Matt Crooks - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Age, Facts, Height, Family, Nationality, Current Team, Transfer, Wife, Girlfriend, Dating, Famous for, Career
Matt Crooks is an English footballer who plays as a midfielder for EFL Championship club Middlesbrough. He is one of the most talented and anticipated players in the EFL Championship. With the current market value of €1 million, he ranks 350th among all players from England.
Crooks was included in PFA Team of the Year for the 2015–16 season of League Two. He was awarded the EFL Championship Player of the Month award for January 2021 after scoring three goals in an impressive month for Rotherham. He was part of the Rotherham side that gained immediate promotion after the 2019–20 season was curtailed early due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
What is Matt Crooks famous for?
- being an English footballer.
- For playing as a midfielder for EFL Championship club Middlesbrough.
Where is Matt Crooks from?
Matt Crooks was born on 20th January 1994 in Leeds, the largest city in the county of West Yorkshire, England. His birth name is Matt Davidson Rider Crooks. He holds an English nationality and belongs to the white caucasian ethnicity. His birth sign is Aquarius. He is a follower of Christianity.
Crooks was born into a middle-class family. His father Dave Crooks was a player for Leeds Deaf during his club career. He has previously represented the Great Britain Deaf side at an amazing three Olympics in Bulgaria, the USA, and New Zealand winning a gold medal. His mother Sharon Crooks and his younger brother both are also deaf.
Matt Crooks Career
- Crooks started playing football at the age of 8 in 2002 after joining the Manchester United Academy.
- In 2009, he joined Huddersfield Town academy and signed his first professional contract at the club in 2010.
- In March 2012, Crooks joined Halifax Town on a one-month loan and scored his first professional goal with the club.
- At the end of the 2013–14 season, Crooks was offered a new contract by the club.
- On 2 February 2015, Crooks left Huddersfield Town after having his contract terminated.
- On 24 February 2015, he returned to Accrington Stanley signing an 18-month contract.
- Crooks officially joined Rangers on 1 July 2016, signing a four-year contract.
- On 18th July 2017, he joined the English League One side Northampton Town.
- On 11 January 2019, Crooks joined the EFL Championship side of Rotherham United.
- On 23 July 2021, Crooks transferred to EFL Championship side Middlesbrough signing a three-year contract.
- He scored his first goal for Middlesbrough in a 2-1 home win against Bristol City on 14 August 2021.
- On 15 January 2022, Crooks scored two headed goals, including a stoppage-time winner, in a win against Reading.
How much is Matt Crooks's net worth?
As of February 2022, the net worth of Matt Crooks is estimated to be £1 million and has a market value of €1 million. He has accumulated his fortune through his professional football career. As of now, Crooks has signed a 3-year contract with Middlesbrough.
As per the contract, he earns around £100,000 as an annual salary for the 2022-23 season. His salary will be increased in the upcoming seasons if he gives his best performance in this season.
Matt Crooks Personal Life: Wife, Girlfriend, and Dating
At the time of writing, It is difficult to trace the personal life of Matt Crooks; he seems to be very secretive and private when things come about his love life. Moreover, he has not connected to social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook. The main thing is that his parents have suggested giving his full focus on his football career and the obedient guy must have followed his parent's advice.
From here we can know that he is a guy highly dedicated to his career and work. Possibly, his focus on his profession might have made this handsome player stay away from the relationship bound. But we are not 100 percent sure about his relationship background because who knows that he might have secretly dated his loved one.
How tall is Matt Crooks?
Matt Crooks is 6 ft 4 inches tall and his body weight is around 72 Kg. He has an Athletic build body. As a football player, he regularly does workout and gym exercises to keep him fit and active. He has a curly side-faded hairstyle that is dark brown in color. His eyes are brown in color.
He always does heavy exercise which includes weight lifting, push-ups, Single-leg squats, Dumbbell bench step-ups, and others. He arrives every morning at the Middlesbrough football training center for warm-ups and training. He is a simple guy with no tattoos on his body.
Trivias About Matt Crooks You Need To Know.
- He is a Manchester United fan.
- He has been diagnosed with epilepsy since he was 18 years old.
- He is a member of The Jordan Sinnott Foundation Trust.