary Elizabeth Winstead is a married woman. She is married to her longtime boyfriend, Ewan McGregor. The couple is in a romantic relationship since 2017. They were blessed with a child named Laurie McGregor in 2021. Finally, the couple got married in April 2022.
Previously, Winstead was married to Riley Stearns, a film director, and television writer. They got married in 2010. But the Winstead announced their separation in May 2017 and their divorce was finalized later that year.
How tall is Mary Elizabeth Winstead?
Mary Elizabeth Winstead is one of the hottest actresses with body measurements of 36-26-37 inches. She has a well-maintained slim body physique. She has always been tall and had to give up her ballet career because of it. She stands at a tall height of 1.73 m and her body weighs around 57 kg. Her breast size is 34 inches, and her bra size is 34B with cup size B. She has a pair of dark brown eyes and her hair color is also dark brown. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is the Net worth of Mary Elizabeth Winstead?
As of 2022, Winstead's net worth is estimated to be $8 Million. She has amassed her fortune through her flourishing career as an actress and musician. She lives in a luxury house.
Trivias About Mary Elizabeth Winstead You Need To Know.
- In 2009 she was on 88 in 100 Sexiest Women in the World list by FHM's.
- She like Cooking and Singing.
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead was married to film director and writer, Riley Stearns, from 2010 to 2017.
- Her favorite movies include, ‘The Shining’, ‘Sunset Boulevard’, ‘Fargo’, and ‘Rosemary’s Baby’ among many.
- In 2013, she formed the music duo Got a Girl with hip-hop producer Dan the Automator.