Last updated on August 23rd, 2023 at 01:04 pm
Facts About Matt Gaetz
|Celebrated Name||Matt Gaetz|
|Age||41 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Matt Gaetz|
|Birth Name||Matthew Louis Gaetz|
|Place Of Birth||Hollywood, Florida, U.S|
|Education||Florida State University|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches|
|University||Florida State University|
|Source of Wealth||Political career|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
Matt Gaetz is a well known American lawyer and politician who has been serving as the US representative for Florida's 1st congressional district since 2017. He is also a member of the Republican party and is currently serving as a Congressman. Previously, Gaetz was also a member of the Florida House of Representatives for four long years. Currently, Gaetz has come upon as a staunch defender of President Donald Trump and was previously arrested in 2008 on suspicion of DUI before he was elected to the Florida House.
What is Matt Gaetz famous for?
- Famous as the Congressman who previously had served in prison on suspicion of DUI.
- Known to be a staunch defender of President Trump.
Where was Matt Gaetz Born?
Matt Gaetz was born on May 7, 1982, in Hollywood, Florida, United States. His birth name is Matthew Louis Gaetz II. His nationality is American. Gaetz belongs to White ethnicity while is his zodiac sign.
Matt Gaetz was born in a well-to-do family and is the son of Don Gaetz(father) & Victoria Quertermous(mother). His father Don, is also a Republican politician who served as a member of the Florida State Senate for 10 long years. Further his grandfather, Jerry Gaetz was the mayor of Rugby, North Dakota.
Gaetz was raised in his hometown by his parents along with his younger sister Erin who was the director of digital content for Jeb Bush's 2016 presidential campaign. He graduated from Florida State University in 2003 with a B.S. degree in Interdisciplinary Sciences. Later, he graduated from the College of William and Mary in 2007 with a J.D. degree. After he got graduated from the law school, he started working at a law firm in Fort Walton Beach.
Matt Gaetz Career Highlights
- Matt Gaetz began his career after he ran in the special election in the Florida House of Representatives for four Districts in 2010.
- He won the election with the majority vote and began serving as the Florida House of Representatives representing the state's 4th district, which includes most of Okaloosa County for 6 long years till 2016.
- Gaetz also became the chairman of the Criminal Justice Subcommittee.
- He also worked as an attorney in Fort Walton Beach, Florida.
- In 2016, he ran for the U.S. House seat representing Florida's 1st Congressional District. He won the Republican primary and became the seventh person to represent his district since 1933.
- Gaetz was listed as a member of the moderate Republican Main Street Partnership in 2017 and even voted in support of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Gaetz has introduced legislation to reschedule cannabis from a Schedule I to a Schedule III drug.
- Gaetz is a great supporter and defender of President Donald Trump for a long time now. In December 2017, he even supported President Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
- In November 2019, Gaetz was one of only two Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee to vote for the Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement(MORE) Act.
- On February 26, 2019, Gaetz tweeted to Michael Cohen about knowing his multiple extra-marital affairs without any proof on the day of hearing of impeachment inquiry.
Who is Matt Gaetz Married to?
The 37 years old congressman, Matt Gaetz isn't married yet and is single. Also, none of his romantic unions has managed to surface the media yet. Gaetz was even arrested on suspicion of DUI on October 30, 2008.
What is Net Worth of Matt Gaetz?
Matt Gaetz has quiet good earning through his professional career mainly as a politician and as well as a lawyer. Gaetz has managed to amass a fortune worth million dollars throughout his career to date from his service for the government for the past few years. Gaetz's estimated net worth is around $27 million. He even earns a few of his extra dollars through his family background and through his some business as well.
Besides, he even donated $200,000 of his money to his congressional campaign back then.
How Tall is Matt Gaetz?
Matt Gaetz has an average body physique. Gaetz stands tall with a height of 5 feet 7 inches while his body weighs around 160lbs. He has fair complexion with brown hair and blue eyes.
Trivias About Matt Gaetz You Need To Know.
- From 2010 to 2016, Gaetz represented Florida's 4th House district in the Florida House of Representatives, which includes most of Okaloosa County.
- Gaetz worked at a law firm.
- His younger sister Erin was director of digital content for Jeb Bush's 2016 presidential campaign.
- He grew up in a house that was used in the film "The Truman Show."
- e has served as a member of the House Judiciary Committee during his time in the US House of Representatives.
- He supported Donald Trump during his time in office as president.