Last updated on August 24th, 2023 at 06:34 am
Facts About Mary J. Blige
|Celebrated Name||Mary J. Blige|
|Age||52 Years Old|
|Nick Name||The Queen of Hip-Hop Soul, The Queen of R&B, M.J.B., Empress of Soul, Queen of Hip Hop|
|Birth Name||Mary Jane Blige|
|Profession||Singer , Actress , Model|
|Place Of Birth||The Bronx, New York, U.S.|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches|
|Hair Color||Dyed Blonde|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Best Known For||'The Breakthrough' (2005 album)|
|Education||Junior High School|
|Net Worth||$ 30 million|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Dress Size||10 US|
|Bra Cup Size||34B|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|High School||Roosevelt High School|
|Sisters||LaTonya Bilge-DaCosta, Jonquell|
|Married Date||On 7 December 2003|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook Youtube|
Mary J. Blige is a very versatile woman that although many have come to only see as a singer, is also an actress, and a model. As regards music which is what has brought her to the limelight, the woman is a singer, songwriter, rapper, record producer, as well as an actress. While holding the mic is her main thing, she is also a songwriter and a producer. Today, let's explore the facts related to the Mary wiki, career, net worth, and many more.
What makes Mary J. Blige famous?
Mary J. Blige is a singer, songwriter, record producer, as well as an actress. She belongs to American society. She has been nominated in many of the categories as well as won some title.
Similarly, she has won nine Grammy Awards, three Golden Globe nominations and the first woman to receive multiple Academy Award nominations in the same year including for Best Supporting Actress and Best Original Song.
In 2013, she had sold 75 million records worldwide and ranked as the most successful female R&B/Hip-Hop artist of the past 25 years.
Who are the parents of Mary J. Blige?
Back to his early life, Mary was born in New York City. She is the second child of mother Cora, a nurse, and second to father Thomas Blige, a jazz musician. When she was a child her mother used to earn and feed them.
Then they moved to Schlobohm Houses in Yonkers, New York, immediately north of New York City, where she lived with her mother and older sister. Besides this, she hasn’t revealed any information about her birth facts and her childhood. She had dropped her high school in her junior year. Besides this, she hasn’t revealed any kind of information on social sites.
When did Mary J. Blige pursue has an acting and music career?
- Mary started her career in 1988 where she recorded an impromptu cover of Anita Baker’s “Caught Up in the Rapture”. She had also released What’s the 411? in 1992, to positive reviews from critics.
- She had sold this album 3,318,000 copies in the US until 2010. The name of this album was derived from Blige’s past occupation as a 4-1-1 operator. Her second album Uptown Records/MCA Records was released in 1994.
- This album had sold 481,000 copies in its first week and remaining atop the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart for an unprecedented eight weeks. Likewise, she had released her third album Share My World in 1997.
- Similarly, she had released her fourth album Mary in 1999, the fifth album No More Drama in 2001, sixth album Dance for Me in 2002, the seventh album The Breakthrough in 2005, Reflections (A Retrospective) in 2006, Growing Pains in 2007 and Stronger with Each Tear in 2009.
- While moving towards her acting career, she started acting in 1988. She had debuted on the sitcom The Jamie Foxx Show playing a character, the apparently southern Ola Mae.
- She had also starred rapper Q-Tip in the independent film Prison Song in 2001 and made a cameo on the Lifetime network series, Strong Medicine in the same year.
- Likewise in 2004, she stared in an Off-Broadway play, The Exonerated, MTV Films biopic on American singer/pianist and civil rights activist, Nina Simone in 2005 and on Ghost Whisperer, in an episode called “Mean Ghost” in 2007.
- Similarly, in 2017, she had starred in the period drama film Mudbound directed by Dee Rees. On July 12, 2018, Blige released the single "Only Love" on Republic Records, following her exit from Capitol Records.
- On May 8, 2019, Blige released the single "Thriving" featuring Nas. During an interview with Ebro Darden on Beats 1 for the premiere of "Thriving", Blige announced that her next studio album will be released before July.
Does Mary J. Blige honor with awards?
While moving towards her awards and achievements, she has been nominated and won many awards. Like she has been was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress, the Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Supporting Actress, the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role, and the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
As she was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Song as well as the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, she became the first person nominated for an Academy Award for acting and writing an original song in the same year.
On June 23, 2019, at the BET Awards 2019, she was honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award for her extraordinary contributions to the music industry.
Who is the husband of Mary J. Blige?
Reflecting her personal life, Mary J. Blige is a divorced woman. She had married her manager Martin “Kendu Issacs” on 7th December 2003. But the relationship did not last long and they both separated from each due to irreconcilable differences in 2016 and by 2017, they were no longer an item. It was later reported that Kendu Isaac might have cheated on his wife.
Before meeting her husband, the singer has had a very interesting dating history. Among the other men she has dated are K-Ci Hailey, with whom she had been in a very long relationship, Anthony ‘Treach’ Criss, Case Woodard, and NAS. More so, after her marriage to Martin “Kendu” Isaacs ended, she has been spotted with actor Jason Mitchell. This has led many people into believing that the woman is dating the much younger Straight Outta Compton star. The fact that she has taken to her social media pages to share a picture of the two of them together has even fanned the speculations even more.
How much Net Worth Mary J. Blige owns?
Having spent close to 30 years in the music industry as well as having a good spell as an actress and a model, Mary has covered places that many others can only get to cover in their dreams and imaginations. Consequent to this, it is only normal and of course, fair that one would expect her to have a very good net worth. Well, she does. Mary J. Blige has a net worth that is estimated to go over $20 million dollars. However, her salary is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
How Tall is Mary J. Blige?
Observing her body physics, Mary stands a height of 5 feet 9 inches and weighs around 145 lbs. She has beautiful dye blonde hair color and brown colored eye. She used to 34B bra size, 8 (US) shoe size, and 10 (US) dress size. Her body measures 36-32-38 inches.
Trivias About Mary J. Blige You Need To Know.
- Never graduated from high school.
- She sang in a Pentecostal church during her early years in Richmond Hill, Georgia.
- Her own personal perfume - "My Life" - broke all sales records on HSN when it was first launched.
- She is a lifelong liberal Democrat.
- In May 2021, she was inducted into the Apollo’s walk of fame.
- She was placed in the 69th place on the VH1’s 100 Sexiest Artists.
- She also launched sunglasses by the name Melodies by MJB.
- She has also been a spokesperson with Carol's Daughter beauty products and Citibank's with Nickelback program.