Mary Mara - Bio, Death, Net Worth, Age, Husband, Family, Facts, Height
Mary Mara, a renowned film and television actress who was renowned for her work in series including ‘Law & Order,’ ‘NYPD Blue,’ ‘Ray Donovan’, 'The West Wing' and 'Boston Public'. She had memorable recurring roles on series such as 'Nash Bridges' as Insp. Bryn Carson, 'ER' as Loretta Sweet, 'Ray Donovan' as Mrs. Sullivan, and 'Dexter' as Valerie Hodges. She also appeared in Mr. Saturday Night. Her first film role was in 1989's Blue Steel, and she later appeared in Love Potion No. 9, K-PAX, Gridiron Gang, and Prom Night. She also appeared in several plays in addition to her many film and TV roles. In 1989, she starred alongside Michelle Pfeiffer and Jeff Goldblum in NYC's Shakespeare in the Park production of Twelfth Night. In 2018, she starred in Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Lynn Nottage's Sweat. Her final on-screen role was as Molly in the 2020 heist film 'Break Even'.
Mary Mara's Death - American television actress
On 26th June 2022, Mary Mara drowned while swimming in the St. Lawrence River in Cape Vincent, New York. She was 61 years old at the time of her death. She was discovered dead on 26th June 2022 (Sunday) by emergency responders in Cape Vincent, New York, on Sunday morning around 8:10 a.m. State troopers, firefighters and an ambulance responded to the call for a reported possible drowning in the St. Lawrence River, which flows into Lake Ontario. “The victim’s body showed no signs of foul play and was transported to the Jefferson County Medical Examiner’s Office,” the police said in the statement. The preliminary investigation indicates that Mara died by drowning while swimming in the river, which is on the U.S./Canadian border, but an autopsy is being conducted to officially confirm her cause of death. Her manager Craig Dorfman confirmed her death. “Mary was one of the finest actresses I ever met,” Dorfman told Us Weekly in a statement on Monday. “I still remember seeing her onstage in 1992 in Mad Forest Off-Broadway. She was electric, funny, and a true individual. Everyone loved her. She will be missed.”
Mary Mara famous for
- Being a TV and film actress.
- For her role as Inspector Bryn Carson on Nash Bridges and her other appearances on primetime dramas dubbed ER and Law & Order.
Where was Mary Mara from?
Mary Mara was born on 21st September 1960. She was from Syracuse, New York, the USA. She possessed American nationality and her ethnicity was American-White. She lastly celebrated his 61st birthday in 2022. About her parents, she was born to her father, Christopher Mara, and her mother, Kathleen McNulty. She had a sister namely, Martha Mara. Virgo was her zodiac sign and her religion was Christianity. Regarding her education, she attended San Francisco State University. She later got her MFA at Yale University. While attending San Francisco State, she established a theater group called HART, which stood for Haight Ashbury Repertory Theatre.
Mary Mara Career Timeline
- Mary Mara made her film debut in 1989, in a film named "The Preppie Murder" as Susan Bird which was then followed by "Blue Steel".
- After that, she went on to work in numerous more movies and shows.
- She was next seen in The Hard Way, True Colors, Out of the Rain in the year 1991; Mr. Saturday Night, Love Potion No. 9 in 1992; Just Looking, Indictment: The McMartin Trial in 1995; Bound, What Kind of Mother Are You? in 1996; A Civil Action in 1998; Switched at Birth in 1999.
- She also appeared in Stranger Inside, Lloyd, K-PAX in 2001; Dish: Gossip in Hollywood, Saint Sinner in 2002.
- She appeared as Kasawa in Undoing and as Kenny's mom in Gridiron Gang in the year 2006.
- In 2008, she was cast in Prom Night, and in 2020, she appeared as Molly in Break Even.
- She made her TV debut with Law & Order in 1993 and 1999 where she appeared in 2 episodes as Mrs. Sharkey / Sally Knight which was followed by PD Blue in 1994 and 1998, ER (1995-1996), Nash Bridges (1996-1997), Dellaventura and Spicy City in the year 1997.
- She was seen as Judith Anderson in Criminal Minds and as Selma in General Hospital in the year 2014.
Who was Mary Mara's husband?
Mary Mara was a married woman to her husband, George Mara. They got married on 23rd September. There are no details about their children. Before the demise of Mary, the two were enjoying their present life a lot. Her sexual orientation was straight.
How much was Mary Mara's net worth?
Mary Mara was a talented actress who had starred in many films and shows during her career time. The net worth of Mary Mara was estimated to have $5 Million as of 2022. Her main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry. She was making an annual salary of thousands of dollars.
How tall was Mary Mara?
Mary Mara stood at the height of 5 feet 2 inches. Her body type was slim. Her body weight consisted of 54 KG. Her other body measurement has not been revealed yet.
Trivias About Mary Mara You Need To Know.
- She had two beloved dogs: a pug named Scooter and a border terrier named Lady.
- She featured in a movie named Blue Steel which was her debut film.
- Virgo was her zodiac sign.