Last updated on August 23rd, 2023 at 12:39 pm
Facts About Mary-Louise Parker
|Celebrated Name||Mary-Louise Parker|
|Age||58 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Mary-Louise Parker|
|Birth Nation||United States of America|
|Place Of Birth||Fort Jackson, South Carolina|
|High School||Marcos de Niza High School|
|University||North Carolina School of the Arts|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Drama|
|Mother||Caroline Louise Morelli Parker|
|Height||5 feet 6 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||10 (US)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Bra Cup Size||32A|
|Net Worth||34-25-35 inches|
|Neck Size||$16 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Acting Career|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Who is Mary-Louise Parker? What makes her famous?
American actress and writer, Mary-Louise Parker is the recipient of both Golden Globe and Primetime Emmy Awards for her portrayal of Harper Pitt on the acclaimed HBO TV series, Angels in America in 2003. She received the Tony Award for Best Actress in a Play for her portrayal of Catherine Llewellyn in David Auburn's Proof in 2001, among other accolades. She rose to fame after her film roles in films such as Grand Canyon (1991), Fried Green Tomatoes (1991), The Client (1994), Bullets over Broadway (1994), Boys on the Side (1995), The Portrait of a Lady (1996), and The Maker (1997).
Who are the parents of Mary-Louise Parker?
Her father was a judge, who served in the U.S. Army. This led to the family moving on a regular basis during her childhood, and her memories from younger days are unhappy ones. She acknowledges that her parents did all they could in providing a good home, but she was still unhappy. The moves were both within the United States as well as overseas, including Thailand, France, and Germany. Her father eventually tired of the army life, and they settled in Phoenix where he became a bank manager.
She completed her high schooling at Marcos de Niza High School, in Arizona. From there, she went on to study drama at the North Carolina School of the Arts, which she graduated from in 1986.
When did Mary-Louise Parker pursue her acting career?
- She started her acting career, in the mid-80s, when she was cast in a soap opera named Ryan’s Hope. Then she moved to New York City to try and explore more opportunities and took a job at a shoe shop to make some money, initially.
- She was cast in some small roles in different genres until she got the chance to play her first Broadway production in Craig Lucas' Prelude to a Kiss. She continued with the show that later became Off-Broadway and won the Clarence Derwent Award for her role.
- Then in 1991, she got her first-ever TV role in a show named Grand Canyon (1991) and immediately got a role in Fried Green Tomatoes, that same year. Then she worked in The Client (1994) with Susan Sarandon and Tommy Lee Jones.
- She continued to shine with her roles and caught the eyes of other directors/ producers who cast her in their productions. She also played in Bullets over Broadway (1994), Reckless (1995), The Portrait of a Lady (1996), The Maker (1997), Red Dragon (2002), romance & Cigarettes (2006), R.I.D.P (2013), Chronically Metropolitan (2016), Red Sparrow (2018) and many more.
- The success of her career her is marked by her hectic schedule and continuous work, being featured in one show or another every year. Thus she made a reputation for herself and also made a major fan following from across the world.
Was Mary-Louise Parker honor with the awards?
Mary-Louise Parker has been nominated for 33 awards in her career. She won nine of them, of which some of the more notable are as follows:
- In 1990, she received the Theatre Award for her acting in ‘Prelude to a Kiss’.
- In 2001, her performance in the play Proof earned her Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actress in a Play, Drama League Award for Distinguished Performance, Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Actress in a Play and the Tony Award for Best Actress in a Play.
- She won the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film as well as Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie for her appearance in the miniseries ‘Angels in America'.
- In 2005, she received the Satellite Award in the Best Actress – Television Series Musical or Comedy category for her performance in ‘Weeds’.
- In 2006, she won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Television Series Musical or Comedy once again for her performance in ‘Weeds’.
Does Mary-Louise Parker is married or not?
Regarding her personal life, Mary Louise has never been married. She had a relationship with Billy Crudup, an actor, from 1997 to 2003. While she was seven months pregnant with their child, Crudup left her for a younger actress. Parker had a son, William.
Mary's other notable relationship was with Jeffrey Dean Morgan, another actor, from 2006 to 2008. Shortly after announcing her engagement to Morgan, the two separated. In 2007, She adopted a little girl from Ethiopia, named Caroline.
Over the years, Mary Louise has done a lot of work with Hope North, which is a school involved with young victims caught up in Uganda’s civil war. The organization works on educating and healing young people and is run by an escaped child soldier. Parker has a very close bond with him and describes him as almost like a best friend.
How much net worth is Mary-Louise Parker owns?
As per various online sources, Mary Louise net worth said to be $16 million at present. She has earned a huge amount of salary from her career and added up such an incredible net worth in her life.
How tall is Mary-Louise Parker?
Observing her body physics, Marie stands a height of 5 feet 6 inches and weighs around 134 lbs. Similarly, She has dark brown hair and eyes. She used a 32A bra size, 4 (US) dress size and 10 (US) size of the shoe. Further, her body measures 34-25-35 inches.
Trivias About Mary-Louise Parker You Need To Know.
- Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1990" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 42.
- Hated school.
- Has supported LGBT youth, AIDS Foundation, Worldwide Orphans Foundation, Hope North for Ugandan child soldiers and victims.